Great location near Flinders Chase Park, close to Hanson Bay Sea Lions and Koala Sanctuary. Cute local wallabies and possums are very entertaining for the kids. Hand feed them the supplied 'chow'. Only real meal options are via the dinner reservations at the lodge. Continental breaky is OK. If you have your own groceries, it is almost impossible to cook for yourself. BQ did not work and self cook facilities not clean. Ask to borrow dishes or utensils and you feel like it is a big favour. Staff otherwise friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated adjacent Flinders Chase National Park a unique mix of eco-friendly facilities, local food and wine and located in the middle of the forrest provide an unforgettable wilderness experience. The idyllic location provides the perfect base for discovering the splendor of Kangaroo Island's natural wonders before returning to the tranquillity of the retreat to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the company of friendly native animals and an amazing array of birdlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Hotel Flinders Chase
- Hotel Kangaroo Island
- Wilderness Retreat Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Flinders Chase