“Very competent restaurant with friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Petite Maison - CLOSED

La Petite Maison
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Look it up on the web. It's brilliant. I'm amazed you haven't got it listed
Southport, United Kingdom
“Very competent restaurant with friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

First class welcome and excellent service for our family party of six. Food extremely competent but not adventurous and was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Clientèle on the Friday evening in the majority mature and smartly dressed and the décor and ambience seemed geared towards this, but that is in no way a criticism just an observation. Just not quite a 5 but If I could give 4.5 I would.

• Visited November 2011

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Exellent food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We went to La Petite Maison to celebrate my birthday. It was our seond visit. La Petite Maison is quite a small restaurant, but is popular so its wise to book. We went on a Wednesday. Whilst most of Topsham was quiet La PM was buzzing.

Its not hard to see why. The menu is a fixed price one, for either 2 or 3 courses - but there is plenty of choice. We started of with half a bottle of prosecco. We were brought some complimentary olives and were given lovely home made bread and cheese straws. For starters I chose a goats cheese souffle and Stephen had scallops and black pudding. For mains I ordered a trio of pork cuts and Stephen had guinea fowl. We both loved our choices.

We could probably have managed a pudding but instead decided to share a cheese board. There was plenty for two, including some lovely crackers and 4 west country cheeses.

The staff here are welcoming its quite clear that all of the guests have enjoyed their meal. We shall be back for a third visit.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Exetergourmets
Devon
“Fabulous birthday celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

After a couple of recommendations from friends, I emailed 2 book a table 2 weeks before my husbands birthday on the 3rd September. I received an email back advising that there had been a cancellation and therefore a free table! We walked in and were greeted warmly by the waiting staff and shown to our table. We were very lucky that a friend had organised for a bottle of champagne on the table which added to the occasion! The staff were highly attentive at all times and we felt we were really looked after. We particularly liked the fact that whatever you choose on the menu there are set prices for 2 or 3 courses. The food was absolutely top class, I had a goats cheese souffle starter and my husband had a crab risotto both were very both light and tasty. We both choose steak for a main course and were not disappointed - cooked to perfection. We shared a cheese board followed by coffee. The ambience of the restaurant is good and there was a lovely buzz about the place. It is bright, clean and crisp in decor. During the evening the chef spoke to every table to ensure that they were happy with their food which was a sign he was confident that it was good! At the end of the evening he spoke with us further which was a great touch. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definitely book again.

• Visited September 2011
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Good food with slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We booked on a Saturday evening. Unfortunately we were told that a previous reservation had arrived late and so everyone else's meals were late. The food for the price was good but for me didn't have the wow factor I had expected from other reviews.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Service and food made a 50th Birthday celebration perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife wanted somewhere special to celebrate her 50th Birthday with Friends and Family. La Petite Maison was the only restaurant considered and we had the most perfect evening.
Liz made arranging the evening easy, with advice on such things as wine and menus. On the evening the attention by the staff was overwelming.
The food was perfect, in every way. To prepare meals for our group of 28 so they arrived within minutes of each other was simply amazing. My personal thanks to Doug and Sarah.
I'm not normally one for doing reviews but hope many will find our experience helpful in choosing that special evening.

• Visited March 2011