“Good Pub...Summertime great views.”
Review of Passage House Inn

Passage House Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great pub alongside the river Exe where there is plenty of tables for those lovely summer days. Now being winter the pubs interior is warm and welcoming. The food is good and the staff are excellent and always willing to oblige. The specials board is good but tends to be pricey, but its worth it.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Enjoyed the meal in this Inn in September and on previous occasions....average prices......would go again. The Passage Inn is located away from the main road, which is beneficial as the traffic in the area can very heavy at peak holiday times.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

It was very pleasant to sit in the sun looking out over the river but, I found the lunch time prices a bit steep. I suppose one pays for the view and perhaps the rather upmarket area. When I ordered my food, I explained that my onion allergy made it vital that there was no onion on the plate. It arrived and guess what,.. I had to send it back to get the salad containing onion taken away! In fairness, a nice plain mixed leaf salad came back but, why not listen in the first place? It had the sausage and cheese hot baguette with chips, which was very nice but, not really worth the price of nearly 8 pounds. The staff were very pleasant though and the view was nice...

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Two of us enjoyed our lunch sitting in the beer garden of the Passage House Inn, on the banks of the Exe river. It's an absolutely lovely location.

The service was friendly and welcoming, the beer (I enjoyed a couple of pints of Jail Ale) was in excellent condition, and the veggie burger - which was accompanied by excellent chips, grilled halloumi and a lovely salad - was delicious.

The prices are slightly on the high side (a plate of fish and chips is £12 for example, and most other meals on the menu are more expensive than that), but I thought my veggie burger was excellent value at £9, being the cheapest meal on the main menu too. In fact, it was one of the nicest pub meals I've had in ages.

If you're looking for excellent pub food and beer in Topsham - and don't mind paying a little more for it - you won't go wrong visiting the Passage House. I shall certainly be returning to eat there next time I'm in Topsham.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A lovely pub on the front of the river, Has a regular menu and a specials board. The seafood here is excellent!