We had a long weekend at the Wilderness retreat and it was just wonderful. The owners Helen and James were really friendly and helpful and the staff were so lovely too, especially Tammy. The room was huge and really comfortable, and we had our own little balcony to sit out on too which was wonderful at dusk when the wallabies and possoms came out to play.
The food in the restaurant was great too and they even went out of their way to customise dishes for us. They also have a great locally produced wine list.
I would recommend this retreat to anyone, you need a car to get around, but to be able to do KI at your own pace but not have to worry about self catering etc it was just perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated adjacent Flinders Chase National Park a unique mix of eco-friendly facilities, local food and wine and located in the middle of the forrest provide an unforgettable wilderness experience. The idyllic location provides the perfect base for discovering the splendor of Kangaroo Island's natural wonders before returning to the tranquillity of the retreat to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the company of friendly native animals and an amazing array of birdlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Hotel Flinders Chase
- Hotel Kangaroo Island
- Wilderness Retreat Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Flinders Chase