We booked this hotel as we lived in the area until 6 years ago. The room was designated for disabled and I am glad we are able bodied even though we are 70 plus. The shower is a standard over the bath so if you have mobility problems you will find accessing the shower over the bath side difficult. The shower itself locked on and could not be turned off. The Housekeeper got her hair soaked leaning under the shower but succeeded in turning it off. She offered the showers in the Gymn next door which could be a noise issue. The bath taps were set against the wall and difficult to turn on and off even without arthritic fingers.The room is on the ground floor next to reception and bar. Externally there is a drinkers/smokers terrace and a roadway with entrance to the hotel car park. Friday night is music night and a "rock" band played amplified music until midnight. We were not warned about this by the hotel.So avoid the Packwood Suite which is noisy and not suitable for disabled guests. The staff were very good. Our farm fresh eggs were stored in a refrigerator,both receptionists were helpful and friendly. We had continental breakfasts which was all we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its distinctive fresh white exterior and a prominent position on the High Street in the historic village of Knowle, The Greswolde Arms Hotel is a 17th Century former coaching inn on the old turnpike road from London to Birmingham. Situated three miles south of Solihull and midway between Birmingham and Warwick, it is the perfect West Midlands hotel location to explore either city, or enjoy some of the lovely surrounding Warwickshire countryside. Warwick Castle, Cadbury World and Royal Leamington Spa are within easy reach, and Knowle itself retains much charm, with many attractive timber-framed cottages and a 15th Century church and Guild House. The hotel is located just three doors up the High Street from Knowle’s famous 15th Century Chester House Library, a beautifully restored timber framed listed building boasting an authentically designed Elizabethan Knot Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Greswolde Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greswolde Hotel Solihull
- The Greswolde Hotel Brasserie
- Greswolde Arms Hotel Knowle, West Midlands