“Regularly eat here cater well for children too” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Estuaire Bistro Bar

L'Estuaire Bistro Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Estuaire Bistro Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Topsham
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Regularly eat here cater well for children too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Lovely place to eat, whether sitting inside or outside on the terrace. Staff always happy and friendly. Breakfasts and lunches are always good, not had a chance yet to go in the evening. Catering for children is a bonus, and no basic chicken nuggets here, real chicken strips . All four children loved their meals aged 4-10, always a bonus. Really good natural lollies too to finish their meal. Coffees, brownies always excellent. Sandwich of the day is consistently good and well filled with a lovely salad. Gammon is thick and well cooked. Croque Monsieurs are so filling again with very good salads. All in all a place for a treat or a place to have a break from shopping or stresses, this place fits the bill.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gintaps

Exmouth, United Kingdom
“lovely location, shame about the food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a local, and a frequent visitor to Topsham, my wife and I decided to stop off here for some lunch on a recent visit.

Initial impressions were that the seating area outside was quite tatty, so we decided to eat inside which was nicely decorated.

Service was ok, however, we were slightly distracted by the lady manager who seemed to be involved in a heated situation with her kitchen staff. These things should really be kept behind the scenes and not in front of paying diners.

Food!!! I have to say, without any reservation, the food was very poor. Hence the reason I am writing this review. I have never been compelled to write a review before, but felt it necessary on this occasion. The food was neither cooked or presented well. I had to remind myself that I was eating in a restaurant as it certainly did not feel like it. Poor quality and poor value all round.

On the plus side, the interior is very nicely decorated and the coffee was good.

Shall not be returning.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richard T
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A disappointing night out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went here a few years ago and had a lovely meal with friends so thought it would be a good place to go for a meal out after a bad day at work recently. Staff were very polite and friendly but my seabass was cold, the chorizo wasn't cooked and the peppers were crunchy and cold too. I squeezed my lime over it and when I returned the meal as it was cold, they presented it back to me on a hot plate with the same bit of squeezed lime and ingredients which had been reheated.
My husband's meal was "alright" , but it would have been nice if we'd had both meals at the same time.

2 Thank Devonian44
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A Lovely lunch in nice surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stumbled upon this place by chance and thought it must be good due to how busy it was outside. We were not wrong. Sitting inside due to lack of seats outdoors in the sunshine we
we were surprised by how smart the establishment is inside. Above what you expect for a
restaurant café on the front.
We elected to have the three course luncheon which was very good value and also really tasty.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble despite them being rushed
off their feet.
Fabulous coffee.

Chulmleigh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Third time visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our third visit while on holiday in Topsham , beautiful spot located near the quay. The food is very good & reasonable priced.. On all visits the staff have been very attentive & service has been swift & professional.

Theres a great selection of drinks on offer , lunch was great both times and we returned the other evening for our last meal before going home.

10/10 service
10/10 location
10/10 food

Superb worth a visit or two!

1 Thank 3Ray1987