We spotted at the hotel for a late lunch on a Sunday. First impressions were very good, great surroundings and attentive waitress. We ordered a lamb and vege Sunday lunch, and a child's Sunday lunch. Sadly when it arrived it had clearly been knocking about for a bit, and I suspect reheated. Tasted ok, but all rather dry and overdone. For the price, a very bad deal indeed. So in all, a fairly disappointing affair. With competition so great around this area, I sadly won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the charming village of Knowle, this historic lodge provides convenient yet characterful budget accommodation near Solihull, Dorridge, Birmingham and the NEC.Dating back to 1816, The Heron's Nest is furnished with 10 comfy rooms and a cosy pub serving up seasonally inspired food and drink together with bags of rustic charm. Its canal and countryside setting brings further appeal, especially during the summer when the outdoor dining area springs to life.Knowle is a lovely place to unwind, with a pretty village square, an early 15th century church and lots of idyllic, timber-framed cottages. You could also take a stroll down the Grand Union Canal - but be sure to pack some sandwiches, as there are 147 miles of towpath.The wider area offers attractions to suit every taste. Shopaholics will love Solihull's Touchwood Centre, history buffs will enjoy the moated, medieval charms of Baddesley Clinton and families will relish a trip to Warwick and Kenilworth Castles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Solihull, Knowle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herons Nest Hotel Knowle
- Innkeeper's Lodge Solihull, Knowle West Midlands