“Delightful cooking with a view to match”

Terrazas del Sauzal
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in El Sauzal
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Terrazas del Sauzal are 10.000 Square meters of peaceful and unique gardens. We are located right in the center of El Sauzal (Tenerife, Canary Islands), very close to the Church or San Pedro and the Town Hall. Find your ideal plan with all the possibilities we have to offer you. Do you fancy a delicious meal in our terrace while you watch the stunning views of the sea, the coast and Mount Teide on the background? How about a romantic dinner in our beautifully decorated restaurant? Or simply enjoy the afternoon sun, sipping a delicious cup of coffee and our home made desserts? If you are interested in holding an event or celebration, we have different spaces that may suit your needs: exterior terraces, gardens and indoor rooms. Contact us and we will provide you with a quote. Terrazas del Sauzal is the ideal place where you can enjoy good food, amazing views and friendly service!
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Visited for my birthday and organized a meal off menu with the boss Jean-Paul
His chef Seve made a memorable meal starting with an Iberico ham carpaccio which was stunningly light and delicate. Galician scallops in a lobster sauce seasoned perfectly and cooked to perfection
The wines throughout the meal were all local and matched the food exactly
They have the bread produced for them by a bakery in the south and I have to say the last best bread I had eaten up to this was at Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester so high praise indeed
Dessert was an intense chocolate fondant with white chocolate ice-cream which ended the meal on a real high
Our waiter Souso served us with great panache explaining each course and wine in fine detail, including lots of interesting anecdote's and stories throughout our evening, a true asset to the restaurant
Highly recommend

1  Thank Stevens0n
There are newer reviews for Terrazas del Sauzal

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The food was really good. Will come back. Best meal I had while in Tenerife. Not easy to find but worth it.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Some twenty minutes from Hotel Botanico, Puerto de la Cruz, this is a very elegant and upmarket restaurant blessed with wonderfully compelling views and super sunsets.
Owner Jean Paul is very keen to please and was happy to omit ingredients which we disliked or to which we were allergic.
Drinks were taken on the lovely terrace and dinner in one of the inside dining rooms ...it was a cool June night.
A short but well balanced menu offered imaginative and well presented dishes such as starters of tuna tartare with apple and avocado cream, black pork raviolis with potato foam and boiled mojo and raspberry gazpacho with smoked mackerel.
Mains offered three fresh fish... with salmon in sesame seeds sweet potato ,ginger and soy sauce being perhaps the pick of the bunch.
Meat features Iberico pork with palm honey, mini vegetables and mashed potatoes and sirloin steak with boletus.
However my duck magret on creamy apple sauce with red onion pearls was tasteless and pretty tough indicating that more care is needed with food sourcing.
Desserts are impressive and passion fruit mousse with mint gelee and coconut ice cream was the star dish of the night.
Portions are very large ( although some may find that a plus point) and sharing several courses may add to the enjoyment of the well presented meals.
A compact wine list is fairly priced as is the food.
The disappointing duck compels me to deduct one star but hopefully I will be able to upgrade the review to ' excellent' on my next visit.
In summary ...a special place which is well worth visiting.

2  Thank LARGOBAY
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Beautiful, modern terrace. Beautiful view and a beautiful sunset. The food was great and the price was fine.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Last month I went on holidays to Tenerife to visit an long time friend that lives there. He took me to this place and the minute I walked in I was stunned by its beauty and even more so by what in my opinion are the best views I have contemplated in my whole life. What a show! The coastline with mount Teide on the background make a perfect scenario for the amazing sunset.
We had a couple of drinks in the terrace before we headed down to the restaurant. Beautifully decorated. My wife enjoyed the salmon covered in sesame seeds and I particularly liked the tuna tartare for appetizers. All of this accompanied by an excellent wine from the island.
On top of this the wonderful service made it one of the best dining experiences I have had.

2  Thank johnbutlerdiaz