Five 3 Five - The Beachside Barracks
US$128
US$124
Hotels.com
US$135
Shelly Beach Motel(Urangan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$113
US$107
Orbitz.com
Kondari Resort Hervey Bay(Urangan)(Great Value!)
US$59
Boat Harbour Resort(Urangan)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$83
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
US$121
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
US$136
Hervey Bay Motel(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$68
Kelly's BNB(Urangan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the roadhervey baygirls weekendclose distanceunique staygreat furnituretop floorthoroughly enjoyed our staylittle thingsyoung familywell equipped kitchengreat accommodationgreat spotapartment was cleanlady elliot islandlounge roomlisa
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I found this location on Trip Advisor for myself and 5 others. From the moment I reached out to Jayesh & Lisa the owners, our experience was second to none. The location is literally across the street from the beach which we woke up each morning and walked to find incredible shells. Stocked with bikes, Kayaks and more, this unique, beautiful decorated oasis is exactly what we needed. Cafes in walking distance. Parrots in the trees. And hospitality like no other. Jayesh even debuted his 1927 Chevrolet People Mover to take us to the airport. We didn't want to leave to go back to Brisbane! I marked excellent on fitness center because of the amenities and there are 2 city constructed pieces of gym equipment right across street. You can run/bike and then stop to work out your arms. It's the coolest thing! Never seen anything like it! Salt cafe had incredible breakfast. Go out front door and walk towards the long pier (to your right) and you will find it past the 18ft frozen shark place.

Room Tip: second floor has a balcony that apartments 4, 5 and 6 share. It was perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here as a stopover before going to Lady Elliot island. Jayesh, the owner, was very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. Our upper floor appartment had all we needed and more and was decorated with many old pieces of furniture mostly from the Asian region and all very old. There was free wifi if you feel the need as well as a huge flat screen TV and dvd player. It is right on the sea front not far from the shops and restaurants but fra enough to be quiet and just a walk across the road to get to the loevly long Beach which is supposed to be safe for swimming as it is free of sharks and jellyfish. Thanks Jayesh, we hope to come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

An exceptional experience -- especially considering the price. Our unit in the house was lovely -- spacious, airy, super-clean and tasteful rooms. A beautiful modern kitchen inlaid with imported specialty wooden furniture pieces. Lovely spacious balcony from which to watch the world pass by on the esplanade.

And then there was the host. Jayesh is such a kind, warm and friendly individual and an excellent host. He thought nothing of taking time out of his day to show us around, introduce us to his amazing array of pets at home and give us great advice.

As an Australian who's travelled extensively here, I really can't recommend this place enough. It's an exceptional experience at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had a great stay for a couple of days. Very good location for family stays as each unit has separate bedrooms. Calm beach just across the road. Bike riding path all the way along the beach for miles and the accommodation provide pushbikes at no extra cost. You can walk up the road to some nice restaurants but there is a great kitchen in the unit and also a BBQ and Pizza oven available within the garden area. Smart big screen TV just in case it rains and free Broadband Wi-Fi. I'm now trying to work out how I can plan a weeks stay for my next holiday.
If you don't like steps then make sure you book a ground floor unit, also unit 3 is the best as it is on the side of the building away from the driveway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Beachside_Barracks, Owner at Five 3 Five - The Beachside Barracks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Bris V,

Thank you for the great review. We are always happy to hear that guests have enjoyed their stay and would like to return. Apartments #1, #2 and #3 have the shady garden in front on the ground floor. Apartments #4, #5 and #6 share the large top deck with partial sea views.

Apartment #1 is the furthest from the driveway. I'm not sure if you are able to edit your room tip so that other guests do not book Apartment #3 in error... If so, that would be greatly appreciated.

Because it gets a soft morning filtered light, Apartment #1 is a little bit more shady and cool than the other 2 apartments on the ground floor. Apartment #2 is in the middle so the main living area does not get too much direct sunlight inside either. Apartment #3 is closest to the driveway. Some guests prefer #3 as it is on the sunny side of the building and very bight. It is only when you walk along the outside corridor that you may see other guests zipping by on a bicycle or heading off with a kayak. There is a pedestrian gate at the front of the property so general foot traffic does not use the driveway to access the street. The climbing vines in the planter box are getting established nicely and act as a privacy screen while still letting the light through to the apartment.

We usually recommend Apartment #1 and Apartment #4 for couples as they are the most private with a big lilly pilly hedge bordering the outside corridor and no foot traffic. These apartments are also good for families with very young children as the second bedroom is quite small and these are the only apartments with an internal configuration. In all the other apartments the bedrooms are very separated from one another with access along the outside corridor.

We are pleased when guests contact us directly to book as we can help select the apartment that will best suit their needs. Our website has photos of each individual apartment which can also help in finding the best fit. Each apartment has similar fixtures but they are all extremely different from one another in the layout and distribution of space. We would be pleased to give you our own "room tips" specific to your own parties needs and can be contacted by email through the link above the photo on this listing. Our website also has links to make direct bookings.

I am not sure which apartment you may have stayed in or how many were in your group so I cannot comment on why the rooms may not have met your expectations. Perhaps for your next visit we can assist with a better selection.

We take our cue from the guests themselves at the time of check-in as to the level of interaction they may enjoy. Some guests appear to appreciate a lot of privacy and some guests love to stop for a chat. Some guests look forward to a drive in the old-timer car or coming to visit the birds and some just want to do their own thing. We do try to respect and cater to each guests individual needs.

We do not have an on-site office as we are a self-catering holiday accommodation provider. We are based 600 meters away and are in and out of the property throughout the day so it is no problem to come for a visit to recommend a restaurant or a tour or help with directions - whatever the case may be. Guests are encouraged to contact us if there is anything we can do to make their stay more comfortable or enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Regards, Jayesh

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Wow......I cannot say enough about this magnificent place, I was given this trip as a gift for Christmas and looked at the photos on the internet, I was more than impressed with what I saw.....but then I got there and I have to say that the photos don't do this piece of heaven justice!!! The house is immaculate and hard to believe that many people had been there before us. That alone would have been good enough for me, but then Jayesh and Lisa went above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed to enjoy our holiday.......My children had hours of fun riding up and down the Esplanade on the bikes that were provided, my husband was in his element fishing most of the time with full use of fishing tackle and surf rod kindly supplied to him, not to mention Jayesh even took us out in his beautiful Vintage car just to buy bait....... with the kids happy and hubby in his own little world of fishing glory, I was able to just do what I needed, sit back....champagne in hand and enjoy some theraputic time in the gorgeous heated spa!!! We decided by the first night that we will be back and we will be regulars, it really felt like a home away from home, all the comforts of home, they even supplied detergents, laundry powder, dishwasher tablets, coffee, tea, shower gel.....all the little things are taken care of, all our needs were met.......even had an endless supply of bath, beach and spa towels!!! If there was one thing I could change......I absolutely wouldn't change a thing!! Till next time guys, I miss it already xx Hands down BEST accommodation I have ever experienced :))

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family