“Family snack”

Cuisines: Mexican
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Family snack”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Easy way to let the kids select what they want to eat. Especially when they have varying tastes and likes.

Visited February 2014

“Really great experience”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had the nachos and loved them. I can't wait to go back and try another dish. It's great to have a Mexican place use pulled variety meats rather than mince. Loved it

Visited January 2014
“yum yum yum”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

ate nachos leisurley on the deck metal table and chairs opposite mad mex. Sat and watched the water, the people going by whilst trying to avoid the soy seagulls in amusement, watching their interactions with other patrons trying to eat in peace, Very funny

Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fast food Mexican, but where was the hot?”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

A friend chose Mad Mex for where we'd eat the other night whilst catching up. He ordered a quesadilla whilst I got the chicken nachos with guacamole and sour cream, jalapeños and the hottest sauce.

In general I would say the nachos at $17 were a little over priced, but tasted okay, but not fantastic. In ordering the hottest sauce and jalapeños I was expecting a bit of kick from my meal, though I am used to fire hot I must say, I did wonder if they'd served me the equivalent of pickles and lemon pepper at Nandos, it was so mild and thus disappointing.

My friend seemed happy with his quesadilla which came with a dipping sauce. I wished in sitting down I had bought that instead, clearly as he'd eaten there many times before he knew his favourites and went for it.

I probably won't be returning, not great value for money when compared to other options at Hillary's.

• Visited August 2013
Perth
“Like a little spice”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

A definite must if you like a little spicy food. Have had Mexican food before but this is much much better and quite cheap. The meal sizes are great and judging by the queue of people in the shop, others also must enjoy their food. I had a burrito with steak and the hottest salsa sauce, yummy.
Not really a restaurant, more like a take away with tables for you to sit at.

• Visited February 2013