“Excellent place - value for money”

Banff Boundary Lodge
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed here in our trip to Banff National Park in September. The receptionist was very helpful and courteous. They upgraded us to Deluxe room without asking. Very spacious place. We had a kitchen, living room on the ground floor and 2 bedrooms on the top floor. It was like a home away from home.

Kitchen was very clean. Beds were nice. There is a hot spa.

I will stay there again if I am in that area. There is a safeway closeby for all your groccery needs

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank typicaldesi

Reviewed 11 September 2009

I have stayed at the Banff Boundary Lodge now a few times and will be going back next month Oct 2009. The Lodge is located across the highway in the Hamlet of Harvie Heights.A short 5 minute drive into Canmore. And your well on your way to Banff as being just off the main highway. I have stayed in the variety of condo's the lodge offers and all the times I have stayed they have been clean, comfortable, quiet, warm or cool depending on the time of year and enjoyable. I also like that fact that I can bring my dog with me at minimal fee per night and most of that is donated to the Bow Valley SPCA. A GREAT IDEA!!! Just be respectful and call to let them know you are bringing your dog so you are guaranteed a pet friendly condo. The pet friendly condo besides the non-pet friendly condo's that I have stayed in are clean. I have yet to find a dirty condo with them. The staff are friendly, kind, helpful and pleasant. I also appreciated how fast they responded to my emails unlike many other places I have contacted. Overall a great place to stay if you have pets and/or kids and why pay more for a small hotel room when for a lower price you get a nice size condo.

3  Thank beaglersonthego
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Stayed in a deluxe suite end of July for 4 nights. We thought the unit was spotless and very well equipped. The staff were all very friendly and helpfull.
Location is great within striking distance of banff and close to canmore.
Road traffic can be heard slightly but didnt bother any of us.
Would definately stay there again could not fault the place for the cost

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paulo260
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I guess I must be more fussy than most but I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of the suite. To me, that's a basic requirement. I don't want to see crud in the corners or be able to see that they haven't vacuumed all the way to the baseboards. The $50 charge for housekeeping is ridiculous and obviously, not many are willing to pay it. We didn't see any housekeeping staff on the property any of the time we were there.

As far as noise goes, even being at the back of the complex, with it being hot and no a/c and having to have the windows open all night, the continuous highway and train noise was excessive. I pity those facing the highway and train track (despite the fabulous view they'd have!).

I was surprised by all the rules and found it disconcerting to have to initial an agreement on check-in to give them the right to charge me up to $500 for any noise infractions or for leaving the room in less than satisfactory condition (what's their criteria?).

I agree that the price is very good (provided you're staying 3 or more nights), but I think potential guests should be aware of the disadvantages and decide if it's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank mountaingirl71
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Furniture smelled like body odor and overall condition of unit was dirty. Beds were not ocmfortable. Would NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie276
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I stayed in a deluxe suite (2 bedrooms upstairs, kitchen & living room downstairs) with my parents. It was GREAT! Of course I got a deal on it but even if you pay the regular price it's still worth it. When you look out of your window, you are staring right into the mountains (even the washroom window :) ). The staff was friendly and there was a LCD tv in our room! Kitchen was spacious and had all the things you need to cook a full meal.

I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ashan_the_nuka
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I chose this hotel based on other trip advisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. It was cheaper than any of the B and Bs in Banff and certainly gave us a lot more room and privacy. I had booked a one bedroom but were upgraded to a two when I arrived. There was a full kitchen, half bathroom and living area downstairs and 2 bedrooms and a full bathroom upstairs. We didn't choose to pay the extra fee for housekeeping and even though we were there for 8 days it wasn't a problem. The girls at the desk were very helpful and exchanged our towels whenever we needed to and also provided extra kitchen and BBQ utensils when needed. We really appreciated the hot tub after long days of hiking and also free use of the computer for e-mail.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Inn of the Rockies
Inn of the Rockies
#18 of 28 in Canmore
Brewster's Mountain Lodge

Been to Banff Boundary Lodge? Share your experiences!