“One of the rare occasions well above our expectations-an excellent stay!”
Review of Sani Asterias

Sani Asterias
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sani
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We came for three days for business/pleasure with family. This renovated boutique suites are situated by a private beach. The architecture is very good and the overall esthetics are a pleasure to the eye. Breakfast is excellent, many orders taken a la carte. The staff is exceptionally gentle-especially Calliope- and helpful, they let us feel like we were VIPs. For the gym and sauna one may use the Porto Hotel facility. Just express your wish and here is the club car!therefore, one can easily understand that we will be for sure back!

Room Tip: all the family suites are situated to the ground level by the sae. The junior -one room- suites are...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014

After travelling to many countries in all top class hotels none can compare to the service and personal attention of the Asterias suites. Kevin and his staff have become like family to us and it always feels like going home. Every year they add new things that Kevin has researched in the closed season, so they are always on top of things.We return once mostly twice a year and although we have other holidays these weeks are by far the best and most relaxing.

Room Tip: beach front are great.
1  Thank Sandra E
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have stayed at the Asterias suites for the last 3 years and every time are blown away by the attentive, yet not intrusive, service and care provided by Kevin and the team. The staff really do take the time to get to know you and very quickly understand exactly it takes to make your stay perfect.
We don't normally like to return year after year to the same place, but we simply can't find anything even close to comparable. The suites are spacious and luxurious and the beachfront ones have the perfect setting with direct access on to the beach.
The resort is perfect if you have children, for spending the day on the beautiful beach, to walking around to the marina in the evening for a lovely meal in one of the many restaurants.
Can't recommend enough. If you have the opportunity to stay at the Asterias Suites you will not be disappointed. I am certain we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Beach view. Wonderful if you have children.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We decided to spend our honeymoon at the the Sani Asterias Suites and we could not have picked a more perfect Resort.
From the moment we arrived the staff, under the leadership of Kevin, could not have done enough for us. To be met everyday by staff who actually take the time to know you and remember you is very nice.
Our apartment was very spacious and luxurious. The garden area had both dining and sun lounging areas but with the beach only 2 metres away we used the sun loungers there. The beach is kept up to a very high standard and is maintained by very attentive and very very pleasant staff. Good to see the lifeguard always walking the beach,very reassuring, especially as it is a family resort :-)
The resort is built around a marina which has several wonderful restaurants and shops. We ate in several but our favourite had to be the night we ate in the WATER RESTAURANT at the Asterias suites itself. We were treated to cuisine of the highest standard, fine dining at its best worth every penny.What made it more special was once again the staff, they made our experience that bit more special.
As I mentioned above The Asterias Suites is a family resort so they cater for children of all ages. As a couple on honeymoon we knew of this before we booked but the resort is big enough to share :-) and we great laugh on the beach watching the the families enjoying their holidays also.
We had ten days of a wonderful honeymoon surrounded by people who cared and that made the difference.
We did thank Kevin and his crew before we departed and it is our wish to see them again soon.
The least I can do now is tell you what we experienced and hope that you make the journey to see for yourself.

Will we return ? Of course we will
Have we told others ? We have told everyone :-)

3  Thank JohnBoscoLynch
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

A great family resort with great service fantastic food and a beautiful beach a wonderful setting and can't wait to go there again next year! The marina is full of different restaurants to choose from!the decor could be improve in the rooms to make it more elegant in a relaxed style!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Paul1881
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our week at the Sani Asterias Suites was an absolute delight. We expected a luxurious few days, but the quality of service and level of comfort far outweighed our expectations. The high standard and luxury is incontestable - good food, especially the superb breakfasts, beautiful environment and high levels of comfort, all contributing to the whole enjoyable experience - but the additional joy for us was that every single member of the staff team were friendly and attentive, and always willing to go the extra mile to help make our holiday stress free and memorable.
We will return to Sani Asterias, not only because we can be certain of a relaxing break in a top quality resort, but to enjoy the company of the people who made our stay so special.

Room Tip: Beach front ground floor suites - a step from your lawned garden to the comfort of your sunbed
2  Thank Martin P
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Sani Asterias Suites from the 17-25th October and what a stay it was! We came with our two small children who at the time were 4 months and 2 years old. We also had my in laws join us for the second week. I can say this has been one of the best vacations of any of our lives! I will include my in laws comments as well.

We flew from London to Thessaloniki and were then picked up by a van who took us to the resort. We brought our own carseats but they will provide them if requested. However, I must stress that you check the installation of the carseats when you get in the car. On the way home we had a baby seat already installed in the car which we decided to use and I noticed it was installed incorrectly. If we would have been in an accident the baby and carseat would have been ejected from the seat easily. So please double check the installation. I also encourage the hotel to properly train staff to install the seats and adjust the belts as this is a critical safety issue for the littlest guests and as not all parents will be familar with all seats, the driver should know how to safely install them. Aside from this our ride was nice, the driver was very friendly and patient and drove safely.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by Kevin and a few staff members. As we arrived late with little kids they took us to our room and let us check in the next morning. In the room we had two cribs with pillows, sheets, bumpers and duvets. They also provided mini bathrobes and Asterias bibs. We were very pleased with everything provided as they were proper cribs and not travel cots as you get in many other resorts. Our bed was actually two beds with seperate sheets pushed together. Just as a warning to couples who like to cuddle!! I found the bed quite hard for my liking but Im afraid there is no way to please everyone. We had several pillow options which was nice and the decor was very modern and tasteful. You can see the layout of the room online but I loved it and the view of the ocean in the morning was amazing. The patio and small yard in the back were also enjoyable. I hardly ever use outdoor space in hotel rooms but this was really relaxing and lovely and we had a few evenings of champagne and Aegean gazing on the back patio. I wish I could have lived in this suite!!!

The staff were always friendly and greeted us around the hotel property. As there were four properties on the resort I could clearly see, as I visited the others, that the standard at the Asterias was a step above (which one would expect). The staff would bend over backwards to satisfy any requests you had and I couldnt fault a single one of them. Professional, friendly, always giving you exactly what you need without being too in your face. PERFECTION!

We had a beachfront suite which I loved. My only regret is that we didnt get the family suite with more than one room. This is not at all the fault of the hotel but as the children slept close together in the open part of the main bedroom, all of us had many sleepless nights with one of the children waking us most of the time. As we plan to come again, I want to get the unit with two bedrooms next time to make this less of an issue. Aside from this, the unit was beautiful and clean. The only fault was the shower had a bit of a problem with leaking while we showered so there was a puddle of water outside the shower everytime. I never raised this with the hotel so I cant say much about it, but it was clear that the bathroom and rest of the suite was cleaned to a very high standard everyday. I looked over the entire room and every other detail was well done and in good order. There is free wifi in the room which was reliable which I found to be a good feature and much appreciated by my husband who works on vacations (sigh).

The private beach was lovely and well groomed. There was a big storm while we were there which caused an enormous amount of seaweed to be washed ashore. I heard some guests were annoyed by this, but I found that the staff were working as hard as possible to get this cleaned up. I dont think most appreciate how hard it is to keep the beach in such perfect order. Every morning the staff were raking the sand and perfectly placing every chair and boardwalk. It was absolute perfection. My son actually enjoyed getting up early and going to watch the digger and truck doing their work.

The loungers on the beach were very comfortable and clearly nicer than others on the resort. (As tested by my in laws!) We also had drinks and towels offerered to us as we relaxed.

The wider resort is lovely with hiking, birdwatching, water sports and various other activities on offer. My husband and I mostly relaxed near our suite or went to the marina to shop or eat. The restaurants were mostly of a good standard and some were EXCELLENT. The Water restaurant chef is michelin starred and provided us with the nicest meal we had in years. The last being Gordon Ramsey in London which is a quite good restaurant. So this really is high praise! The Tomata restaurant was also very good. I believe both have recieved awards. We also tried the buffet at the Beach Hotel which I would give a miss next time. The food was nice however with the other options on offer there is no reason I can see to go there. We tried various other places, of which some were just ok. We enjoyed the Creperie as our daily lunch spot even though it is not included in the dine around program. Breakfast at the resort was lovely and had the best breakfast my husband has seen in a hotel. Considering he has travelled to over 58 countries and hundreds of hotels, this is not said lightly! Overall we just loved the food and atmosphere of the resort.

Our kids were in the Melissa creche twice a day and we used the babysitting at night. They were excellent and the kids really seemed to enjoy themselves. The have various activities on everyday that kept my older son busy and my younger was happy to be cuddled and along for the ride. The room was clean and the kids all seemed to be happy (after the usual crying the first time Mum and Dad left them).

I should point out, if you are looking for a kid free holiday, this is not the place for you. Certainly there is a family focus at this resort and kids are all over. In the Suites kids were generally well behaved and not too loud, but upon visiting the other properties I could see how even I as a parent would tire quickly of the swarms of children running all over. We were even there in low season as we prefer a less crowded resort, so I can imagine during high season it would be rather overwhelming in some areas. Having said that, my in laws, who are in their late 60s, quite enjoyed themselves and would very happily come again. They enjoyed being with the grandkids and the family friendly environment.

My in laws took advantage of the more active aspects of the resort and went on a birdwatching tour and loved it. They also went for a few quite long hikes. Feedback on the hikes were that the maps were really quite bad and the signage was equally bad. They tried to ask for help from locals along the way and on speaking to a man realised that many hikers so the same. Clearly most people get confused. Also as a warning there are beehives being kept along the trails so if anyone happens to be allergic, please be aware. My husband was stung numerous times on his runs. There are other day trips on offer but are very costly.

I could probably go on for quite a long time about other aspects of the resort but the summary is this is the best vacation we have ever had as a family and we plan to return!!! Thank you to everyone at the resort who made such a memorable time for us.

Room Tip: If travelling without kids the Jr Suites have amazing views over the ocean. I would have chosen this...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ShaShaShelby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Dunes
Achtis Hotel
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 9 in Afitos
Miraggio Thermal Spa Resort

Been to Sani Asterias? Share your experiences!