“Excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay.”
Review of The Stanwick Hotel

The Stanwick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanwick
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I booked The Courtyard to break our journey from a visit to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire (wonderful experience and highly recommended) and catch up with friends in Stanwick. We were greeted by Deb who escorted us to our room. She explained about the major works to extend the conservatory going on and the fact there was a private party that evening. However, the party atmosphere contributed to the success of our evening and Deb ensured we never waited at the small and crowded bar for drinks. We had a superb dinner in the restaurant, with excellent service. Our friends who were local loved it too. Breakfast was also excellent. Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we stay again? Yes. Very good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob531
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you so much for showing your appreciation. It does mean a lot to us.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Hired the Courtyard as wedding venue for our daughter's wedding. Really pleased with the facilities and the service. Lovely rooms, great area for the reception, peaceful and picturesque for the morning after! The staff were welcoming and did everything possible to make our day memorable in every way. Loads of space for the bride and her entourage to get ready - the house has a great loung area ideally suited to this - or to chilling with friends and faimly on the evening before the do! Breakfast was delicious. Thank you to the whole team - a great venue for a great event.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wanderobo
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

It was a lovely wedding and we really loved your bridal car!!
Hope to see you all again soon so glad you had a wonderful day

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and i have just enjoyed an overnight stay at this property, we were given room no1 in the original building which was beautiful, spotlessly clean with our own patio doors leading into the secluded garden. We had use of the guest lounge which is very tastefully decorated, the bed was so comfortable with immaculate bed linen.Unfortunatly this was a short stop but would certainly have no hesitation in staying here again, Thankyou Jo it was a pleasure to meet you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul g

So glad you enjoyed your stay. I do hope to see you again
Many thanks

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights. I had a very small room (room 8), the bathroom was ok in size.
The only thing that bothered me was the safety light in the room. It stays on all night and if you are a light sleeper, like I am, it can be a problem. I think the cleaning staff wasn't very enthousiastic during my trip :-)
A good hotel for business people but not really for families.
Breakfast was ok, but a bit limited in choice. I wouldn't recommend having dinner in the restaurant, the menu is very limited and the food is greasy (a salad is not even on the menu).

Room Tip: rooms 15 to 18 are large rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment, the only way we can get better is when we are told what is happening.

As a single traveller you had a single room double rooms are larger, and maybe available for single visitors.

We are not a purpose built Hotel but have evolved from a rural location with conversions from stables and our own home. We have therefore adapted ourselves to cater mainly for the business community who regularly stay with us.

The green light is smoke alarm, there for health & safety so we will have to see what can we do!

Breakfast & dinner is cooked to order locally sourced fresh. The menu reflects what our regular customers demand, but we are always looking for ways to improve it and making it more healthy can only be a positive thing. There is a caesar salad on the light menu and other items can be changed to meet personal taste.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We chose to stay here at it was just 3 miles from family. It was great. Clean, friendly, good breakfast, good room and excellent shower with masses of hot water. Obviously a place which is used for Christmas parties at this time of year, so be prepared for 100s of empty bottles being emptied into the the bin behind room 12 !! But over all an excellent stay. Just check that the person checking you in tells you the correct breakfast times. We missed it on our 2nd day but the staff handled it professionally and without demur.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Woops! So sorry about the bottles. Yes we did have a lot of parties and I am sorry that we did not give you a room away from our banqueting suite. We should not have assumed that you were attending a party. I will reprimand the bar staff anyway as they know they should leave the bottles until the morning.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I am so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Jo Bates (Owner)

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights for a family wedding and stopped in the 'Chalet' style rooms. Large room, vey clean, good storage, very comfortable bed and very spacious wet room. Lovely setting, ample on site car parking.
Excellent choice at breakfast. We had use of the venue on the night before the wedding & both families gathered, had a meal & got to know each other.
Food and service on the night before & wedding reception were excellent.
Family Bar B Que was laid on the day after the wedding and the same quality of catering and service were evident.
The owners allowed us to have a Bouncy Castle to entertain the younger ones.
The staff were very helpful and attentive.
An ideal venue for our Family gathering.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you so much for showing your appreciation. It means a lot to Team Courtyard.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I returned to The Courtyard for the first time since my wedding two years ago to enjoy a family birthday celebration. The Venue itself has changed dramatically since I last saw it with the removal of the marquee and the new entertainment building having been built. As pretty as it still is I can't help feeling that some of the initial charm and character has been lost to make way for a money making venture. Still, I was delighted that the food was as fantastic as it had been at my wedding. The chefs are certainly top quality and clearly cope with the rising number of visitors. I must say I was very suprised to see the previous Manager walking behind the bar who many previous reviews had commented was so disorganised and unhelpful - has this now changed? My only gripe in regards to our visit was that I stumbled across a pile of advertising leaflets for weddings at the courtyard with my photo on the front of it. No one has ever approached me to ask if I am happy for this to happen and I do feel slightly annoyed that nobody thought it necessary to ask for permission. I mentioned this to a friend who had also had her wedding at the courtyard and she pointed out that photos are also put on the company website without permission, including a photo from her own wedding where some of the guests children can be seen in it. I have chosen to write this review not out of cristicsm for the courtyard as I still regard it with much fondness, but more as a warning to future brides to be and party organisers who may not wish to have photos of their special day made available for all to see!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LCD1
HotelierStanwick, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Lisa we are so sorry that your beautiful photographs had not been sanctioned by you. We take care to ask permission especially now with most of the weddings going on Facebook. I have also removed your pictures from the web site. The brochures are now out of date and I have removed them all

I am glad you enjoyed your last visit to us and I will be more than happy to offer you and Martin a meal on the house as a token of our apology.

The marquee went because we had issues with the neighbours who alleged they could hear the music so we had to build a sound proof room. Once Reflections was completed the brides preferred the larger air conditioned room to the marquee and it became redundant so we disposed of it earlier this year. There is still plenty of room if a bride wants to hire a marquee but we can't play music after 11pm in it.

I hope you are both well and happy and thank you for pointing out the error.

Kind regards

Jo Bates

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanwick
The Hind Hotel
Travelodge Wellingborough Rushden
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to The Stanwick Hotel? Share your experiences!