“Not very impressed.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Topsham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm sure this was the cafe that had an antique shop in the front in days gone by. That was fabulous. Today's visit was indifferent. Staff didn't seem very happy, the place was almost empty so no excuse for abruptness. Ordered tea and cake the cake was not fresh. That's an absolute no no when running a cafe. There is a small courtyard and on a hot day, not an umbrella in site. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Worldstar44

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good ambiance. Child welcoming. Good menu for meals and excellent cakes. There is a good drinks menu and children's portions are available. It is rather short on loos which can be a problem with little ones. It is not cheap but it is good.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I never write on these sites, but I had no other way of letting the management of this cafe know how poor our service was on Saturday.

I have visited this cafe three times now and every time the service has been poor, but it is such a beautiful cafe in one of my favorite towns, so I though I would give it another chance.

I ordered two teas, one coffee and two bits of cake. One coffee, the cake and some chamomile tea was brought over. We said that it wasn't right and the waitress took away the slip, saying that she would get the right thing. 15 minutes passed and I went up to the bar to ask what the problem was and she hadn't passed on the order!

Please! I love this cafe! The cake is good and it's a great location. Don't leave children in charge on a busy Saturday who clearly need to wash their ears out! Thank you.

1  Thank Jamie J
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to The Cafe yesterday for a morning coffee-decide we would share a warm fruit scone !!
I never eat butter/marg or anything on scones, and asked if I could have a spoon of jam instead of the butter provided. There were two little pieces of butter on the dish, the waitress promptly removed it and brought back the dish with one piece, then wrote "jam" on our bill, then came back with"jam" -the most horrible cheap bright red jelly that tasted of nothing !!
To our surprise we were charged an extra 30p for the pleasure of this "Jam" -having taken away my butter portion.....how mean is that !
Scone itself was great as was the coffee- I am a local person and visit Topsham very few weeks- will not be going there again, nor will my friend !

2  Thank georgina056
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Café serves nice but pricey food in a lovely old building. It,s a shame the staff are a bit up themselves. They only take cash, in 2014, not good enough, also as it not being made obvious on entry and passed over with a shrug when mentioned. The café was a bit of a shame but the town of Topsham is a terrible, smug, characterless little town, it even has a restaurant called "Petit Maison" for gods sake, only exception is the antiques warehouse which is worth a look, but the rest of it UGH..

1  Thank Bob G