“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Son en Breugel
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel in February during the carnival in Son en Breugel. My room was marvellous! It was an excellent size with and en suite that had a bath and two showers. The rooms cleanliness was of a particularly high standard. As it was really cold outside, I found that the cosy warmth of the room was very inviting. The bar was just as cosy and extremely friendly. The only things I found wrong with the whole experience was that the lift didn't work but that wasn't a great tragedy as I was on the first floor, so not too many stairs to navigate with my suitcase. The other was that the 'double' bed was two single beds pushed together and they kept coming apart during the night and myself and my partner kept falling through the gap!
I can't comment on the food as I ate at my friends apartment in the village but had good reports from my friends and their friends.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I am staying there on regular basis for business. The food is excellent, refine, very gastronomic. The service is also very good. The hotel room are ok, but could be upgrade to a more modern version. The desk are too small and not practical. The room are quite dark. But people are friendly and it is nice to staying there. The room size are good. I have also been there with my family and the hotel and restaurant were very accommodating to small child needs.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Seb G
Bentivoglio, Italy
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was only at the restaurant, so I can't talk about the hotel. The room gives a very pleasant atmosphere, soft lights, pictures on the wall, clean setting, nice and helpful staff. The choice of food is not very wide, but the lunch was particular and delicious. It is set in a very quiet beautiful place in the outskirts of Eindhoven near Science Park.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We have stayed 2 nights in the hotel. The room was very quiet, modern bathroom very clean.The only problem is the bed is not fully comfortable for a couple. The staff is very helpfully. The restaurant is nice. Service is good and friendly. The food is nicely presented and taste very good. The price for the 2 nights including dinner and drinks was very reasonable. We will defenetely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have staid here on several occasions and the room standard varies a lot. Make sure you get one of the new rooms as they are much better than the old ones. They have now got a fresh juice machine and a great coffe machine for breakfast. the breakfast spread could be better with more variety of fresh fruit. Rooms get very hot, the bathrooms are usually very large. Friendly staff and the food in the restaurant is nice. Lovely suntrap in the garden where you can have a drink by a little stream. Would like better pillows I think they need a replacement.

Room Tip: ask for one of the new rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fudgebabe
Albany, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great service and an unique hotel! I was shocked at how modern the rooms were - everything seemed to recently be updated which was a welcome surprise. I tagged along on my husband's business trip but he always stays at this hotel when he's in Son en Breugel and always has great experiences.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

My parents, my wife and I stayed here for two nights. The rooms were nice, the breakfasts were excellent but the thing that set this hotel apart was outstanding service. My father, who is in his nineties, left a piece of luggage at the airport in Amsterdam. The staff was helpful in getting them delivered to us quickly. The morning of our departure, I had left the inside light on in our van and so we had a dead battery. They called the auto service, gave me a ride to pick up a couple we were to pick up and returned us to the hotel just as the auto service had us ready to go. The hotel is lovely and unique. We'll stay there again.

Stayed January 2012
Binnenstad
Boutique Hotel Glow
Boutique Hotel Glow
#12 of 26 in Eindhoven

Been to Hotel Restaurant la Sonnerie? Share your experiences!