“Good location n place TERRIBLE OWNER”

Amethyst Court Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Porirua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Well we had i lovely stay. Enjoyed our time there. Best location close to north city n the trains.But when it was time to check out the owner she was so rude.There was few rubbish around but the room was not that bad only few were on the table n rest beside the rubbish bin by the table it was not like everywhere around the room.The owners done a room check. The husband did not say anything but when the wife she went in first thing she said was O.M.G what a pigs and look at the room.She was so rude about it and said we don't have much time cleaning the room so we don't like people leaving the room like this. She must if been lazy to clean the room or wanted the guest to do it for her.When we 1st checked in we found hair in the bath tub n dusty table lamp but we did not complain about it.We were getting late so we just checked out and the owner she returned our board back and so rudely said never ever come back to my motel. How rude was that from a owner she should be telling a guest who payed for three nights n telling them not to come back ever again to there motel. She should if said hope to see u guys again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thankyou for your review - on booking these guests did not have a Credit Card so we asked them to pay on arrival and a bond which was paid.

They stayed 3 nights and every morning the cleaner was disgusted in the state of the room in the way it was left. They did not know what a rubbish bin was, they thought the floor was the rubbish bin.

When they checked out the room was inspected, their bond was returned because there was nothing broken or any damage done and we advised them that we would not accept another booking from them in the future buecause we take pride in our suites and did not like our suites being treated like the local rubbish tip.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Absolutely wonderful accommodation, considering it is next to a busy road you don't hear a thing in the rooms. They are clean, have everything in them to make you feel pampered and the management are down to earth friendly people. I reckon the best motel in Porirua all rounder.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thankyou for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Amethyst Court Motor Lodge and hope you return again in the near future

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Still staying at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge 2 years after my first stay ,

Came down with 2 other work friends for the Rugby sevens ,Stayed in a 2 Bedroom unit and had a very enjoyable time as could park up car and just a 2 minute walk to the train and 20 minute ride to the rugby stadium (no D I C danger)

Very hand to shopping center across the road with restaurants 2 minutes walk from the motel.
Hosts Murray & Helen always supply very good service

We as a group have already booked the same room for next years Rugby Sevens weekend

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thankyou for your review and positive comments.

Looking forward to catching up when the next Rugby 7's comes to Wellington

Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

We booked two rooms over the phone from Auckland and upon calling initially, I asked Helen if I have to pay for extra for my 2 year old son who sleeps with me in the same bed and she very rudely said "yes you do. He sleeps with you doesn't mean he doesn't have shower or won't use our services". I understand that bit but it was a simple question as most places doesn't charge for kids that young. I don't mind paying as my family is the reason who I work for and money means nothing to me when it comes to my family but then I thought maybe she had a bad day that's why she wasn't very professional over the phone. We still made the booking and went there for the rugby (Wellington 7's). During our stay there, one of the room key (card) stopped working and when my mate took it downstairs to get it fixed, Helen got wild on my mate and started shouting on him saying "This must have happened because you must have left the card with the cellphones". How is anyone supposed to know not to leave the card and the cellphone together unless being told at the time of checkin. Murray seems to be "under petticoat" as well as its Helen who is being a [--] and Murray blindly follows her. We are in the process of lodging the complain with the hotels association as my mate asked for the details over the counter from Helen to do so. With this attitude of the owners, this premises doesn't look to be very good to be used again in future and if anyone's self respect means a lot to them, they would never use this and get humiliated by someone who we pay to provide service.

• Stayed: February 2013
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thankyou for your very untrue review - when these guests booked their accommodation with us they were explained exactly what was in the room, they were even told there was no air conditioning. When they queried us charging the extra person rate for the child under two whom supposedly sleeps with his parents, on checkout both beds were used in the room. With regards to the swipe card that did not work, this guest came down to reception swore at Helen, he stated he was p...... off. I asked this guest if he had the card beside his cellphone and he said no. Murray told them at check in not to let the cards in close proxiamaty with their phone. I swiped two more cards for them and took them up to the guests room. They even complained about the heat in the rooms and requested two pedastal fans for each of the rooms, Murray provided one and made a special trip to purchase another fan for the other suite for the guests comfort during their stay. These guests obviously did not appreciate us going out of our way for themand have failed to mention this service.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Nice friendly hosts who walked us down to our room to show us how to work the key and power in the room. It was the first time I'd seen this sort of set up so it was very helpful. We stayed one night whilst at a concert in the towns centre. Lovely quiet room, good shower and bathroom facilities, tea and coffee facilities, value for money. Sleek and modern room! Hubby and I had a good night away! We would both recommend and look forward to staying again :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thankyou for your great review - hopefully you will return again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times now. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside it is sleek and modern.
The hotel is less than 2 mins off the motorway and about 20 mins from the city centre.
The rooms are lovely and the owners are friendly and helpful. Breakfasts are available and are good value.
If I had to find fault I would say that the bed was very firm, but that may be just me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thankyou for your great review - sorry about the bed not being to your liking, unfortunately bed comfort is a personal preference. All of our beds are Sleepyhead Brand and most guests comment on how comfortable our beds are.

Next time you are in Porirua, we hope you make the Amethyst Court Motor Lodge you first choice for accommodation.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Hi all,

I would really recommend this motel to anyone who would come to Porirua for vacation or business. I had enjoyed my stay for a week and both Murray and Helen have been very much helpful to accommodate my need. If i have another chance to go back there again, will definitely book this motel, provided that they give me a special price :) haha..

Thank you very much to both of you.

//Wira

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
court02, Owner at Amethyst Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Thankyou Adzwanwira for you great review and glad that you enjoyed your time at our Motor Lodge.

We both look forward to your return visit should you come back to Porirua for business or pleasure (maybe next time you will come with your wife and child)

Murray & Helen Mears

Also consider these accommodations in or near Porirua
No photo provided
#4 of 5 in Lower Hutt
Moana Lodge
Moana Lodge
#1 of 1 in Plimmerton

Been to Amethyst Court Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!