“I will come back”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Peraia
Moers, Germany
“I will come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

During the last Years I stayed 3 or 4 times in Golden Star Hotel. Every time it was very good. I am for business only 1 or 2 nights and need a single room, - every time I´ve got a big, nice room with seaview.
The lady and men at the reception are very helpfull, breakfast is ok, the surroundig is nice with the beach in front of the hotel and the promenade with nice bars and restaurants.
Not so good is the parking situation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MakisPsomopoulos, Director of Sales at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2015
Dear Karin S,
Thank you so much for this trully rewarding review you posted on TripAdvisor.
Your loyalty as well as your kind words on our service and facilities mean the world to us.
With regards to the parking, please allow me to clarify that guests have 3 options:
a) Privale indoor parking with daily charge
b) Municipal parking lot next to the hotel free of charge
c) Easy street parking around the hotel
Thank you once more for sharing your experiences.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Director of Marketing & Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am very happy that I chose Golden Star Hotel: near the airport and Thessaloniki, front sea location, very friendly and always helpful staff. Breakfast was the same every day but I used to have only coffee so for me that was not a real problem. I was completely satisfied with the room and the quality of service!! After Thessaloniki I went to Crete and, comparing to my current Hotel, Golden Star was outstanding!!!!

Room Tip: room with the sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear ELENA201372,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to know that your stay was so well enjoyed. Your positive feedback has been shared with the rest of my team.
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Good place for a holiday: location near Thessaloniki, friendly staff, slean rooms. Breakfast - good quality. Private beach with free chairs, parasols and towels were excellent, but beach sand is not cleared (a lot of cigarette butts and other debris) - this damage image of the very clean sea water. Overall - I'll recomended hotel for holidays to our friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MakisPsomopoulos, Director of Sales at Golden Star City Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2015
Dear Svetlana K,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Golden Star City Resort.
WIth regards to your feedback on the cleanliness of the beach, please know that we have took notes of your comments and will discuss this issue with the rest of the team as well as with the local authorities so this will not happen again.
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at the Golden Star Hotel for a week in August 2013. I found everything quite satisfactory. Both the room itself and the bathroom and balcony were spaceous and comfortable enough. A big advantage is that the rooms are cleaned every day, even if you do not request it specifically.

The staff are friendly, helpful and competent. English is no problem at the hotel (but can be in many of the restaurants in Perea).

The breakfast is varied and can satisfy all tastes. The food is good quality too.

The restaurant is very nice, albeit a little overpriced in comparison with most of the restaurants nearby and with a smaller selection of dishes.

There is a very nice cafe as well with a good selection of drinks.

Beach chairs, parasols and towels are free, which is excellent, but you have to reserve chairs quite early, as the hotel's private beach is not very large.

All in all, my stay at the Golden Star Hotel was a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nejlika
Dear Nejlika,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to know that your stay at Golden Star City Resort was so well enjoyed. Your positive feedback has been shared with my team.
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great place for a holiday, nice location near Thessaloniki, private beach with clean water, very friendly staff, beautiful sea view... Overall - I recommend it to friends and would surely go again! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Vaska D,
Thank you for this trully rewarding review following your stay at Golden Star City Resort.
I'm very glad to know that we lived up to your expectations and I will make sure to share your posiive feedback with the rest of my team.
Hope to have you back with us again soon.
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My boyfriend and I were on a short trip to Perea this month and we found the hotel to be nice with a great emplacement near the beach, great sea view and absolutely wonderful food.
The staff is friendly, always smiling, kind and helpful, just as one would expect to find in their holiday.
The only thing that was not to my liking was the bathroom wich we found to be small and in urgent need of refurbishing. Also, if you don't have a car, it is quite dificult to find entertainment (besides restaurans).
Be careful if you want to take a taxi from Thessaloniki to Perea, we payed 40 euros at our arrival and only 20 when we returned

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrea K,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review on TripAdvisor.
I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us at Golden Star City Resort and I'm grateful for your kind words on our staff members.
WIth regards to your comments on the bathroom, I'm delighted to inform you that all COCO-MAT superior rooms front sea view now feauture brand new marble bathrooms with walk-in cabins. Soon will follow the standard rooms partial sea view as well as the economy rooms back view and we are really excited about it.
As far as taxi fares are concerned, please know that we co-operate with a handful of taxi companies which offer way much lower rates than those you mentioned. Please feel free to contact us directly at +302392022755 so we can arrange a cab on your next visit to Thessaloniki.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Alba, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Golden Star is always the best place to stay in the Thessaloniki nearby. The staff is super. They're kind and helpful. The rooms are confortable and clean. The hotel has a beautiful view and the beach is awesome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stefano_88_Alba
Dear Stefano_88_Alba,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your lovely review on TripAdvisor.
We are very pleased to know that your stay was so well enjoyed. Your positive feedback has been shared with my team.
Director of Marketing & Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peraia
Royal Hotel
#1 of 60 in Thessaloniki
Santa Beach Hotel
Santa Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agia Triada

Been to Golden Star City Resort? Share your experiences!