“Great food and warm atmosphere!”
Review of Luna Rosa

Luna Rosa
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Knowle
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a great evening meal there! Booked through amazon local deal and was attracted by his seafood menu. It turned out to be better than we expected. The restaurant itself wasn't that big but felt really good though. All the food were well presented and really tasted, loved them. Service was really good as well. One of the best meal I ever had! definitely recommended!

Skender A, Owner at Luna Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for the comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your fist meal with us and I hope that you will return for more meals with family and friends.

There are newer reviews for Luna Rosa

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went on a voucher so wasnt expecting much. Especially when we got there and it was in a shopping centre. But how wrong was I the food was phenomenal absolutely beautiful I can honestly say I think its the best meal out I have ever eaten and we eat out a lot as we are food connoisseurs. An absolute must to visit I have already planned our n ext trip here for our anmiversary .

Skender A, Owner at Luna Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your comments about your visit to Luna Rosa on Trip Advisor. I look forward to seeing you here again for your anniversary and many more special occassions.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Another amazing visit to luna rosa for a birthday celebration!!! DEFINATLEY a worth a visit...highly recommended!

Skender A, Owner at Luna Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

A belated Happy Birthday. Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience at Luna Rosa and hope you will join us again for more special occassions.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a Groupon voucher as part of a gift bought for my husband and self,was a bit dubious as to whether the food would be basic. It was far from it.Ooohh it was scrummielicious. Was not really looking forward to the drive just to go eat! but have to say once we were there,the food was stunning,the waiter was lovely and the owner couldn't have been more welcoming, Have since bought our two daughters and boyfriends a voucher each for Easter ,we will definitely be going again.

Skender A, Owner at Luna Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. I am so glad that the journey was worth while and that you enjoyed the food enough to purchase more vouchers. Please join us again for family occassions.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband & I tried this restaurant for the first time recently on a Saturday evening. The restaurant is pleasant inside & looks nice & clean with white table cloths. We started with bruschetta, not realising that not only would we be given complimentary olives, but also 4 pieces of garlic bread between us. The complimentary items were a great & welcome touch but we wouldn't have ordered a bread based starter had we known. We had rather a carb/bread overload before our main dishes had arrived.

For our main courses, my husband ordered lasagne and I had a tomatoey penne dish. Mine was very tasty and I enjoyed it. My husband said his lasagne was fine - nice but nothing outstanding. He did however eat it all.

We had no room left for dessert, so I can't comment on them.

The waiting staff were OK. The man meeting & seating was good but the waitress did not seem particularly engaged. We had to ask for water 3 times before it arrived.

It was a pleasant experience save for the live entertainment which we were not aware of. It began early, some time after 8pm & consisted of accordion and a "dancer/singer" who stamped his feet on the wooden floor a lot - very loudly. It reminded us of Greek dancing actually. The entertainers were amongst the diners as opposed to being on a stage or at a distance) & they moved around the tables, staying longer where welcomed. Some of the diners obviously really enjoyed the entertainment but if it's not your thing, or totally unexpected, it can be very irritating trying to have a romantic meal, or even a chat, whilst someone shouts & stamps their feet repeatedly. The fact that his top rode up and displayed the waistband of his underwear didn't add much to the experience either unfortunately!

I don't mean to put the place down too much as it was a pleasant meal. I think people should be made aware of the entertainment in advance however as it's not really what you expect from an Italian restaurant in Knowle.

2  Thank DandB2007
Skender A, Owner at Luna Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I am pleased that you enjoyed your food but disappointed that you did not enjoy the entertainment. I do not have live entertainment every night so should you wish to dine with us again perhaps you could check in advance.

Management and staff