“Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Topsham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We booked a table for 15 people for my birthday, we were booked a taster menu and were given a paper menu with the date on which was a lovely touch. We had our own area and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food was fantastic and a good price for the meal we had. Thank you to the team at the salutation helping to make my birthday a great one.

2  Thank 199Charlie
There are newer reviews for The Restaurant at the Salutation Inn

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent choose by my friends there. We had a lovely time.
I enjoyed the dishes, everything well prepared and tasty. Very polite staff.
What else you can ask.
Many thanks! It was a pleasure, and looking forward to the next one!
Well done chaps!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wow wow wow !
From the service to the petit fours and everything in the middle, I couldn't have been more thrilled.
Quite possibly the finest dining experience I have ever had.
My favourite was the fois gras and my husbands was the sirloin.
Course 1 cured salmon
Course 2 fois gras
Course 3 lobster
Course 4 sirloin
Course 5 selection of cheeses
Course 6 exotic milkshake
Course 7 salted caramel desert with ice cream

Yum !
Thanks Amelia - the perfect host !

1  Thank Clareunsworth
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were treated like royalty. Had the five course tasting menu which also includes canapés, bread and petit fours if you order coffee; effectively we had eight courses and the mains are larger than we expected so don't think that the five course option won't be enough! Each dish was out of this world. My
partner had the matching wine flight which he hasn't stopped talking about since. The sommelier (Stephen? Tall, slim, softly spoken gentleman) was so passionate and knowledgable that it was a pleasure spending time talking to him and he is generous with his top ups! He is an asset to the restaurant. Don't even consider trying this place, just book immediately!

1  Thank JJ1_10
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were very lucky on our wedding anniversary to be found a table in a full restaurant on a Monday evening. A delicious canapé selection was washed down with a glass of fizz before we sat down to 5 exquisite courses the main one being a beautifully cooked brill dish. A varied wine list seemed to be very reasonably priced (a wine flight to match menu choices is available if wanted). Service was uniformly attentive and charming. Very well done everyone!