“Comfortable and well situated”

Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillarys
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable and well situated”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We needed a two-bedroom apartment while visiting relatives who live in Hillarys in Perth. We found this place on the internet based on its proximity to our family, not that we were looking for resort accommodation. As things turned out, it was an ideal place to stay. The accommodation is well appointed, clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful and attentive - when a light fitting exploded after hours, the duty manager personally vacuumed glass fragments from the carpet and settee! There is a pool and plenty of underground parking. Perhaps the most attractive feature is the nearby marina with its range of upmarket shops and restaurants. They are literally a five-minute walk away, past lots of interesting (and expensive!) boats. For those with kids, there's a safe swimming beach between the marina and the shore that is cleaned each day and patrolled. There are also picnic facilities and an amusement park right there to keep the teenagers occupied and close by. The surf beach is close by too on the other side of the resort, just beyond the Aquarium of WA, also worth a visit. The one drawback is that there is no supermarket or even a convenience store at the marina itself. Still, a ten-minute drive delivers you to one of three nearby shopping centres, including a massive Westfield pile at Karingyup, where each of the major supermarket chains is represented. We were delighted by the local IGA at Padbury which had all we needed, was open at convenient times and well stocked. Given that the resort backs onto a large car park for the marina, you'd be advised to choose the bedroom facing the marina rather than the other direction. The car park can get noisy, especially late on Saturday night as people return to their cars. All up, it's a very comfortable, convenient and pleasant place to spend the night after days exploring Perth and its surrounds. For those keen on Rottnest, there's a fast ferry that leaves from the marina at regular times.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't back onto the car park if you can. There are no lifts (elevators) so...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recently staying at Hillarys Harbour Resort.

We are very lucky to be in the Hillarys Marina, it is such a great family spot and as you mentioned there is so much to do but the Marina also has that fantastic relaxing atmosphere.

Our apartments are fully self contained and very spacious and are a home away from home for families whilst they are on holidays with there on laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen and with the two bedroom apartmens having two bathrooms it makes it even more comfortable.

Our property has ground, middle and top floor apartments and yes we do have stairs but with the majority of the property out looking towards Scarborough, it is worth the stairs to the top.

There is Westfield Whitford City approximately 9 minutes away from the Resort or coles in Hillarys approximately 5 minutes away for all essentials. We offer courtesy shuttles in our hotel shuttle vehicle to Westfield Whitford City Monday - Friday twice per day.

Again, I'd like to thank you for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort as your accommodation provider whilst in Perth. We as a team strive hard daily to produce the best possible standards and service.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed overnight in October 2013 whilst hosting our engagement party at the Breakwater. We booked 4 rooms for the night for family and friends and all were very happy with their stay.

If you think more Apartment / Motel than Resort / Hotel, you will get a good idea what these apartments offer.

The Good: The location is brilliant for access to the Marina. The view was great overlooking the yachts and sunset. Secure Car park. Clean rooms & accommodating staff. Walk to dinner and breakfast, a choice of bars, some shopping and it's within walking distance to some nice beaches. Pool looked nice.

The not so good: Rooms are very serviceable but far from fancy. The elderly or frail may want to request a ground floor apartment as the stairs proved tough.

If you have an event on at the Marina or want a break by the beach you could do far worse than this. Happy with the choice, and as far as motels / apartments go, this certainly gets a pass mark.

Room Tip: Level 3 for the views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi,

Firstly congratulations on your engagement and thank you for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort for your accommodation provider as you celebrated your engagement right next door in the Sorrento Quay at the beautiful Breakwater.

Our apartments are all fully self contained and are equipped with all the comforts of a home away from home.

We are extremely lucky to be located in the beautiful Hillarys Marina. There is certainly lots to do with AQWA, The Great Escape, all the shops cafes and restaurants to enjoy, the weekends are certainly fun filled.

The property does have stairs unfortunately no lifts, however we can take any special requests to make sure all our guests are comfortable and most importantly enjoy their stay.

If you are visiting the stunning Hillarys Marina for a function at either of the three main function venues, we do offer discounted rates subject to availability.

Thank you again for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort for your accommodation provider recently and trust we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as a family of 5 in a 3 bed room apartment.
The apartment was clean and quite spacious with laundry facilities and a full kitchen in the apartment.
There are plenty of shopping and eating options at the Hillarys Marina.
Overall a good stay, beautiful location, plenty to see and do.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the marina and pool areas.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hillarys Harbour Resort. All guest feedback is vital for us.

Our fully self contained apartments are very spacious, clean and comfortable and we refer to them as a "home away from home" with all the essentials required. We like to make sure all guests are comfortable as it is hard enough as it is relocating especially with family

We are very lucky to have the Sorrento Quay next door to us which boasts an enormous array of shops, cafes and restaurants to enjoy here in the Hillarys Marina, just 20 minutes north west of the city on the beautiful sunset coast. There are lots of family activities on our doorstep such as Rottnest Island, whale watching, AQWA, The Great Escape, lots of family fun to be had.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort as your accommodation provider.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed twice, First time was 1 night in room 116 which is the "honeymoon suite" as a getaway night after a planned event at the Breakwater, Massive bathroom (and room) quite, well appointed and nicely decorated, possibly the most luxurious room in the area (we are locals). We stayed 2 nights last week while our floors were being done. It was nice to walk outside and grab an fantastic breakfast at Toscaninis, Pizza lunch at Little Ceasars and a HUGE dinner at Bellafontes. Given the choice of dining and entertaining I think it is perfect for a short to medium term stay.

Room Tip: Top Floor, 306 is great for family's and has great views. Otherwise 116 is the luxury suite, ver...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was refreshing to read of your two stays with us and that you've experienced both our apartment style accommodation and Suite #116.

Suite #116 is ideal for that special celebration or VIP guest and has the special touches of the spacious and luxurious spa ensuite and king size bed.

The apartment accommodation is extremely comfortable and again is ideal for families that need to reside somewhere whilst having renovations done at their house. The apartments are fully self contained and have all the comforts of a home away from home.

We as a team strive daily to produce the best possible product and service and want all our guests to enjoy their stay and be comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Karratha
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Everythings at a Price point. I paid just over $200 bucks a night to stay there for Business(4 Nights). It wasnt noisy, it was clean and the staff were pleasant and professional (all ausies). Believe it or not that puts this place in pretty elite company in Perth. The room was turned over Daily and a request for some more soap was immediately responded to. Its got the usual smattering of Foxtel Channels and Tv's in both living and master bedroom. The proximity to the Hillarys restaurants and attractions pushes it up into a different League to most 20 Year something resort style accomodations. Im fussy, I dont appreciate pubic hairs, ciggie butts and Bathroom Mould.........................Hillarys resort passed with flying Colours. I would consider taking the family there in Summer but it would be busy busy busy I suspect, which may mean noisy noisy noisy.
Look if I paid $300 plus for the room I would have a very different opinion of this Apartment, but I didnt. At this pricepoint(just over $200) its beaut.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Hillarys Harbour Resort.

Whether staying for work, relocation or leisure our apartments are very clean, comfortable and spacious and are a home away from home. With free WIFI, complimentary Foxtel you won't be able to miss out on what's going on in the world. Undercover parking and servicing is also included.

The marina is a great family spot and in the summer is one of the most popular desitinations with the shops, cafes, restaurants, AQWA, Great Escape and beach there is loads for all the family to enjoy and come back and retire to relax in your apartment.

We are very family and corporate orientated and our main priority is to ensure all enjoy their stay with us here at the Resort.

Again, thank you for choosing Hillarys Harbour Resort for your recent accommodation provider and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Very basic rooms - 4 star?? Not sure how they got that rating. Sterile unloved environment. No attention to detail at all. Woken every morning around 6.30am by service trolleys banging across the cobbled paving - they should lash out & invest in some pneumatic tires! Tea and coffee? Black tea, instant coffee, white sugar - too bad if you're diabetic or drink decaf! This was suite 116 apparently all set for newlyweds or honeymooners - I don't think so!! Have stayed in much better for much less ($$)!

• Stayed August 2013
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hillarys Harbour Resort. I am upset that you didn't enjoy your stay with us recently. I wish I had been approached whilst you resided with us as I would of loved the opportunity to resolve the couple of items that you mentioned straightaway so that you could enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Suite #116, is our luxurious suite which boasts a king size bed, deluxe spa ensuite and tea and coffee facilities.

With regards to your comment regarding the service trolleys at 630am each morning, I will follow this up with our Operations Manager as our staff start at 730am. Thank you for letting me know.

I believe it is hotel standard of tea, instant coffee and sugar and fresh milk to be provided on arrival. I think that people with dietry requirements would tend to bring their own supplies as each case would be specific.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to experience "the real Hillarys Harbour Resort" as we as a team strive daily to produce the best possible standard and service.

Again thank you for your time to post your review as all guest feedback is vital to us.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I just read that this is supposed to be a four star resort. Not sure I would give it that rating, however, having said that it isn't as bad as I had feared.

We were here on business and, as most of our appointments were to be up in the northern parts of Perth, decided on staying here for convenience, traffic-wise. It was relatively cheap by Perth standards too ($215 per night I believe)

I arrived on a wndy, horrible evening. Just about got blown away. Rain teeming down which was extremely unpleasant trying to negotiate the flights of outdoor stairs to get up to the room - mind you, I was offered a ground floor room but I rejected that and asked for a top floor room. So my bad, serves me right

I am glad I didn't have a ground floor room though, I think it would have been extremely noisy with people walking past all the time and on same level as car park with headlights shining into the room. However, if those things don't bother you, then a ground floor room would be handy if you were staying in summer and wanted to use the pool. Plus there was a lovely gazebo area that would be very nice to gather in if you were there on holiday with family and friends.

The resort is surprisingly large. I was in an apartment overlooking the car park, which was disappointing because I could only glimpse the ocean through the trees. I later saw there were rooms and apartments over on the other side that must look over the harbour. I wish I could have been in one of those rooms.

As for the rooms themselves. I thought mine was quite nice. Large reasonably well equipped kitchen. Fridge was a bit old and doddery - the type that freezes all of the food in the fridge part, which was annoying. But there was plenty of space and room to move. Very comfortable two-seater lounges and the bed was ok - neither too soft nor too hard, pillows were horrible though. The bathroom was reasonable size, shower over the bathtub. Toiletries virtually non existent, just some small bars of soap and one shampoo.

I wasn't expecting the room to be serviced so I made my bed up on the first day etc etc and was surprised when I got home from work to find the place and been serviced - well, there was nothing for them to do other than empty the bins but it was something I hadn't expected so that was a bonus (I should have read the piece of paper I was given)

There is not much other accomodation up this way, which always suriprises me with Perth. It's a shame because it is a great area with the shops and restaurants in the boat harbour precinct right next door

I would be happy to stay here again, I didn't think it was that bad at all and the staff on reception were very nice. There is no restaurant and no room service (which annoyed my colleague but as I pointed out - there are cares and restaurants a stones throw away) and no lift, so if you can't negotiate stairs then you would need a ground floor room. I would defnitely try for one of the rooms on the other side if the compound if I were to stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Robbie B, General Manager at Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. All guest feedback is vital and imperative for the growth and development of a hotel.

We as a team strive daily to achieve the best possible standard and service at the property in which we are so lucky to be located.

The apartments are very spacious and well equipped and are a "Home away from Home" including the luxury of free WIFI and 10 channels of Foxtel to having the fully self contained apartment with a fully equipped kitchen to prepare your own meals. it is important to be comfortable whilst travelling whether it be for work, relocating or leisure.

The Sorrento Quay situated next door to us boasts over 20 different restaurants to be able to sit and relax and enjoy a meal after a busy day if you don't feel like preparing your own.

We are in a perfect location, not only are we in the beautiful Hillarys Marina, we are located just 20 minutes north west of the CBD and it is perfect for any businesses north of the city or to relax and holiday.

Please note we are part of a nationally operated star rating system AAA and we recently have retained our 4.5 star rating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort and again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillarys
Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
The Richardson Hotel & Spa
Joondalup City Hotel
Joondalup City Hotel
#4 of 4 in Joondalup

Been to Hillarys Harbour Resort Apartments? Share your experiences!