“So attentive!”

Porto Sani
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sani
“So attentive!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

A wonderful resort with lots of choice - great quality! The staff truly want your holiday to be perfect. We arrived late because of BA delays but the reception desk was still very welcoming and wanted to make sure we quickly got some rest, telling us we did not need to worry about forms / check in. Bags quickly taken to the room. We were allocated the wrong room that night due to an honest error but the resort made every effort to move our belongings (piece by piece as we unpacked everything) to our new room 24 hours later. Plenty for the kids to do and a great environment for the kids to have some independence and explore the resort by the mountain bikes we hired for our stay. Loads of restaurants to choose and all with excellent food and service.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Jamie O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

sakis and his excellent team welcomed us back to Sani once more and I can only say that this place honestly just keeps on getting better and better , from the food and wines to all the little extras and improvements the continue to do. we had another 2 fantastic week's with them and I cant recommend this place enough. all the staff are fantastic and help to make the place feel special, we are already looking to book again for next year as I am excited to see if they believe they can improve on what is already paradise for families and children alike.

thanks to all the team for making our trip so fantastic, cant wait to see you all again next year

Alex and family

2 Thank alex c
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We go on many holidays during the year but I do not always get around writing a review here on tripadvisor. However, during our stay this July, I already decided that it is about time to write another review. So that was decided. What I found super irritating though was, that when checking out and waiting for our pick-up to the airport, we were actually asked to write a review on tripadvisor, demanding it to be "five star" and please only about the good things! How irritating is that??? I kindly replied that I WILL write a review, but I will stick to the truth. To be honest, this really put me off.
Now to my actual review:
We chose PSV for a holiday with two toddlers due to the amazing reviews (now I am asking myself whether have they been influenced too???) here on tripadvisor. So most good things have been said. We do think though, that you cannot actually only comment on PSV because it wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for the entire resort. It is only nice because it is part of Sani resort. Seeing it by itself it wouldn't actually be that special as it consists of rooms, a restaurant and a pool. A nice pool. But the fact that it is part of the Sani Resort makes it so nice. You can use all the facilities of all the other Hotels and we actually did. We tried to visit every single beach and found them all special in their own way. The water for swimming is outstanding wherever you go. So is the service on the beach and the fact that they have beach buddies for kids and that they provide all kinds of toys to play in the water and sand really did it for us!!! They really try to make young families feel welcome whether it is at breakfast, lunch or dinner, at the beach, by the pools.... We tried many restaurants and liked most of them but can recommend Amos and Dunes the most. The food offered at Sani Asterias Suites was also superb.
The vast majority of staff is super service minded and you can tell that they have been trained well. It is a nice experience to hardly ever hear someone say "no".
Actually, reading the previous reviews most things selling this property have been said, so let me point out something not that great. We didn't feel that our room was cleaned only very superficially. When we first moved in there was still sand in the shower from the previous family for example. Once our son accidently kicked his parsifier under the bed and trust me, you don't want to know what my hand and the dummy looked like when I picked it up. Disgusting. Ofcourse you don't clean underneath the furniture every day, but this wasn't dirt of a few days or a fortnight, but at least of the entire season. Also a single cigarette has been smoked on the balcony on the second day and the ashtray hadn't been emptied by the time we left. I could go on like this..... I think when you strive to be the best you also have to get this right and not try to defend this by saying July is high season so housekeeping is overworked.... The say "sorry" and try to do better in future.
Another issue we found weird, but doesn't seem to be an issue was security. The entire resort is open, and broken up by public areas. So everyone can just walk in everywhere at any time of the day or night. No one is checking at the beaches or the hotels. As long as nothing happens this seems to work for Sani, we just haven't ever seen this anywhere else in the world.
Would we go back? Probably yes, but we also might try one of the other Hotels within the resort. Decision hasn't been made yet though, as we only returned a few days ago.

4 Thank travelxyz
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My mum and I stayed at Porto Sani Village for a week in May 2013 (not august 2013) but I kept meaning to write this review after we had returned because I wanted to highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay but have only just got round to it. We had a truly amazing holiday. It was relaxing and luxurious and everything we could wish for was provided. The staff were absolutely delightful and treated us like royalty! We could find nothing to fault the entire time we were there. The only thing we can't comment on was the evening entertainment as we were to busy enjoying our evening meals and wandering around the marina and shops that we never made it to them. We both said on our way back to the airport that we would return, something I rarely do as I generally like to try out new places, but I am very excited now as we are booked in again this September and I can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

6th time of visiting and yet again it was brilliant. Every year it seems to be able to improve and go way beyond exceeding my expectations. This year there were new sun beds round the pool which were extremely comfortable. There were also new beds in the rooms which delivered fantastic sleeping quality! The Hotel restaurant, Artemis, also seems to improve every year as well and now offers a different menu every night so you experience something different each time you visit. This year I had one of the best meals I have ever experienced and it is hands down the best restaurant on the resort!

A special mentioned also has to be made to, Sakis, the hotel manager as well as his staff. He can i always be found around the hotel making sure that his guests are having the perfect holiday. If you tell him something is wrong, which is an extremely rare occurance, it is normally rectified very quickly! Most of the guests at this hotel are young family's but as a 16 year old boy I still find there is plenty to do and because most of the guest are returning ones there are normally a few people my own age who I've meet from previous years who have now become good friends and this definitely makes the holiday more enjoyable and our parents can have some relaxing time without us around the adult pool! Unfortunately this was probably my last trip to PSV as I soon will be wanting to go on some lads holidays and this is one of the only types of holidays not suited to this resort but hopefully one day I will be able to return with my own family as it is so special! Thank you PSV!

5 Thank HarryC98
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Most amazing service and devotion to the youngest guests, all around the compound. Friendly staff and a very serious management! All in a relaxed and motivated atmosphere. The very concept is great and operation even better. Holistic experience. Kids loved the village feeling and absence of city life. Pay attention to the of bike traffic; some riders are not too careful. The daily rhythm is not attuned to families with small kids: breakfast and beach hours. Yet, both the breakfast (compliments to Angeliki!) and beach (compliments to Marko) are a great experiences by themselves. The playground within eucalyptus trees is just perfect. We would most definitely be very glad to come back again, to check out the dimensions we could not manage the first time (biking, hiking, etc.), perhaps in June or September.

Room Tip: Higher floors presumably have less A/C unit noise and a sea view. However, lower floor is better for...