The location was perfect,just 40 minutes from Kuala Lumpur,in the heart of a Malay Kampung.The area was neat and tidy with a long house for activities.Our handsome host,Mawi was friendly and helpful.He helped us with the preparation for the BBQ.Our family enjoyed the stay and will definitely come back for our next holiday..will see again soon..
the location was perfect, just 40 minutes from kl, in the heart of a malay kampung . the area was neat and tidy with a long house for actvities.our host Mawi was friendly and helpful. he helped us with the preparation for the BBQ. our fmly enjoyed the stay and will come bck again soon.
I have been to the Kota Tinggi Glamping site which was managed by the same owner. But i honestly did not expect the condition of the Janda Baik camping site to be this bad. 14 of us attended the company annual trip and this time is to Janda Baik camping site for 3D2N.
I have already pre-empt my boss and colleague that this is going to be a camping trip and they were prepared for it. BUT thing just do not go the way it should be. It was raining since the day we arrived and it just add on to the string of unfortunate event for our team.
1) Walking to the tent is a challenge with water and mud sticking to our slippers and dirtying our feet. (my colleague had to put a bucket of water outside his tent so that he could wash his feet before entering the tent)
2) 4 majong tiles missing thus we cannot play majong
3) Carrom board warped and pieces missing.
4) Mattresses in one of the tent were wet.
5) Not enough blanket for campers (blanket provided should be longer and thicker in view of the weather at Janda Baik being cooler and moist)
6) Three small monitor lizard found in one of the tent which disturb my colleague so much that they had to ask the owner to get the lizard out of their tent.
7) Breakfast - scrabble egg were too salty, no jam/margarine to go with bread.
8) There is water heater in the showering area but it is not heating up the water.
After a night staying at Kanopi Villa, my boss made a decision to check everyone out of the campsite and we stay somewhere else on the 2nd night.
What an exciting trip !!! I can only say that act of god plays a part in spoiling our trip but the property owner ought to do more in the maintenance of this camp site.
1. The tent looks scary and under maintenance and require to be wash down the canvas in and outside.not a very good impression for first timer.
2. Should place simple road sign to the place. Although can use waze direction.
3.The entrance of the place not very welcoming with any signboard.
4. The rate is quite pricey and should charge per tent than per head.
5. Matress is too fluffy and decent matress is require .
6. Dog presence might unease some visitor but good to have for safe guarding.
1.Great for outdoor activities cycling , hiking and river swimming ( kids)
2.Great indoor activities area ( goat shed ) and a lot of section for kids and adult to spend during day ( because hot and sunny day not suitable to stay in the tent)
3. Complete facilities provided with nice bench , almost all cooking facilities and even good size of fridge .
4. Good for family day and bbq activities.
5. There is hot water !
Overall : Good experience if you like rare and comfortable camping outdoor activities.
Booked thro booking.com.Today Aug 14th2017 went there.With nonbarking dogs roaming few tents and common bathrooms are available.Tents are very dirty.No security.The activity centre is horrible.No stream or garden.No hospitality.No other occupants.We were scared to stay and returned.No refund also.