“AMAZING FAMILY BREAK”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butterleigh
Feather Down Farm at Billingsmoor Farm
Ranked #2 of 2 Butterleigh B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“AMAZING FAMILY BREAK”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We have just returned from a weekend at this wonderful wonderful farm and couldn't wait to share our fantastic experience. Everything about the farm, the tents and the facilities are faultless, we couldn't have asked for a better break away. The tents are every bit as cosy and comfortable as they look on the website, especially the beds, as my son said, "I slept better in that bed than in my bed at home,I'd like to take it with me when we go". The views from the tent are beautiful and offer such peace and quiet. Whilst being comfy and well equipped (the toilet and sink make the whole experience more relaxing than camping) the tents still offer all the best bits of camping; cooking over an open fire, listening to the night rain pattering on the canvas; being close to nature, but with less hassle. The showers are hot and spacious and the toilets clean. The farm is tidy and a safe and fascinating place for the kids as they can feed Jayne's pet pigs and chickens and collect the eggs (my children's favourite bit) as well as watch cows being milked and visiting the calves. Also we can't emphasise enough just how welcoming and friendly Jayne was during our stay from beginning to end. She was kind and patient with our 3 children who really loved her and spent most of the weekend asking when they could knock on Jayne's door so they could go and collect eggs with her. She made us feel that nothing was too much hassle, especially when we had booked to send our 2 children on the Wild Wanderers day and our son was ill so we were going to cancel but she was able to rearrange it so that we could just go for a few hours rather than the whole day so that we wouldn't miss out on the experience.AND we have to say that we went as a family on the WILD WANDERERS outing and it was the most brilliant experience well worth doing, a real high point of our stay. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CHANCE TO RETURN TO BILLINGSMOOR FARM

Room Tip: some of the tent have hot tubs but all tents are identical and in equally good locations around the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen C

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

well what can i say, just spent a week at billingsmoor and i want to go back now,we had the tent with the hot tub which my girls loved, the view from our tent was out of this world, the host jayne and robert were such nice people, very easy going, always on hand, the tour of the farm was great, kids could run free but were safe, evening were great with the fire lit, it was not cold at all, i can't say anymore cause i would end up writing a book about this wonderful,welcoming,relaxing, family time hoilday, thankyou jayne and robert.... claire greetham

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank claire g
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Jayne and team were friendly and welcoming from the moment we arrived. Our tent had huge, safe field for kids (1,4 and 6) to run and make new friends as a front garden! Views beautiful from 'tent'. Just a wonderful break from the norm and prob the most relaxing holiday for some time.

Enjoy the farm tour and communal pizza cooking in the outdoor oven. Venture into the woods and play in the stream. Pick up a great cooked breakfast from the farmhouse.

great area to explore too, if you can be bothered to leave the farm!!!

Room Tip: tent 4 - huge running space for kids, with views for mums and dads with G and Ts!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Jayne and her team are so welcoming. This was the best holiday we've had in ages. The tents are clean, spacious and just as shown in the brochure/website. Kids had a whale of a time with the freedom to explore the farm and the woods. All cutlery, pots, etc provided. Hot showers too. This is not camping, this really is glamping!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank 4FamilyMan4
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We arrived late at Billingsmoor Farm and were greeted by the owners son, Edward, who kindly showed us to our tent and gave us a quick overview of the facilities. Despite being on a working farm, there was no time we were ever made to feel as if we were intruding or if we were unwanted visitors. Jayne and her family are kind, welcoming people who have embraced Featherdown as a part of their life. Their farm is lovely, clean and a wonderful opportunity for us city dwellers to see a family farm at work. The honesty shop is well supplied with high quality items and made me realise we didn't need to bring as much as we did. I highly recommend the bbq box which has outstanding meat products (I am very picky in this area so was thrilled with the quality). We also got the seasonal vegetables which was also of high quality and a large amount (we took some home!). Most of my reviews mention my priorities of a comfortable bed, and a quiet place to sleep. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and the only noise were the cows coming down the field in the morning and a neighboring tent's dog. The sound of the cows was low and soft and once I realised what the sound was, it never woke me again. We did use an extra blanket but I would do that in most places as I do get cold and the temperature was dropping down to 12 or 14 (I believe). My husband was fine without the extra blanket, though. The weather oscillated between rain and sunshine. The facilities were so lovely that rain was cozy. It could have rained all day and we would have been fine. The kids (ages 10 and 8) spent time in the woods across the field and didn't once take out their DSI's but instead chose to find sticks for marshmallow roasting with the kids from the other tent. At no time did I worry about their safety. My husband and I had a wonderful time speaking with the farm owner, Jayne, who was an absolute joy-- a truly lovely and interesting person. This is a place I would easily return to and recommend it highly. Camping can be an effort and this holiday was no effort at all. It provides all the benefits of camping and getting away without the potential miseries. It was also a wonderful way for children to see a working farm. I'm always telling the kids that we eat organic meat and buy organic milk because of the health and welfare of the animals. And this farm confirms that view. There were things to do around the area but we were fine just relaxing, taking walks and enjoying the views. Oh- and the showers were clean with warm water too! We will come back to Billingsmoor Farm.

Room Tip: Two tents had hot tubs associated with them. If that's what you want, then do ask.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Been to Feather Down Farm at Billingsmoor Farm? Share your experiences!