We stayed for 11 nights from the end of June. The hotel had thought of pretty much everything a young family needs. Naturally we took much of what we needed with us but you can source everything from their mini supermarket .. at normal prices! It was nice not to feel a constant strain on the wallet which some hotels impress on you and which totally detracts from a holiday when it's not necessary for a few extra euros.
Sure the hotel isn't cheap but you do feel it's good value for money generally. The staff are above and beyond anything i have ever known. You may get very polite friendly staff at the Four Seasons but here they genuinely feel like they enjoy there work and want you to enjoy your holiday. Nothing is rarely too much and they always smile.
The bar staff, pool staff and breakfast staff are some of the happiest people going. An extra big thanks to Chrstina at breakfast for keeping the kids entertained, there's even a table with toys so we could enjoy a few minutes of peace. And to Anna, Marina and Tijana around the pool were incredible and kept the drinks following. That's not to say that other staff weren't equally as good, reception, management, golf buggie guys, everyone!
The entire place is owned by one family and really they should be running the country. They are constantly investing in the hotel to keep it up to date and the feel of the place is just very laid back. The other hotels are worth a visit for lunch or dinner. The beaches are fabulous esp the one behind the Melissa kids club, really perfect for lounging and enjoying the place.
The food is excellent and was one of our main requirements from a hotel. There is a good mix of restaurants in the marina many of which we tried. The only one complaint i would make is to have a slightly wider menu round the pool at lunch time. There are some lovely bars and we enjoyed a pre dinner drink in the hotel bar by the pool frequently. They had a small tv playing the world cup which added to the atmosphere but isn't there all the time. They let me watch the Silverstone F1 GP on it which i thought was generous of them.
All in all the kids had huge fun around the kids pool which is nicely linked into the main pools so you don't feel like you are being pushed out (there's a separate adult pool if you are that way inclined).
Because you can hire baby sitters from the Melissa club we got out to dinner most evenings which made it a holiday for the grown ups too. So all in all we came away thinking we might return which is fairly unheard of for us. We did the B&B option so we could dine out without restriction and that worked really well. I don't know how the price would have compared if we had done half board and then eaten around but i suspect it would have be a little more.
We didn't try bikes this time but there are loads to choose from. We made it to one evening open air show which was well done and enjoyable. Maybe next time we will make it to the open air cinema too or the jazz festival on the hill above the beach.
If you are looking for a good family hotel i don't believe you will better Sani in Europe. There are other of a similar set up but for the choice of restaurants and beautiful beaches this is second to none at this price range.
Hopefully we will make it back at some stage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious getaway for the body and mind, the relaxed surroundings of the expansive Porto Sani Village is an ideal setting in which to restore your karma. The sensuous Spa Suite is a haven of tranquility providing tailor-made aromatherapy treatments, personal trainers and one-on-one yoga lessons, while the breathtaking lagoon pool is the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy our energising fresh juices and well-being menus for adults and children. The contemporary elegance of Porto Sani Village is complemented by a superb setting close to Sani Marina and its enticing world of inspired cuisine. The refreshingly spacious suites of this hotel are ideal for families and command spectacular views over the lagoon pools and the Marina, resplendent with its majestic yachts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Sani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Sani
- Porto Sani Village Kassandra
- Porto Sani Village Hotel Kassandra
- Porto Sani Halkidiki