“An overpriced disappoinment”

Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Knowle
Price range: US$44 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went to Loch Fyne in Knowle last night for a meal out with friends. They'd been there before and had been pretty impressed, so we went with high expectations. Also, having had a chance to glimpse the online menu before we arrived and the fairly substantial price tags, only added to our high expectations.

Needless to say we were disappointed.

I ordered the mussels to start which were actually pretty nice with a decent sized portion. However, my partner and one of my pals ordered the deliciously billed garlic prawns. He could only describe them as meagre in portion and very greasy. Not good for £6!

For main, my other half ordered the fish of the day - pollock with 2 sides. Considering he asked for the fish to be pan-fried, the skin was soggy and the accompanying chilli and coriander butter sauce was extremely tasteless. His chips were the best bit! My smocked haddock with colcanan was equally soggy and grey in colour. the colcanan was mushy and bland. The beans that came with both our dishes were over cooked and very hard.

The service was generally very efficient but it just didn't make up for the less than mediocre food whose price tag and menu descriptions suggested quite the opposite.

Needless to say, i don't think we're be going back to Loch Fyne in a hurry!

3  Thank chiquitiqua

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited for my husbands 60th birthday and it was fabulous. We have visited a number of Loch Fynes but this was exceptional. The atmosphere, the food, the service , the attention to detail were fantastic. The manager spoke to us on the way out and my husband shook his hand which is high praise indeed as he is a fussy customer.
If you want all the things I have mentioned then visit this restaurant . We hadn't been for a while but we will be visiting more regularly . Simply stunning.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I took my wife here for a birthday meal, the food was great. we both had three courses and could not fault any of them. the haddock with Colcannon was amazing, I had the haggis and scallops to start and it was very tasty

the only thing I would say its that they should have had more staff as they all seems run off their feet

Reviewed 6 June 2014

There are just some days when despite calorie watching you long for comfort food. This was just the case on a miserable dull day we went into Knowle to shop and decided to have our lunch out. We both opted for the traditional fish and chips and were not disappointed. A charming waitress asked if we would like the lighter or traditional batter so opted for the lighter one accompanied by twice cooked chips. There was also a choice of mushy or garden peas which we were pleased about because neither of us are fond of the mushy ones!
When the fish came and we broke open the batter pure white fish was revealed and with a little lemon juice did not need any vinegar. As for the chips - well despite thinking we would just have a few none were left on the plate as just crispy enough with a soft center - naughty but so delicious!
I should say that for those watching the waist line there is a wonderful selection of fish which can be grilled and served with new potatoes but if you really want a treat go for the good old traditional dish and diet the next day!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Gorgeous food and great wine ! Simples !
I have been here several times and it is consistently good , the set menu is great value also . The staff know their stuff and are friendly and attentive .