“Brilliant for Families!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Agios Ioannis
Bedford
“Brilliant for Families!”
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel from 19th Sep and had wonderful weather! The waterpark is one of the best I have been to and free entry if staying at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and even had a kitchen with oven etc. No cuttlery or pans though so could only use the fridge freezer. There is absolutely nothing around the hotel so for couples it was a little boring watching the family entertainment but we knew that when we booked. The hotel staff are really nice and will do anything for you. The Thomas Cook rep was brilliant. You get free busses to the beach and Corfu Town. There was a kids disco pretty much everynight and occasional bingo. There was some great shows the entertainment team are really good. You get a mix of English, German and Russian but they were all nice. Watch out for wasps around the pool bar though. Food was great and hot, two big salad bars a chef who cooks up food and soup. Also spag bol, chicken, beef, pork, lamb you name it and great for veggies, stuffed peppers etc too. I would recommend this hotel but only for families really. Brilliant!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennerson

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
england
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed in the Hotel Aqualand in June 2008 and June 2009.
You cannot fault the rooms, park or hotel but some changes have been made not all for the better and some improvements are required for me to return.
The Food in 2008 was great however I am not sure if it is the credit crunch but all we ever seemed to do is moan about the lack of varierty in 2009.
It was the same old same old. Breakfast is faultless however lunch and dinner was the same old and not enough varierty.
The potato selection was not good enough it was always sauted potatoes, what about Mash? Roast Potatoes? Dofenoire Potatoes? All my child had to eat was Chips, there is not enough selection for children, never any chicken nuggets, pizza, waffles or potato croquets just chips or spaggetti.
A nice cheese selection would have been good, I found the feta was always in with the salad and by the time everybody had took all of the cheese out of the salad there was nothing left for us as a family.
Also the pudding selection was not good this year, always a different coloured mouse, not enough varierty, last year there was rice pudding, creme caramel, profiteroles, nice gateauxs etc, this was just not nice having no variety all week.
Also last year there was a different special every night whether it be Burgers, Chicken, Mussles it was lovely, this year it was pasta every day, it really was becoming a chore to eat the same old same old.
Also the all inclusive cocktails are just not the same in a plastic cup!!! last year we had glasses in the bar, this year only plastic cups, which seems unfair if you are an adult and not a child!!!!
A better selection of cocktails would be good they became boring!! what happened to Black Russians, Harvey Wallbangers, Singapore Sling, White Russian and Gin Sling??
Moan over, sorry to come over all bitter but this really could be improved so much just having a little more thought into selection of food and variety and a new drinks menu and glasses as apposed to plastic cups and it would make all the difference!!
A great hotel and waterpark just needs a little improvements.

1 Thank Donnap2222
Manchester
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We had a great holiday here in May. Weather was fantastic much hotter than expected in the high 20's -30's. On arrival we were pleased with our room 1702 (i think) i said i would remember in case i came again now i'm not sure.We were directly facing the wave pool, which meant we could pull back the loungers from the pool and stay in front of our room in the garden area. No need to lock our door and everything is to hand, no needing to pop back for things you forgot, much better than around the main pool which was busier. I think we went while it was quiet. Although plenty of people there you never had to get up early for a sun lounger, there was always a ring available for the wave pool. Wave pool was brilliant. On holiday I normally only go in the water to cool down, quick dip then i'm out, but here you could just float about in a ring in the sun it was very relaxing between waves, usually every 15 mins. Ive never been in the water so much.
Food was ok, plenty of choice, but much the same every day, salad, chips, various meats, pasta & fish, no different than any other all inclusive I have been to. The waterpark was great having free entry, my sons were in there everyday . They were old enough to go without us, so went in every day with a group of friends they made there. We went in the waterpark a couple of times usually to look for my sons as they seemed to be gone for ages, and it was great ,tried a few of the tamer rides, all in all I couldn't fault it. But I must say it was very quiet in the water park, mainly only residents from the hotel which was great. I would not think it would be good in the height of summer as it would be busy. We only went for a week which I think is long enough here as there is not much to do outside the holiday village, but saying that I could not get my sons to leave the place. We ventured to the beach one day which is my holiday ritual. I have to go to the beach at least one day of my holiday, to the disappointment of my sons who would rather not. There is a courtesy bus from the hotel everyday to the beach & to corfu town. Although I do love the beach, I found it extremely hot, with no breeze and the sand was unbearable you couldn't stand on it. I laughed when I read people had complained that the sand was too hot but now I know what they mean. The entertainment was more for younger children, but I find all holiday entertainment much the same so no different than I expected. In the last few days before we left it was the school holidays and the place began to fill up, the restaurant started to get hectic with not enough tables and people waiting, and the staff were getting stressed, this was early season so I wouldn,t like to go in the main summer holidays I imagine it could be a nightmare. I would certainly go again at the same same time in May but not any later as I think it would be a completely different holiday as I saw the change in the last couple of days. All in all, not much in the surrounding area, but a great holiday to relax & let the kids have fun.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Debbymanchester
middlesbrough
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We stayed here for a week with a 2 year old and 11 year old.The aquapark is great for all age's.The pool is nice round the complex and the wave pool is in th complex to but is shared with people from the aqua park. I feel the pool's were not cleaned as often as they could of been.We found the day's were great around the complex and the aqua park. The night entertainment was not so good. Kid's world is good for the kid's it has a huge play area a train for them to ride round on and remote control swing's. The restaruant was to little we had to wait most times for a table. The food was ok but repataitve day time snacks wee poor.

Abbz
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My gosh this holiday was the best ive been on and i dont no why people are reporting it as bad,
The accomadation is great with clean towels and bed made everyday apart from sunday, the food is good but doent vary, very much, the bars are great and the pools are clean, the anamation team is the best i miss them all so much, they get involved with the kids and adults and make your holiday even better! All in all the aqualand resort is amazing! I love this part of the island!

1 Thank Abbz
Spalding
Reviewed 4 July 2009

The hotel I would descibe as a 2 star, the rooms were very basic but cleaned daily with fresh towels and the beds were made everyday apart from Sunday.

The resort itself is in a very remote location and the Hotel complex is quite small which is worth bearing in mind if you are staying for more than one week.

The entertainment team (animation team) are very commited and give it their best at all times, although the quality of the entertainment was very repetative and not geared towards the English (the animation team are all Bulgarian).

The big negative of this holiday was the very poor quality and limited choice of the food! it is without doubt the worst place I have ever stayed regarding catering, the pool side snacks were a tray of Madera cake or cups of chips and that was it!! no pizza, burgers or hotdogs like you get eveywhere else (BE WARNED).

The bars provide non branded weak watered down spirits and non branded watered down lager, all branded spirits are available but not included it your All Inclusive deal, also the soft drinks are not branded i.e Coca Cola etc the post mix drinks are similar to Soda stream, everything is done very cheaply.

The weather was ok for 4 days out of 7 being 25 degrees but we had 3 days of torrential rain and thunder storms, the island is very lush and that is because of the rain fall, if you are used to going to the Canary islands or main land spain and have never been to Corfu before ........... expect rain.

The Water Park itself is very good, with plenty of variety and the kids had a ball, it is just such a shame about the hotel complex

cornwall
Reviewed 3 July 2009

we had a nice time in aqualand the free entry to the water park was great value for money,the rooms were fine and cleaned every day apart from sundays.The food was ok but not as good as we had hoped they had free ice cream on tap which was great and did nice snacks inbetween food times,the drinks on A.I were ok but they made all the men drink out of small plastic cups for thier beer which wasn't good .the entertainment team were very friendly and made sure every1 joining in and the girls who work with the kids were amazing. the really bad thing about this hotel was the staff on reception when we arrived the bloke barely spoke to us put a x on a map to show us which direction are room was,and when leaving are room we were running late and were charged 70 eueros and shouted at by staff. The wave pool was brill and they give you use of the rings for free but charge you for pool towels.they have a free place kids can go in the moring a playcenter under cover and a train and fair swings my 3 year old loved it,and every evening apart from thursdays mini disco for young kids at 8.30.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Ioannis
MarBella Corfu Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel

Been to Aqualand Resort? Share your experiences!