“One of the better conference hotels”
Review of Comwell Borupgaard

Comwell Borupgaard
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snekkersten
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was our third conference here and the impression is still that it is a very good conference hotel. Lunch is better than dinner. If you like tea for breakfast or during the day there are many different sorts, also green and white tea. Some of the group rooms seems to be renovated ordinary rooms. Moreover we again had problems with the indoor climate in the sleeping room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 August 2013

A very good experience.

HOTEL: friendly personal and the room were fine and clean. The hotel is located in a cozy park and has a great atmosphere as well - the bar area at the reception (football table and a pool-table is also a good place to relax and have a drink)

RESTAURANT: Food and wine was great and the chairs had a high back which made the effect that you did not noticed the other tables as much as you would usually do - a good idea.
The breakfast was amazing, which a wide selection and fresh, delicious choices

SPA: Cozy atmosphere and was not allowed children under 16 years old which is great for a relaxing place. There was a good variety of things you good do and the outdoor Jacuzzi on the 1st floor is especially worth to recommend.
Only thing missing was a pool which allows you to swim (the one in the spa was too short for this), and then there was a foot cleaning station where you had to buy the products to use this, but both things a minor - all in all a great relaxing place

All in all we had a great, romantic and cozy stay and will definitely recommend Comwell Borupgaard

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EA-DK
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My partner and I visited here with friends back in 2012. We spent a few very relaxing hours in the indoor and outdoor spa - of all the spa's I've visited in the world I think this is probably the best. The hotel rooms were a little basic / sparse, but the breakfast was great with a lots of healthy choices. A great choice of you fancy extending your Copenhagen visit to include a bit of R&R. After we stayed here we caught the ferry from Helsingor to Sweden and got the train to Malmo and then back on to Copenhagen. A great trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

really great hotel situated right next to helsinor, close to louisiana and copenhagen. you go easy by train. ordinary rooms a bit simple. a spa section that is a bit out dated and simple. clean. the restaurant is great, i eaten a lamb to die for. breakfast is a feast! surrounding with a great park and a small lovely harbour

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I liked it here and would like to stay again. We had dinner and the food was very good, used the spa which was good, and I liked the garden area, where they have some lovely trees (odd thing to say I know but you will know what I mean if you visit.)
Very close to the train station (which is easy to use if you fly in to Copenhagen and train out). All very 'Danish' in style - especially if you just arrive in Denmark you will notice this. They do straight lines and spaces and 'modern' so well and this hotel is full of them. In England we can't seem to do modern - I compare this hotel with a new conference hotel, say one in Telford or one somewhere in the Midlands, and they are functional but dire. This hotel shows that modern can be lovely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WithScruples
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I'd led a course here in 2011 & decided to return on holiday.

Big mistake.

The price was exorbitant for room & service received - for 2 people 2 nights we paid over $300 USD per room per night.

We called to let them know our flight was delayed and we'd be late & when we arrived after midnight & they'd made an error and couldn't find our booking, the front desk staff acted as if we were just out of luck & should leave. The room we had was in disrepair and not very clean (see photo). The service was curt at best.

Only good news: the outdoor sauna is beautiful & the massage extremely good. I hope they'll treat the new local massage therapist better than they treated us -- maybe she'll stay.

I'd only recommend this hotel if your company's paying.

It's location is fantastic, but the service for non-group hotel guests leaves a lot to be desired and the rooms ae mostly not up to the standard of the price you pay.

When I led the course in 2011 I had a lovely larger room & the best room service meal (steak) I've ever eaten. Unfortunately, no food was available most of the time we were there this year. There is no food available on the premises after 9:30 pm. They really need to up their level of service if they continue taking reservations from independent hotel guests.

Room Tip: Expect functional, institutional rooms... not nice hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank movingtoLugano
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed here for a 2day/1night conference our department had at this hotel in May 2013. I was very pleased overall with the hotel/conference facilities at hotel. The scenery is fantastic, the food and drinks are great, and as a whole, the hotel is run professionally. I really liked the wellness concept at the hotel.

The pool/spa facilities looked great but I never had a chance to try them out.

The rooms in the hotel are basic. My room smelled like someone with bad body odor had been in the room before me. I tried opening the windows but it didn't seem to really help. The smell wasn't oppressive, but I couldn't get rid of it, either.

I thought there was room for improvement in the breakfast available to those in the conference rooms--there was very little to choose from. On the other hand, the coffee and cake for the afternoons was really good and better than I would have expected.

I think this hotel would be great for a weekend getaway as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snekkersten
Kurhotel Skodsborg
#2 of 2 in Snekkersten
Hotel Sleep2Night
Hotel Sleep2Night
#3 of 4 in Helsingoer

Been to Comwell Borupgaard? Share your experiences!