Got a last minute room booking at reasonable price. We needed to be near B'ham International for train to London next morning so this was very convenient.Very pleasant welcome from reception. No lift so had to carry cases up a couple of flights of stairs which not good for elderly or disabled even though offer from reception to carry the luggage. Room very spacious with large comfortable beds. Tea/coffee fascilities etc. Large screen TV. Good bathroom. All very clean.Must have had room over kitchen/delivery area because we had quite a lot of late night clearing up bottles/dishes etc and also refuse collection and delivery vehicle...very noisy. Booked for dinner which was your average pub grub...nothing special but okay. We opted for the Continental breakfast which again was pretty average but okay. On checking out I asked for an itemised bill because we had the evening meal and drinks added. I was told that the printer was broken so couldn't have an itemised bill but I could look at the screen. Good job I did because we had been charged for breakfast again which was already paid for when we booked online.Fortunately I had the online printout as proof. Got refunded but pretty much with a shrug of the shoulders and "oh yes, you're right" rather than an apology. Also got overcharged at bar previous evening by £6 which had to be corrected. Bit disappointed with all that but hey ho! Glad we got an offer rather than pay full price. Having said all this I would stay again if the need arose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its distinctive fresh white exterior and a prominent position on the High Street in the historic village of Knowle, The Greswolde Arms Hotel is a 17th Century former coaching inn on the old turnpike road from London to Birmingham. Situated three miles south of Solihull and midway between Birmingham and Warwick, it is the perfect West Midlands hotel location to explore either city, or enjoy some of the lovely surrounding Warwickshire countryside. Warwick Castle, Cadbury World and Royal Leamington Spa are within easy reach, and Knowle itself retains much charm, with many attractive timber-framed cottages and a 15th Century church and Guild House. The hotel is located just three doors up the High Street from Knowle’s famous 15th Century Chester House Library, a beautifully restored timber framed listed building boasting an authentically designed Elizabethan Knot Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Greswolde Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greswolde Hotel Solihull
- The Greswolde Hotel Brasserie
- Greswolde Arms Hotel Knowle, West Midlands