Gateway Inn
Inn of the Rockies(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$155
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Pocaterra Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$89
Great 4.5/5
Silver Creek Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$90
Very Good 4/5
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
US$94
US$88
Hotels.com
Average 3/5
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$68
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
US$70
US$68
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$81
Georgetown Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$70
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsquick accessno air conditioningstay there againbanffdogscablekettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was compelled to write a review just to let other travellers know to keep away from this place. We pulled into the Gateway Inn on a late Friday evening after a long 10 hours on the road. It was pouring rain and the sign said open but the door was locked. My husband rang the bell twice before a man (caretaker) stuck his head out of a second floor window and asked my husband questions for 10 minutes before finally coming downstairs to let him in the door. The rooms were old and not very clean. Furniture/fixtures are from 1970. There was a burnhole in the beadspread and the TV was fuzzy. The next morning we discovered there was no extra toilet paper and no phone to buzz the caretaker to ask for some. I got dressed to walk to the main office to get some and the door was locked. A woman unlocked it and when I explained the problem she acted like she didn't believe me. Soon after, I went to take a shower and the cold tap did not work and twisted off in my hand!! At this point, I was very UNhappy about the situation and went back to the main office to complain and get our money back. The woman took her time to unlock the door for me and told me not to take my frustrations out on her. She didn't know where the caretaker was so had to go find him. I went with her and when we found him he acted like he didn't believe me. We did get a refund but it took a lot of hassle@!!! BEWARE!!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Norma064
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We stayed here because they had a cheap ski and stay package for couples at $75 a person. The hotel could use a little upgrading and there wasn't much to do cause the hotel was a few mins aways from everything, but it was clean and average and close to Mount Norquay where we went snowboarding. We would stay again because the package is cheap and its only for a night. The Lady at the front desk seemed nice too :-)

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saucysagitarius
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We never actually stayed at the Gateway Inn, we had booked it by e-mail for just one night but when we arrived there was no-one there! We had given our arrival time and were very tired having just arrived a couple of hours earlier from UK. We knocked and rang the bell even telephone but nobody answered, I had confirmed my time of arrival as well! We hung around for half an hour and then left. By this time we had decided that the place was dirty , dark and creepy, co we went a few yards down the road and stayed at the Banff Boundary Motel and it was wonderful! The people at Gateway are dishonest they take peoples money but plan not to be there when guests arrive!! I am just waiting for my bank statement to arrive and if they have taken out money without my permission I am going to sue them - so keep away!!!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank twovisitors
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Dyane is a very welcoming hostess and made us feel at home. We were disappointed that the carpets were so dirty, which is why we gave the rooms and cleanliness a low rating. However, Dyane assured us that the carpets would be cleaned before we bring family from Australia to stay for a week from 4th July 2009.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyCalgary
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I have stayed at the Gateway Inn with a large team of field assistants during my visits to Exshaw and Canmore to work on a land reclamation research project. The cabins at the Gateway Inn, especially "The palace", has been a home for us after the long days of work.

The affordable rates, the cabin with kitchen, the location close to Canmore and Exshaw, all has been ideal for us. The managers, first Valentina and now Dyane, have been great, kind and helpful, making sure that our stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Staying at the Gateway Inn may provide the naturalist with some additional joy as deer or elk will graze in the mornings and evenings within the hotel property. For travelers that enjoy an old style environment, affordable fees and a warm welcome from the manager, this is sure the place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business