I arrived late afternoon at this hotel, having spent the previous eleven days in Lisbon. I had an early flight the next day and wanted to relax.
Check-in went smooth (thanks Pedro) and my invoice was waiting as I had prepaid. The hotel looks remarkably like every other Holiday Inn Express. The room was basic, but did have a window that opened. Television provided lots of English channels. The major drawback was the bed. It was so hard, I could have been sleeping on the floor at the airport.
A short walk into Prior Velho provided at least three restaurants to choose from. I had a good meal with a bottle of wine at a small cost.
The major drawback seems to be timing. I had a 6AM departure the next day. My wake up call never came (it had been incorrectly scheduled for 5AM). The breakfast and shuttle both started far too late for an airport hotel. Fortunately a taxi was only E8.
The lobby also has a bar, and Pedro made a really stiff Gin & Tonic for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, a brand new modern hotel, ideally located next to Lisbon International Airport and only minutes away from FIL trade fair venue, the PavilhÃ£o AtlÃ¢ntico and Lisbon City Centre. Whether you re coming on a short business trip or to see the historical sights, you ll find this Budget Hotel perfectly adapted to both occasions.Lisboa Oriente, the closest train and metro station, is located a mere 5 min away (by car), and just next to it is Vasco da Gama Shopping Centre. Less than 5 miles away from the Hotel, you can find main attractions like the Lisbon Casino, the Oceanarium, Gulbenkian Museum and St. George s Castle with its astonishing views over the Seven Hills.The Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport offers twin bedrooms with 2 single beds for a maximum of 2 adults, and double rooms with a double bed and a sofa, where families of 2 adults and 2 children (under 18) can comfortably stay.All guestrooms are equipped with A/C, a spacious work desk, cable LCD TV and pay-tv, direct dial phone, hairdryer, ice bucket, en-suite bathtub, tea and coffeemaker (for complimentary use) and high speed internet access at a charge. Make yourself comfortable and kick off your day with an appetising complimentary continental buffet breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, IHG, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport Hotel Lisbon
- Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport Portugal/Prior Velho