“Adequate but not outstanding Afternoon Tea”
Review of Catwalk Cafe

Catwalk Cafe
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Knowle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Catwalk Cafe serves afternoon teas on Saturdays at 11.30am, 1.15pm and 3pm. Booking is advisable.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Although recommended by friends we were left a little disappointed with the overall experience we were expecting for an Afternoon Tea. Although the staff were pleasant and looked after us reasonably well the whole experience was just satisfactory but never rose above the basics. A little light music would have lifted the atmosphere, the door bell was an annoyance, groups who had finished their tea's wandering around the fashion exhibits were all small issues which detracted from the overall afternoon tea experience. Luckily the cafe was only half full so it was relatively quiet.
We love a good afternoon tea and although not expensive we did not consider the experience value for money.

1  Thank Coventry-Bob

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Myself and my husband have visited twice now and we both adore this place , the first time was for breakfast and we had the Royal tier which was out if this world ! the second time (today) we booked an afternoon tea and we weren't disappointed and both left very satisfied .
The ambience , decor , staff , food and value for money all make this place a great choice for any occasion and we feel it's well worth the 1hr round trip and we will continue to visit as long as it's open.

1  Thank JLQ80
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Experienced an afternoon tea with my lovely partner and daughter, particularly enjoyed the company as we ate the tasty strips of sandwiches and morsels of cake delivered as the afternoon tea. The delicate scone with cream and jam was also a delight but unfortunately short lived as two bites per half was all you got!
We also had the delight of two attractive ladies modelling outfits, from the accompanying boutique, on the red carpet which enhanced the atmosphere of elegance.
On the whole an enjoyable experience but I was glad that I had eaten a good breakfast that morning. My thoughts are that this is an ideal meeting place for the ladies.

2  Thank roger_jenkins1
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were really impressed with the afternoon tea here. We just about finished our servings and enjoyed every mouthful. Also, we seemed to have endless cups of tea. I am not a fan of the usual tea but I was given a good choice of fruit teas. It was fantastic value, especially when I compare this to another recent afternoon tea I had at Coombe Abbey (both quality and quantity (and tea choice) far better at the Catwalk Café).

The setting was lovely. Pretty mix and match china plates and cups and an old fashioned stand for the afternoon tea made us feel as though we were stepping back in time. If you love to shop, you will love it here too; I could browse whilst at the table and the items on sale are great value. I also loved admiring all the gowns and corsets designed by Gillian and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Knowle itself is a pretty place to wonder too.

Parking was not a problem, just off the high street and free of charge.

The café hosts lots of events throughout the year and we are looking forward to returning.

1  Thank taliward
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've just spent a perfect afternoon with two friends at the catwalk cafe, we booked the afternoon tea. The food was lovely washed down with as much tea/coffee as you could manage whilst listenening to the ridente string quartet Gillian the owner is very welcoming and the staff are great.

2  Thank lorraine w