“A Great Family Wedding Reception Venue” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Stanwick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanwick
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A Great Family Wedding Reception Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights for a family wedding and stopped in the 'Chalet' style rooms. Large room, vey clean, good storage, very comfortable bed and very spacious wet room. Lovely setting, ample on site car parking.
Excellent choice at breakfast. We had use of the venue on the night before the wedding & both families gathered, had a meal & got to know each other.
Food and service on the night before & wedding reception were excellent.
Family Bar B Que was laid on the day after the wedding and the same quality of catering and service were evident.
The owners allowed us to have a Bouncy Castle to entertain the younger ones.
The staff were very helpful and attentive.
An ideal venue for our Family gathering.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for showing your appreciation. It means a lot to Team Courtyard.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I returned to The Courtyard for the first time since my wedding two years ago to enjoy a family birthday celebration. The Venue itself has changed dramatically since I last saw it with the removal of the marquee and the new entertainment building having been built. As pretty as it still is I can't help feeling that some of the initial charm and character has been lost to make way for a money making venture. Still, I was delighted that the food was as fantastic as it had been at my wedding. The chefs are certainly top quality and clearly cope with the rising number of visitors. I must say I was very suprised to see the previous Manager walking behind the bar who many previous reviews had commented was so disorganised and unhelpful - has this now changed? My only gripe in regards to our visit was that I stumbled across a pile of advertising leaflets for weddings at the courtyard with my photo on the front of it. No one has ever approached me to ask if I am happy for this to happen and I do feel slightly annoyed that nobody thought it necessary to ask for permission. I mentioned this to a friend who had also had her wedding at the courtyard and she pointed out that photos are also put on the company website without permission, including a photo from her own wedding where some of the guests children can be seen in it. I have chosen to write this review not out of cristicsm for the courtyard as I still regard it with much fondness, but more as a warning to future brides to be and party organisers who may not wish to have photos of their special day made available for all to see!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LCD1
HotelierStanwick, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Lisa we are so sorry that your beautiful photographs had not been sanctioned by you. We take care to ask permission especially now with most of the weddings going on Facebook. I have also removed your pictures from the web site. The brochures are now out of date and I have removed them all

I am glad you enjoyed your last visit to us and I will be more than happy to offer you and Martin a meal on the house as a token of our apology.

The marquee went because we had issues with the neighbours who alleged they could hear the music so we had to build a sound proof room. Once Reflections was completed the brides preferred the larger air conditioned room to the marquee and it became redundant so we disposed of it earlier this year. There is still plenty of room if a bride wants to hire a marquee but we can't play music after 11pm in it.

I hope you are both well and happy and thank you for pointing out the error.

Kind regards

Jo Bates
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife and I married at The Courtyard in early August 2011 and can honestly say our day exceeded both our expectations and those of our 120 guests.
We can't recommend enough the fantastic management team with an eye for detail that made our day so incredible.
If you are searching for a venue for your special day and are after a relaxed, intimate setting with unbelievably flexible staff, search no more. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sam_Han
Leeds, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed recently at the Courtyard with my husband & my parents in order to go to a party in a neighboring village.

The grounds to the hotel were lovely. We stayed in the contemporary rooms which are accessed from outside like a motel. This was very convenient for my mother.

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good. My only negatives would be that our room was very small compared to my parents, theirs was huge, and both at the same price and that there was a green light that stated on all night.

Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Beautiful grounds and gardens. Courtyard rooms are 4 star. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a gem of a hotel. Well done all the staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double room in the courtyard. It was fab. King size bed. Quality bathroom furnishing.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

We were here for a family wedding and so had a few rooms booked. Before the wedding we had a few problems with cancelling rooms but this was soon sorted and rectified. The staff were lovely and the rooms themselves albeit smeller than usual (in 1 room) were beautifully decorated, very clean and modern.

Breakfast was nice, but would prefer a self serve hot breakfast as straying from the set options sometimes meant the order came slightly wrong. The cold options were lovely and fresh juice very nice. However, once again, tea and coffee should be available as 1 cup in the morning soon went.

Food at the wedding was wonderful. Staff were lovely and we felt like 1 big family. Grounds very beautiful and id stay here again

My only critism was that the rooms were a little too expensive for size/facilities - yes the rooms are beautiful, but on the smaller side of comparison hotels ive stayed at in this price range.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicola T
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

We have just returned from this delightful hotel. The hotel is in very pretty surroundings and was most relaxing.
We stayed in The Loft and it was super clean with luxury bed linens. The whole place is kept looking very smart and a lot of care is taken to keep it looking this way.
The breakfast was excellent and not at all greasy. Good to see the restaurant tables being cleaned thoroughly after they are used. No sticky grubby tables here!! I did think that the breakfast time finished a tad early at 9am on a weekday and 9.30 at weekends which we found a little early on a relaxing break.
Yes I would certainly return if we were in the area and very well done to the owners for keeping the hotel in such a pristine condition.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanwick
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
#2 of 2 in Thrapston
Hopping Hare
Hopping Hare
#3 of 29 in Northampton

Been to The Stanwick Hotel? Share your experiences!