“Family Holiday at Arc Villa by the Sea!!!!!”
Review of Ark Apartments

and 1 more site!
Ark Apartments
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stobrec
Vienna, Austria
“Family Holiday at Arc Villa by the Sea!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Charwat Family from Vienna, Austria.

So I am Lina, proudly the wife to my husband Thomas and a lucky mother to our 2 Perfect Boys! Also, proud to admit openly, I was just diagnosed with Adult ADHS weeks before our trip because believe it or not I tried to jump off our flat balcony, stupid me! ....Why This for an opening of a Review? Well, for anyone who knows or heard about ADHS, will understand that this is the fastest and clearest way to recommend your stay at Villa Arc with Mladen and his loveliest Family because I have spent DAYS looking like crazy for that Perfect Place by the sea knowing it must be out there somewhere! With ADHS, not much is ever good enough really, that is the curse and a Blessing, but to my surprise I came across Villa Arc with those great sea views and Mladen who never says 'No' to his guests, no matter what they wish for!!!! Still not sure? Keep reading please...

Waking up to the Sound of the sea is what I ,myself, and my shocked (after balcony) Family needed more than medication! To make it complete, Mladen answered my call at 22:00pm and just said: you only have to tell me what you wish for your stay and I will arrange it, Lina! So I said I'd like a Baby bed, Mladen said: 'You got it, I will buy it tomorrow just for your Baby!" He did!
I don't know about the rest of travellers, but for me personally, it doesn't get easier to relax and enjoy my Holiday than to have the sea and an owner right there available for you day or night, email or phone. I really hate sitting in front of PC, looking endlessly at pictues that tell me nothing about where I am going! Mladen knows what People Need and he will do All Possible to provide it for your stay! Arc is wonderful for couples or Family! Rooms have Outstanding closeness to the sea, the house is also surrounded by trees, you can listen to crickets 24 hours a day!

What else? Well, you can go down to the blue sea in 5 minutes (a bit wild though for small Kids), and when you wish for just the usual comfort beach zone, then you are 10 min. drive from a perfect Radison Beach area with wonderful Swimming area, Snack bars, white beds (60 kuna for 2 beds and umbrella for a day, but in reality many times you get lucky and noone Comes to even ask for Money ;)! The Stobrec itself is charming town anyhow, have breakfast in Orbis cafe (we Did all 2 weeks!) and go to Margarita Pizzeria (but ist a full menu place, not just pizzas) for dinner (they cook Great there and Prices are good too, plenty of space for Kids to run around while you eat. Another great place for sea-food Lovers is Konoba Nikolaj (but this one's pricy). Ask Mladen anyhow about Radison Beach or where to eat, he knows best; and also he can provide you with a portable beach Baby bed/tent/umbrella so that you can stay all day at the beach and your Baby gets his rest too! Trust me, it is worth it! , Noone thinks of that but Mladen does!

Location of Arc: Close enough to Omish ( definately go there and try out Flinstones Restaurant, great with Kids and the drive to it is picturesque and Relaxing). I would not stay in Omish though, its a bit boring, too crouded and noisy. So again Arc wins! Split is great and Close when you crave for some night City action, they have wonderful City square where Kids can run, Dance, you sit on the steps and just enjoy Being Alive!!!! But it is always nice to know you have a quiet place by the sea to go back too: Arc! Trogir is just 25 min drive from Arc and I ,personally, found it the best place to go at night with Kids!

When you wish to stay home, put your Kids to bed, take the Baby Radio phone with you ( our kids are 1 and 7, Baby hone is great to have still), and just go upstairs to the terrace: Lounge on a beach chair, drink wine, hug, spend time alone, ist also your vacation as a couple, dont Forget to be in love), so hug each other and just Count the stars, look at the City spread over mountains on 1 side and the sea with the Island of Brac right across from the Villa!

What else? Rooms are perfectly equipped, decorated, clean and if something is missing, don't be shy, just tell Mladen, he loves requests ;)

So to sum up: Every Minute you spend looking for a great vacation place in Croatia after reading my Review, will be the Minute you waste that you could rather spend packing up and just getting over here :) I have wasted days of those minutes, I could have spend 4 extra days Relaxing if I had found the Arc sooner :( So I wish you and your Family the same wonderful vacation at Villa Arc, by the way, Mladen even helped me wash our car, but come on, guys, he is just too nice to ever say 'No', so please don't abuse his kindness please ;) He picks People from Airports too (we saw) , he is just happy to make People happy I think.

Warm wishes to all, Charwat's wife, Lina, by the way, I am not easy to satisfy (ask my husband ...) But, Mladen gets 90% from me, only because with ADHS Lady, not even her husbands can get 100% even though he deserves 300% (tsch, dont tell me or he will stop trying :) ok ;) so 90% is as good as gets! Hahaha I feel relaxed after our stay at Arc, and I stopped taking my Anti-depressants, that must Count for something! Come on, get packing already!!!!!! NOW! Stobrec and Villa Arc is awaiting with a smiling owner at the door!

Room Tip: The best way to choose is call Mladen directly and share your wishes, he will accomodate you as he k...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SpanishInsomnia
Faks, Owner at Ark Apartments, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I really do not know how to respond. It is so, soooooo.......unbeliavable.
Dear Lina, we are very grateful for all those kind words and wish you and your family all the best in your life.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
Lupburg, Germany
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Our recent weeklong stay at the Ark Apartments was amazing. Our apartment had a very nice sea view and was a very short walk from the beach. Everything was just as advertised: the apartment was very clean, new, and had plenty of space for a family of four. The location in Stobrec was excellent; it was very quiet, and there were restaurants, a small bakery, and all amenities available within a very short walk. Additionally, parking was available and secluded. Mladen and his family were extraordinarily polite and helpful. I strongly recommend Ark Apartments to anyone travelling to the Stobrec/Split area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We spent a week at Villa Ark apartments and found them to be exactly as described on the Holiday Lettings website: modern, clean and of very high quality. The villa overlooks the sea and our apartment had a fabulous sea view. There are some (steep) steps down to the sea from the villa but there are also many other places nearby to swim and relax in the sun and it never feels too crowded or busy. It's a short walk into the village of Stobrec, which has all amenities and provides a contrast to the bustle of Split; however, when we wanted to get into the city it was no problem - there is a regular bus from the village or from the main coast road. Mladen and his family were the perfect hosts for whom nothing was too much trouble and we would happily recommend Villa Ark without reservation to anyone looking for high quality self-catering accommodation in this beautiful part of Croatia.
Edward S.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Edward S
Roma
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We spent our holidays in Villa Ark apartments and the only thing I can say is that we will be back. Why? Because of everything - position (the house is placed just above the sea, surrounded by trees), everything is brand new and clean, apartments are very spatious and modern, sea view from the balcony and terrace is absolutely spectacular, but most of the all - Mladen, the most polite and helpfull host we have ever met. Our recommendations for this place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Deva, Hunedoara, Romania
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Everything is superlative! New, beautiful, comfortable and by the Seaside ! The place is exactly like in the website description. We spent a wonderful and relaxing time with the family for a week. Hosts are wonderful people, socialize and helpful! Gladly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013
Longyearbyen, Norway
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Our stay at the newly opened Ark Apartments have been beyond all expectations, The property and apartments are of high quality and nicely fitted out. Most apartments have beautiful sea view and very nice balconies/terraces. The sea and beach are only a few stair-steps away. A shared, large terrace on the top of the building gives 360 degrees view of Dalmatia - mountains as well as sea. The building is sheltered, which gives absolute peace and quiet. Within short walks you can find a very good pizzeria, a well-known fish-restaurant and a terrace bar. The center of Stobrec, a small charming village 400 meters away, offers several place to eat, grocery stores, pharmacy, bakeries, tennis court, golf court - and a lively beach by a large camp site. Split center is 6 km away, easily reached by bus or taxi, water sport activities 3 km away in the other direction. A car is convenient but not necessary. We where a family of four, managing without a car. In addition to the above, what we first and foremost will remember Ark Apartments for, is the extreme friendliness and service from the owners, Mladen and his family. For interested guests he will help organize all kinds of activities included boat trips, guided tours in all directions, rafting, diving, car-rentals, etc. etc. There is never a no if you ask Mladen or the rest of his family for assistance. We were very glad we found this pearl by the sea and know where we will be staying if we return to the area.

Room Tip: Level 1 and 2 have balconies and sea view, level 0 have large terraces and sun beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stobrec
Radisson Blu Resort Split
#22 of 55 in Split
Garden Apartment Hotel
Garden Apartment Hotel
#23 of 55 in Split

Been to Ark Apartments? Share your experiences!