“Comwell Borupgaard really gives me the holiday feeling!”
Review of Comwell Borupgaard

Comwell Borupgaard
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snekkersten
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Comwell Borupgaard really gives me the holiday feeling!”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

For the third year in a row I'm back at Comwell Borupgaard. I have traveled with family and friends, and I've been here for a romantic weekend for two. Absolutely love the place. You wake up to birds chirping in the morning, breakfast is excellent, creative and an experience for the senses (the hotel's chef has won several awards).

The rooms are spacious, airy and clean. The beds are large, soft and quite new. And not to mention the SPA department .. The hotel has its own Aqua-SPA where you 195dkk have access to the sauna, salt sauna (has done wonders for balancing my problems), steam sauna, body ice, tropical rain, whirlpool, heated seats, Kneip-foot baths and much more. I have also tried several of our treatments and therapists are really talented.

The only drawback I can give the hotel this summer is that building work outside (they expand SPA-house) destroys some of the aesthetics of the site. Breakfast is also moved up in the hotel's conference this season, which is a big disappointment, since I had been looking forward to enjoy breakfast on the terrace as in previous years.

Anyway - my highest recommendations!

Room Tip: Since part of the SPA department is located in the hotel's lower floor, I would recommend to boo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oslo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We booked this without knowing much about it, we wanted to stay a place outside Copenhagen to enjoy the very warm weather by the coast on our roadtrip from Norway.
The beach in Snekkersten is very nice.Hotel rooms were nice, good size and clean. Nothing "special", also quite warm with no air condition.
Sorroundings were great and relaxing. We also enjoyed a great 3 course dinner with excellent service. Good organic food all the way, also for breakfast. Would have liked to stay and try the SPA and more facilities, but we moved on. Not the best hotel for kids, its a "quiet" place. Definately recommend it for relaxing or a quiet stopover. Not much to do around the hotel in the evening without car or train.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the "woods", that must be more quiet and not so warm as ours on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

Loved the grounds and the amazing food !!!
Dinner was truly superb. There food was so tasty and original.
Rooms were clean and neat. Bathroom very clean and big.

• Stayed August 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

We rode our bikes here and they were great about it. The room was lovely, but rather than being seated in the main dining room for dinner we were up in what appeared to be a conference room. We were there at 6pm as we had our young daughter with us and they weren't ready and seemed a bit disorganised. The food was very nice, but the service was average as they were too busy, not great with a tired child. Probably not the best place for 3 year olds but we were limited due to the season.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed for third time, 4 days, with a group. The place is nice, and close to water. But the rooms are simple if not slightly depressing. This time we were a big group that all got food poisoning -- at least 4 people. Some of us were sick a whole day and night from this food. We reported it to the management, and filled out a form. But we did not hear anything back, not any compensation or an apology.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KasperJ
København, Danmark
Reviewed 26 June 2012

allthough it is quite an expensive place and has a wonderfull location, it is not good enough.
there were problems with electrical devices, bath and soap dispenser in the room. the restaurant servers great breakfast and lunch, but dinner was bad (strange soup, ordinary meat, and a dessert cheesecake that was very bad) we had an expense account so we could take whatever wine, beer etc at bar, but at restaurant they limited wine a lot.
potential is great, but be a bit more sharp!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at the Comwell Borupgaard for a conference and I had a great time, I would return again.
The actual hotel rooms were decent enough. The bed was comfortable, but not great, pillows could have been bigger. The work area was not too comfortable and internet was a bit flaky. While not a great room, it was certainly comfortable and clean.

What made the visit wonderful was the rest of the facility. I delighted in the breakfast buffet. Huge selection, delightful breads, and great stuff to put on them. Warm and cold offerings. Fruits and fruit shakes. Great selection of fines teas. Breakfast was a treat.

The water spa was great fun with a variety of things to do. Some of the best Sauna's I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy (I really like the salt sauna). I relaxed there every day and having *that* at the hotel was a real treat. I also took a massage service once, and if that was not the best massage of my life, it was certainly the best I had this decade, I did not want it to end. As a spa, I can not give it more points.

It was also great to have a conference meeting at this facility, as it enjoyed some "extras" due to its spa features. Instead of regular water at our conference desks, we had waters infused with different things (that made it healthier and tastier). Fruits were always available at all hours. Coffee and tea breaks enjoyed the same delight as breakfast, a large variety of very tasty things and selection of high end teas one does not usually enjoy at a conference. The only flaw was the treats they spread out during breaks were irresistible and bad for my diet.

All in all, they can improve the rooms a bit, but all else is divine.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snekkersten
Beach Hotel Marienlyst
#1 of 2 in Gilleleje
Comwell Holte
Comwell Holte
#1 of 1 in Holte

Been to Comwell Borupgaard? Share your experiences!