Arrived after a long day on the road from Adelaide and from sightseeing.
Owner in reception booked us in fast and took dinner reservation.
Cabin room clean and complete with everything we needed.
Shower took a little bit of controlling to get the right temperature, but was efficient and powerful enough.
English waiter persuaded us to eat local kangaroo steak complemented with KI Shiraz wine. The cheese & fruit platter was more than enough to share as dessert.
Found the cabin to be quiet and cool and our terrace a pleasant place to catch up on blogs and emails with the free wifi and a cup of tea before breakfast.
Can't fault this motel style retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated adjacent Flinders Chase National Park a unique mix of eco-friendly facilities, local food and wine and located in the middle of the forrest provide an unforgettable wilderness experience. The idyllic location provides the perfect base for discovering the splendor of Kangaroo Island's natural wonders before returning to the tranquillity of the retreat to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the company of friendly native animals and an amazing array of birdlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Hotel Flinders Chase
- Hotel Kangaroo Island
- Wilderness Retreat Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Flinders Chase