“A hidden gem”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Urangan
Sydney, Australia
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed two nights on a fantastic living social deal in one of the Lakeside rooms. The hotel is actually in Urangan, close to boat harbour and the Vic Hislop shark show. The room was spacious and comfortable, I would rate as 4 star quality. The service in the hotel was friendly and helpful. The bistro has fantastic meals at very reasonable prices. Cooked breakfasts are prepared individually and were of good quality. The hotel also has gaming and TAB facilities. The pool area and Lakeside are quite scenic and would suit family groups.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The Kondari Resort is a wonderful place to stay. Pricing of the rooms is within budget for anyone and the rooms are so roomy and big. The staff were so helpful and got the best hot chocolate ever. Dining there the food was great with so much to choose from and the prices were so reasonable. All you can eat breakfast too. The resort is also in a good spot where you are pretty close to everything from the shops to the Esplanade. Planning on going down there again next year. Thank you everyone for a wonderful weekend

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms - Garden rooms which look over the gardens, lakeview rooms which look o...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sandman26
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

budget room costing 80 a night. pretty standard room but close to everything. good beds, a choice on whether you want your room cleaned, quiet area. service here is impeccable. will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank beachqlda
Carrara, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife and I have just spent eight days staying at the Kondari Resort, and we cannot speak highly enough of it. We stayed in one of their mid-priced rooms (great value too!). Each day outside the door the naughty ducks and water fowls would visit us, and get most irate if we didn't have some bread for them. But oh, what a wonderful back-to-nature experience it was. We spent hours just staring into the giant lake on which the resort sits, watching the turtles, eels and ducks go by. My wife and I are food lovers (as can be seen by my waistline) and we were certainly not disappointed. The restaurant serves the most magnificent meals - very large portions too. Frankly, the quality of the food was more befitting a top-class city hotel than a resort in sleepy old Hervey Bay. But even better than the ducks, the delicious food and the very comfortable and roomy accommodation was the staff. I travel a lot in my business, and have NEVER met a friendlier, more caring bunch of folk in my life. They always had a smile, and possessed a genuine concern for our welfare. So much so it was more like going home than going to a resort. Will we stay there again? You bet we will. We've already booked for next year. Can't wait to see the naughty ducks again ... and I definitely won't forget the bread!

Room Tip: In response to some very ecologically aware guests who prefer to minimise the amount of CFC's th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johngold
brisbane
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I took advantage of off peak season and took my too young kids to Kondari Resort. We satyed in a Budget Family room, and thats exactly what it was, nothing like its advertised. There were stains on the carpets and mould on the walls. No free to air channels on the small old style tv. I was charged upon check in and the charged upon check out again. 3 days i waited for a refund. If your looking for budget accommodation i would recommend the hotel if your looking for a resort style room, i'd look somewhere else.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank forthem
Aussie in England
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I pulled up to the reception, door was open, a jacket on the chair, but nobody at the desk. I rang the bell...waited about 10 minutes, continuously ringing the bell. Then I picked up the phone outside reception, to hear the phone IN reception ring. After letting it ring for a long time, I hang up and about to go in search for someone when a girl finally appears and checks us in. I go to the room, to find they haven't given us the right room that I booked. We went back to reception, to find someone else trying to check in, and again no one at reception. I show her to just pick up the phone outside, the only way you can get their attention. The manager came out this time, booked the lady in, then dealt with me, practically saying it was my fault they put me in the wrong room, and I'm going, um...no...you see I booked online, I have a family room ordered with bunk beds, it's in writing. They had upgraded me apparently, but the room was worse than the cheaper one, having one less bed! Big difference was no TV in the room we paid for, just in house movies. I didn't really care, although when we did go to watch a movie, it wasn't on! The room itself is very dated, but clean. My son didn't want to use the shower as he thought was 'grubby' I told him it's just old. I must admit, the shower was powerful and the best shower I had so far in this country. (So old, the heads haven't been changed to energy saving lol). We did sleep incredibly soundly as very quiet so that was a bonus. For $70 for a family room (cheapest on my travels) can't really complain about the room. But they really need to buck up on getting more staff!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sammytoucan
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I attended this hotel for a wedding. First of all, I waited 10 minutes at reception constantly ringing the bell for service. Nobody came so I called the number, the manager answered and I told him I was attempting to check in. He very rudely said to me there was a phone at reception I could ring. That was where I had called, as the phone rang right in front of me. We were then given a crappy room, no apology for the wait at all. When we got to room, the hygiene seal was on the toilet however there was an unflushed toilet, paper still in the bottom. The "heater" didn't work, only blowing cold air. I would suggest finding somewhere else to stay! 4 star pfffft!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jasongambier
Kondari-Hotel2011, Front Office Manager at Kondari Resort Hervey Bay, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Hi,
Sorry about the delay in replying to your comment. I do remember your stay and I believe all these issues were addressed/resolved and you were given an upgrade to a Garden Room.

I do apologize if your stay wasn't a happy one. we do hope that you will return to our resort so we can rectify these problems

Ayla Cables
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urangan
Mantra Hervey Bay
Ramada Hervey Bay
Ramada Hervey Bay
#6 of 23 in Hervey Bay
Oceans Resort & Spa Hervey Bay

Been to Kondari Resort Hervey Bay? Share your experiences!