“Perfection!”

Porto Sani
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sani
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I can't recommend this hotel enough! We have now been there twice and both times stayed at Porto sani village.... The rooms are spacious the staff are amazing and even with 2 year old twins we relaxed. Their is a kids club with English speaking staff and babysitting services readily available at reasonable rates. All the restaurants are great ( but book your tables in advance) and loads or choice for all.. Even the buffets are great and such good value given all included in dine around-healthy food for the kids! This time my daughter got chicken pox 2 days before we were due to go home so I had to stay an extra 10 days on my own with her before we were able to fly.. The staff found me a room despite it being half term, and as we were stuck inside they made sure we had food bought to our room, the creche sent down art stuff for us to do, and the porters even took us out in our own golf buggy just to cheer my daughter up... The staff were literally like a second family to me and made a difficult situation so so much better. All the staff in the restaurants even knew me from walking my daughter in the buggy around the marina and all took me under their wing! If you are unsure about booking don't be!x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Parky64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014

3rd year in a row back to Porto Sani Village with 2 small children, aged 4 and 20 months.

So obviously we loved it before.

Pros:
Faultless rooms and maid service
Great room service, though menu a little limited (but we never asked to go off piste to be fair)
Great welcome - drinks by the bar
Sovereign great in laying on 2 taxis for us
Great resort, very safe, most things within walking distance
Breakfast is just amazing - just wish I'd tried a cooked one once
Hotel staff very attentive without being "in your face"
Known quantity (so important when you have 2 small children)
Weather - no rain (even in previous years any rain was overnight)

Cons:
Very expensive (but hey we were prepared by experience) but some things like bike hire would have almost been cheaper to buy bikes for the week
Less Brit focussed than before - very much aiming for the Russian clientele
Restaurant choice felt very much more constrained than before - either trying to be ultra posh (with matching price tags and levels of fussiness) or dumbed down. Nothing at the level or quality of pizza express (Macaroni gone on quantity and not quality)
Gym ok but at least 1 item out of service each day and very small for the number of people who use it
Fellow Brit guests - somewhat tipsy parents playing somewhat aggressive frisbee in the toddlers pool
Losing some of its family feel (non family guests)

If I were to put my finger on why I can't give it 5 stars, it's probably because it's the first time I didn't feel like we fitted in. All the other guests were busy mentioning how they were flying back by private jet etc. This isn't a resort you go to without having very good salaries, but this year, the clientèle seemed only to be in the mega rich category (private jets etc). Ok that's us and not the hotel but it all adds to the ambience...
We all also had dodgy tums from about day 2. Magically cleared up as soon as we got home!

Room Tip: pool facing rooms - ground floor rooms great if you have infants that need a midday nap. Mum can sun...
New York
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The room was small, the food was very good.
Food: __ The breakfast buffet (grill by the pool) is good (cheese, fruits, smoothies, russian food). The f&b managers are nice! Try the breakfast at Ammos as well. The beach is nice, but the beach food menu is not good enough, i don't eat burgers, meatballs or bruscketas. I'd love to have some fish tartar or assiette de charcuterie for example. The food at Dunes, Ouzerie (next to Dunes), Ammos and Tomata is the best. Don't miss the greek night at Ouzerie (Sani Beach Club)!
Room: __ The biggest dissapointment was the room: they sold me a junior suite, but that turned out just a superior room. The hotel manager said it's what you saw on the picture... Also the bath floor is always wet, because the water leaks while you take the shower.
Care: ___ No drink was offered to me or my father while we were waiting for check-in, though it was hot and humid, but i got a wet towel.
What was most surprising is that there is no bottled water in the gym, you get glasses and a cooler, but how am i supposed to drink that while running on a treadmill? But for extra charge they could bring you some. (I paid around 500 eur/room, 700 on f&b, can't you give me a 30 cents bottle of water in the gym??)
Misc: ___ The wifi is not strong enough, but is provided almost everywhere.
AGGELOS from the guest relations was amazing, it seemed like he really cared. Julia, also from guest relations, forgot my thin blanket, and when i came to Ammos, one of the dinner nights, they said i had no reservation, though all my reservations were made by Julia. The beach staff was nice.
Once I wanted to go to try Dunes for breakfast, the staff told me the bass comes at 8:53, I waited for 20 min but no bus came...

Room Tip: Marina Junior Suite is small and is only good for a couple. But they are right 5 seconds from the be...
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was our second stay at Porto Sani Village, our fourth in the resort as a whole - we spent the first two holidays in the Beach Club up on the hill. PSV is really hard to fault. It does so many things right, that any minor criticism feels almost like carping for its own sake.
To start with those overwhelming positives: there are some factors that I feel very strongly about because they appeal to my personal preferences, while others are more universal. On the latter front, there is a fabulous pool with several different areas to keep the interest of both kids and adults, deep, soft loungers you could literally spend the night on and not wake up with an aching back, one of the most gorgeous beaches I have seen - and there are several like it in the resort in general - and staff who greet you with what seem to be absolutely genuine smiles and salutations. Not only are the greetings good, but they will go out of their way to help you if they possibly can - just one small, random example: I saw a lifeguard voluntarily offer to blow up a partially deflated lilo to help a mother and her child who were in the pool, and seconds later, the job was done without the parent needing to move a finger.
On the more personal front, the rooms are blissfully quiet - very good noise-proofing, I guess - and this is the opinion of someone who is extremely sensitive to noise disturbances. The moment you shut the doors and windows, the noise, be it from the pool or the evening entertainment - is silenced. I have spent so many holidays elsewhere ruing the day I booked a room near the centre of the resort, but not at PSV. The beds are cool and comfortable. PSV also benefits from being near the Marina, with all its life and restaurants, rather than away at the other end of the resort like the Beach Club. We hired bikes for the duration of the holiday, and while expensive, it meant we could zip around wherever we wanted, eating in virtually every restaurant in the complex (and there are many), playing sport, bird watching, water sports, you name it.
I also really appreciate their policy on sunbed bagging. Nobody is allowed to get up at the crack of dawn and put towels or possessions on sunbeds. This has always been one of my absolute bete noirs - having to make the choice between setting an early alarm - on holiday! - or spending a day in the full sunshine, or cramped up with other families, because you didn't manage to bag suitable seats. It is great to sleep in, mosey on down for breakfast, and wander out afterwards to find plenty of chairs available, and mostly, perhaps with the exception of late afternoon, there are always empty loungers available. Shame the pool only really offers shade or sun, not the two together, in most areas, but that is probably not a problem that can be solved due to the placement of the chairs and the size of the parasols. Think HUGE! What was great this year was finding that there was a section of the beach now reserved for PSV. Either that wasn't in place last year or I missed it entirely, as if we were heading for the beach last year, I used to cycle down early enough to get something near the front, and there, the chairs were bagged early in the morning. I loved the fact that I didn't have to do that this year, that as long as we were reasonably punctual, say about 10 am, there might well still be a front row parasol. And then you are right there, gazing at that pellucid water up close and deeply personal!
I would say that the resort suits me better than it does my two teenage, or close to teenage, children - who are 15 and 12. Teenagers seem to be an endangered species at PSV. For adolescent action, you should probably stay at the Sani Beach Hotel up the road - too busy, nay, hectic, a place for me by choice really, though if we were to return for a fifth year, I would probably choose to go there to try to keep my sons happier. Word is that they have implemented a new policy regarding sunbed bagging there and that the new infinity pool is quiet and does not have music blaring - which are both huge plus points for me at PSV (though not at all for my sons!)
And there is one of those niggling little minus points, which concerns Sani's approach to returning visitors. To me, I have now visited Sani four times (consecutive years too), but to PSV, I only have the kudos of a second year visitor because that’s how often I have stayed in that part of the resort. We were given an "upgrade" on arrival this year - my ears pricked with anticipation - but it only consisted of giving us two different rooms, meaning we had to change bedrooms half way through the holiday, and while the first had a marina view - technically, I believe, a more expensive room than one with a pool view, which is what we had booked - it was further to walk and the view, as other reviewers have noted, is very so-so. You see a small patch of sea beyond the tops of the restaurants that stand between you and the marina; while the restaurant owners clearly keep the backs of their establishments unusually clean, it still isn't a great view. Then the big "upgrade" that we were promised was the second room, apparently, which was, in the end, just marginally bigger than the usual pool view rooms - I would estimate a few square feet larger in the living room, where my older son slept. I know that the suites here at Sani are all the same, at least within the same price band, so perhaps this extra wiggle room seemed valuable to the hotel management, but honestly, I think I would have preferred to be given the room type we booked in the first place - any pool view - and not have the hassle of moving.
The other negatives are much smaller. I wish, as I did last year, that they would make it possible for us to serve ourselves with tea or orange juice at breakfast - other resorts (Forte Village, for example) do this - as the service at that time of day can be slow or non-existent. I must have had to go looking for a waiter to ask for juice and tea five or six times out of 14, which isn't great. This is a personal preference issue, as I am someone who always drinks far more than they eat - so being able to get tea and orange juice quickly, and plenty of it, is important to me. There was also, this year, rather ironically, given what I have just said, a bit too much solicitation from the servers around the pool to buy drinks....while I truly appreciate the possibility to order drinks from those comfy loungers, there were many mornings where we had literally just settled down by the pool having come straight from breakfast, to be approached by four waitresses in a row, saying good morning, how were we and would we like to order drinks. We felt it was a bit invasive at times and it would benefit from being toned down, I think. After all, we knew what the serving staff were there to do!
But these really are small points, in the end, when you look at what PSV offers. This is a really classy place to stay and it remains very hard to find any fault, in days and nights where you have very little else to do - being on holiday! - than to analyse everything that happens to you in great detail.
So thank you, PSV, and all your staff - particularly the wonderful Christina - for making our fourth stay in the resort such a happy one. Who knows about next year? My older son already considers himself too old for family holidays but my younger one is game. If it were just me and him though, I would have to find somewhere he would meet others of his age. Having to spend endless hours keeping him company in the slightly cold pool would rather spoil my holiday!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are near the centre of the resort - reception and the restaurant - but not noisy, at...
1 Thank Rose L
Paris
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We spent two weeks there in August 2012 with our kids who were 3 and 5 at that time. We had a good time, the place is nice, the staff is quite professional and you can even find two or three good restaurants around the marina (we recommand the local ones - and avoid the so-called crêperie at all costs!). The resort is quite big so you do not have to go to the same beach every day and transportation is always provided if you want to skip the walk. The beaches are nice. The kids club where we left our kids until noon is ok but not great in our view in terms of activities offered.
We were disappointed by the room though, it is too small for a family of four and you could not use the garden which offers absolutely no privacy.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had a wonderful 11 nights at Porto Sani Village in a two-bedroomed suite. We had read very positive reviews and were full of high hopes and were not disappointed. The staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble but they get the perfect balance of being extremely helpful without being obsequious. The pool at Sani Village is beautifully designed with a network of pools with different depths and little bridges. Great fun for kids especially smaller ones. The breakfast in Artemis is delicious with enormous variety on offer. Our favorite restaurants were Ammos (fabulous food, beach location) and Dunes. You must book your restaurants well in advance to get a table. It is so easy to get around the resort. Although the Beach Club is more distant and a bus runs there 3 times an hour, it is easier to walk along the beach to it which only takes 10 minutes. We enjoyed the garden theatre Michael Jackson tribute and Mamma Mia evenings very much indeed and the entertainment was great fun for a family. Our kids also enjoyed the football academy in the evenings (it is very expensive at 35 euros per child) We had delicious lunches in Bousoulas and the Sea Up Bar, simple salads or tasty club sandwiches or pizza. We thought that the prices for lunches were reasonable for a resort like this. The beaches are great (and when the wind gets up you get some great waves) and there were always vacant loungers. Beach staff were so attentive and helpful (cleaning sunglasses and brushing sand off the foot of the loungers!) - the service was remarkable everywhere. There are alot of Russians in the resort as well as British, a few French and Germans. We would highly recommend Sani as a holiday destination its is superb.

Room Tip: Two Bed Suite 808 is a groundfloor suite, good location close to pool, quiet but backs onto the Mari...
2 Thank SKleHW
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Sakis, Nicos, Maria, Christina and all the team - your are the best and you provide the best service and attention to detail that any family with young children could want!!
This really is a 5 star resort, with the quality of the food, a great Spa, the standard of the facilities, the fantastic kids club and the level of superb service from every single person.
We really cannot fault any part of our stay and each year we go we feel it cannot be any better than the last year, but it always seems to get better!!
We've already booked again for next year.
Thanks Sakis and congratulations on your new son!!
Best wishes, Tony, Jenny, Grace (aged 7) and Jack (aged 3)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tony J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sani
Sani Beach
Achtis Hotel
#1 of 8 in Afitos
Pomegranate Wellness Spa Hotel
Acrotel Athena Pallas Village

Been to Porto Sani? Share your experiences!