“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Maison - CLOSED

La Petite Maison
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Look it up on the web. It's brilliant. I'm amazed you haven't got it listed
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Have not been here for a couple of years but still as good as we remembered, which was very good indeed. Crab lasagne was stunning and main courses first class with great portions. Only comment is a little quiet when not full so a bit of background music would help, otherwise you really should try this little bit of France in Devon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Chris T

Winchester, United Kingdom
“What a lovely little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Went for a birthday dinner - staff delightful and friendly and despite their extensive menu they let us bring out a cake for birthday celebrating.
Food fantastic - perfect size portions where you don't feel left hungry but also know the quality is top. Such a long wine list you could spend a whole evening just tasting! Though that would be a disservice to the delicious food.
Limited menu so that every is done to perfection.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Heidi L
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Cosy and friendly atmosphere with an outstanding menu: food served to perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was my third visit to La Petite Maison, and it has never disappointed me in any way. The menu is always mouth-watering, with an excellent selection of fresh, lighter seafood dishes and more hearty fares (I've never eaten the veggie options but they also look good!). I have lived in Devon for over 5 years now and have visited most if not all of the top restaurants in the location (including Gidleigh Park) but this is my favourite by far. The food is out of this world- what you would expect from the finest of restaurants but what differentiates La Petite Maison and makes it my favourite is that it isn't overly formal and awkward. Service is perfect- you are attended to when you need to be, and left alone when you don't, and it is so friendly- we even stayed behind chatting to the owners for half an hour after finishing our meals. This is the first time I have ever left a review on Tripadvisor, but I wanted to make sure that everyone knows how great this little place is (but I hope I can still get a table once people do!)

• Visited October 2013
“Still Great !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have been eating at Le Petite for nearly 10 years and if you want great local produce, perfectly cooked and served in a relaxed atmosphere it is still the place to be.

Visited October 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“First class cuisine served by excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Whilst the menu is a little limited, and champagne is not available by the glass, the food is consistently excellent. My wife and I have eaten here twice in the last 2 months to mark family events, and we will be making it regular visits.

• Visited September 2013