“Excellent B. & B. Value for money.”
Review of Far End Guesthouse

Far End Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knowle
Far End Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 5 Knowle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2012

4 of us from Australia stayed here for 4 nights on the recommendation of a friend. You could not find a better place to stay, very quiet, excellent clean rooms & a lovely breakfast. Great for early morning walks along the Birmingham to London canal, which is only 250 yards behind the house.
Dawn & Steve were excellent hosts & you are in a great location to visit the surrounding Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, the Cotswalds & of couse the town of Knowle.

Room Tip: The best room is the one next to the carpark, with its own en-suite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Far End Guesthouse

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My sister actually found it, and I joined them for 2 nights. My room was comfortable, quiet, even had a fridge! Dawn and Steve, the owners, were helpful and friendly -- really made us feel at home. The surrounding countryside was wonderful with the canal nearby and the public walkways. The small town of Knowle was quaint and within walking distance. What more could you ask for? I will definitely return!

Room Tip: The largest of the 3 rooms is good for stays of 3 nights or longer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst working in the area. A real haven to come back to after work. Great owners, Dawn and Steve, made to feel at home. Fantastic breakfast, comfortable room with brilliant bathroom / shower.
Will defo come back with wife if visiting area again.

Room Tip: Appears all rooms same quality. But my double at rear has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
kixley, Owner at Far End Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Hi nice to see you again. I hope life is not too hectic and we will see you soon.
The horses have been moved away now.

We now have a private entrance through the porch foir visitors and hope you like the changes when you come again.
Regards, Dawn

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary recently and it was just perfect. Such a relaxing and beautiful place to be, right by the canal - perfect for a stroll along to the nearby waterside pubs. We ate our excellent breakfast in the sunny garden and found the proprietors to be warm and helpful, plus a great source of local knowledge. We'll definitely come here again.

Room Tip: The en-suite double is gorgeous and overlooks the garden.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

What a great B&B.
I stay in hotels at least 4 nights a month with work and when I book myself anywhere always stay at a B&B, and this is one of the best.

A stones throw from Knowle, which is a lovely little town with everything you need and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets.

Lovely modern room, freeview tv, free wifi, kingsize bed all to myself, vast array of teas/coffees.

Really friendly owners, I had to leave at 6.30am and, despite my protestations, the owner got up early to make me a continental breakfast. But the best thing was the peace and quiet.

Spend £65 a night at a Premier Inn with doors banging and no breakfast, or spend £38 for my most peaceful night away from home at the Far End?
I know which I'd choose everytime!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Bel04
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I booked this guesthouse for relatives, because of the quiet location and the choice of eating places nearby.
They loved the beautifull location (as it turned out they love walking and a canal is nearby with locks, narrowboats and herons) and the lovely room with the comfortable beds.
My cousin said he had the best and most generous breakfasts he had ever had!
The owner made my relatives feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
I can recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Helga6121
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Far End guest house is a lovely place with very kind and hospitable hosts. The house itself is in a lovely peaceful location where we felt completely at home. It is a stones throw from the centre of Knowle, where we found a pub with some amazing food. My girlfriend's steak was the best she had ever tasted!

After spending a very comfortable night in one of their lovely rooms, we awoke to the biggest and most complete breakfasts I have ever seen. Our only regret was that we couldn't take full advantage of all of it!

I would whole heartedly recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay near Birmingham and it is in a perfect location for anyone wanting to make a stop off when travelling from south west to north east or vice versa.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Selwyn L

Hi,thanks for the review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and your special day.
Both the double rooms are now ensuite and we have made aprivat entrance for visitor an dhope you like the changes when you come again.We look forward to see you again.
Regards, Dawn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowle
Greswolde Arms Hotel
Premier Inn Balsall Common (Near Nec) Hotel
Achill Guest House
Achill Guest House
#2 of 5 in Knowle

Been to Far End Guesthouse? Share your experiences!