“The Best Atlantica Hotel”

SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Agii Apostoli
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“The Best Atlantica Hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I booked the holiday July 2012 as we had been to other Atlantica hotels before in Cyprus and Rhodes and our expectations were greatly exceeded. This is a beautiful hotel in an ideal location .

The differences started before we got to the hotel with the completion of our registration forms on the coach When you arrive at the hotel there is no queuing just a cold drink ! We were escorted to our room by the guest relations manager the bags made there own way there .

We had booked a sea view room but were upgraded to a swim up room 148 excellent . The room was excellent it had a glass bathroom wall which took us by surprise but there is a curtain that can be drawn if required. The staff were excellent Stellios Eva Alexis Amelina and Melina to name a few all the staff were helpful and the manager could be seen regularly walking around and complex .

We had a problem with our hot water one evening a phone call to reception and within 10 minutes maintenance were there and it was resolved

The Holiday Rep suggested a walk to Chania saying it would take 45 mins I wouldn't recommend it . It took us over an hour and other than the first to bays you then had to walk inland and it wasn't the most scenic route.

The entertainment was low key as we expected....but who needs to play games during the day.
The resident Duo 2 of Diamonds were excellent Cassie has an amazing voice and Connor is an excellent guitarist . We particularly enjoyed the blankets on the beach event !

The food is excellent we only booked half board which was enough for us We did however do the beverage package nearly all the holiday there is a minimum of 3 days for this option.

There is a policy for removing towels from unattended sun beds before 10 am this was quite strictly enforced at the beginning of the holiday but a bit lax towards the end. May I suggest that this is enforced more rigorously as when the pool attendant was not there guests were selfishly putting there towels on beds and not returning for some hours. There are plenty of sun beds on the beach where towels are not removed

We really had a great time..so much in fact that I have already booked today for next June.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms block F get the sun in the morning block D in the afternoon and certain ones in block...
5 Thank Helen T
Dimitris P, Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 1 February 2016

Dear Esteemed Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review and feedback, which we will use constructively in an effort to perfect our services even more and make Atlantica Kalliston the best “adults only” resort in the world. We are already looking into the issues you brought up.
We, at Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa, strive daily to present personalized service to all our guests. Your positive respond and your warm comments will encourage the whole team which will keep on perfecting our services in order to exceed your expectations.
At this point I would like to brief you on our recent achievements; The Kalliston was awarded as the BEST Adults Only hotel in the world in 2015 from all guests of TUI Nordic and UK. This gave us the “Gold Award” in Overall Accommodation. This is the highest award among 55 adults’ only hotels from all over the world. Since July 2015, we also hold five TripAdvisor stars, a classification awarded to less than 1% of all the hotels in the world.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Essex UK
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Just what we needed, sun, good food, extremely comfortable bed and wonderful staff.

We booked a seaview room and are glad we did as some of those on the front and side looked a bit noisy. The room had the most comfortable bed I have slept in. The bathroom had a shower and bath, which I like to have. Lovely toiletries.

There was a fridge in the room that was empty so ideal for the water, fruit etc that we wanted to get in there.Good tea and coffee making facilities.

The air con was very quiet and efficient.
Towels and sheets were changed every day.

The restaurant was one of the best of this type we have eaten in. Good variety and well cooked.If you wanted to be healthy all week there was plenty to choose from. Equally lots to sin with!
We had intended to go to the Greek and Italian restaurants but gave these a miss as the food in the main restaurant was so good and the other two seemed a bit lacking in atmosphere.

The pools were excellent, very clean and with a variety of depths.The jacuzzi was a treat after a hard day relaxing!

The beach is the best bit, sandy and shallow for quite a way, but with good waves. Made for some great fun!

Sunbeds were always available although probably more could be added to save people being too close together. There is a sign saying that beds left unattended for too long will have towels removed. It seemed to help the 'saving all day' situation.

We would go back to this hotel when we want to chill, in guaranteed sun, with good food.

Room Tip: Book a seaview room. The swim up rooms had poor shade facilities whilst we were there, so not goo...
2 Thank linandmark
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 1 February 2016

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback which gives us strength to work harder; we all really appreciate your nice words and we are already looking into the issues you have mentioned – as we consider them very important. It was great to have you here at the Kalliston and we hope to see you again soon.

Please be informed of our recent achievements; The Kalliston was awarded as the BEST Adults Only hotel in the world in 2015 from all guests of TUI Nordic and UK. This is the highest recognition among 55 adults only hotels from all over the world. Since July 2015, we also hold five TripAdvisor stars, a classification awarded to less than 1% of all the hotels in the world.

It will be great to have you back with us in the future.

Thank you for your time and support!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

After booking our holidays more than 3 months ago and, being a new hotel, we were a bit apprehensive about our stay at Kalliston Atlantica. Upon arrival we were offered, by the spa ladies, fresh orange juice. The check in procedure was different but very swift and fast, I liked it! We stayed at an ocean view room. The room had great views, it was clean and had a good size. We were given a fresh bottle of water everyday (free of charge). The internet connection, as previously mentioned on others reviews, was very slow and not reliable at all, something that the hotel needs to work on!! The beach is lovely, plenty of sunbeds on the beach and also around the pool. The only thing that lets down the hotel is its location. The hotel is located near a very busy road and, when on the beach, you can see/hear buses/cars going around all day, very unpleasant if you're trying to relax! If it wasn't for that it would be a perfect hotel. It was my first time in Greece, but I really enjoyed it. It's worth going to Chania (return ticket on the bus costs 2euros) as the Port is gorgeous and has plenty of traditional greek restaurants.
But what makes the hotel is definitely the staff. There are no words enough to describe how they all were amazing. Always with a smile on their faces, always in a good mood and always making us feel welcomed. Great staff! We went all inclusive and I must say the food was good and there was enough food for every one's taste. The only thing that was unpleasant was, whilst on the Italian restaurant, we order a pepperoni pizza that, when arrived at the table had peppers but no pepperoni.we reported this to the manager and inform him that the menu should be amended as in fact it should say peppers and no pepperoni. Otherwise, it was a lovely stay!

7 Thank MafyPreston17

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The warning first: Try to avoid the rooms with street view. It'a busy street. So you get traffic noise, emissions and worst view for the price of a five star hotel. Even worst: The room at the bar hotel with all kind of noise all day.

Good breakfast buffet for all tastes. Pool menu ok but we didn't for thr lunch open Greek buffet.

Nice pool, gras & sandy beach area but hard to find free sun beds if you arrive too late in the morning.

Gym a bit outdated but ok for the hobby fitness guy / girl.

Room is tiny but clean with a small fridge. A pity that you can't make your own ice cubes.

WiFi included in the price but slow and not suited for work. Goes up and down.

No use to check for restaurants in the close area. They are a catastrophy. Take the buss to Chania instead.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank KonstantinIrina

Dear Esteemed Guest,

It will be great to have you back with us in the future.

Thank you for your time and support!

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Arrival

What can I say? The hotel is beautiful from check in and doesn't end there!check in was swift and fast. Upon arrival, we were greeted with fresh orange juices and the Spa ladies with cold refreshing towels for our hands/faces. We drank them on the main bar terrace with a stunning view of the complex and most excellent view of the sea. Once we finished our drinks, we just acknowledged the bell boy and he escorted us to our room with our cases. They work hard these boys so I gave a generous tip! They deserve it!

Room & Weather

The weather is brilliant which you could guess for the time of the year for Crete. 30 degrees every day. June is the best time of the year as July and most certainly August becomes to humid and hot and it spoils it for me.

The room we had was a swim up room with sea view. I will post pictures of this once home as the Internet connection isn't very reliable when everyone is on it at the same time. Yes, I'm currently sat here next to my own private pool on my terrace writing a review. I do not want to leave! The room was superb. Nice size with lovely bathroom and good tv size. You walk onto the terrace and then before your eyes your walk in pool and opposite two private beds for you two only! All beds have mattresses so they are comfortable. No one else can use these. Simon Webb from Blue was at our hotel and he tried to use our beds but was promptly ushered off them! I had a couple of nice chats with him whilst away on holiday. He is a lovely chap. He was away with his girlfriend enjoying a relaxing holiday. The bar is meters away but the bar maid always comes back to take drinks requests and fetches them for you! The service of all the staff is second to none and is most excellent. The hotel manager keeps a tight ship!

The cleaners are great. Work very hard. Bedding and all towels for pool/beech and bathroom are changed daily. Water topped up daily in your minibar and so are the shower gels which by the way are all Molton Brown.

Food & Service

Food and drinks are excellent! Firstly ill start with the drinks. The red and rose wine isn't up to much. Being a huge wine fan I've always thought Greek wine isn't up to much but you can buy a selection of wines not included in your package. Whilst I'm thinking about it, DON'T BOOK HALF BOARD!!! Very expensive otherwise and is pointless in my opinion. The white wine is nice though! Not too acidic.

The food is brilliant! Plenty to go around and very nice setting. On the sea view terrace and the quality is excellent. Not much to say on that matter! Just great.

There are five restaurants. The main buffet area which is stunning and great. Best I've ever been too! I'm sure you'll agree. The Wine Cellar restaurant we booked to go to but changed our minds as we couldn't be bothered towards the end. You pay for this but as a member of the hotel you get 20% off the bill.

They have a Greek, Italian and Asian restaurant too. Didn't go to any of these so cannot comment - sorry.

Pool Service

The pool service is great. Everything at the hotel is relaxed and quiet. The hotel itself is for couples wanting the sun, privacy and a quiet environment. Nobody is up at the crack of dawn to bed reserve. This is not allowed at any time. The pool staff quickly remove your towel if you do this. I'm always up for 5am reading my book on the terrace and I've seen this. I can only assume those people are from a country beginning with the letter "G". Most of the residents here are English. Most couples are 35+. Perfect place for affluent young couples also.

Evening Entertainment

Entertainment is extremely low key so don't expect much! I wouldn't say this is a negative or a complaint but bingo and a afternoon/evening quiz would be perfect. The hotel is newly built and open so things can change! I wouldn't book here for entertainment in the evening.

Spa

The spa is lovely. Nice a tranquil with professional staff. I had a treatment called Marta Kodo for 85 mins. €80. Was worth every penny. There are plenty of treatments from traditional Swedish and anti stress up to the 3 hour dream treatment which is €190. I was going to pick that but I haven't got patience to be mauled over for 3 hours by selective ladies. Not my thing ;)

General Stuff

Overall it's perfect! Nothing to complain about. The wifi is weak when everybody is using it but that's nothing really. The hotel has a shop, not up to much but I only bought a post card. Didn't go to the Thomson next day meeting. Pointless. I don't like listening to meetings and told about the hotel. Ill find that stuff myself if I want to.

I'm already booking direct with the hotel from November for my return next June!

Hope my review was worth reading. If you need to know anything else, direct message me!

Ash

Room Tip: If you get a swim up room, ask for room 115. Best room going! Try and stay away from the "L&quo...
10 Thank Ashley S

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went there with my wife for 5 days. Everything was excellent. The hotel,the facilities, the swimming pools. All the staff are very kind and polite and are there anytime you need them to help you out. I highly recommended the hotel.

3 Thank Mariosn8

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Have just returned (14th june 2013), what a fantastic place.. The Hotel was amazing!! Really clean, excellent food, friendly staff. Location was ideal, straight onto a beautiful beach, ideal for an afternoon stroll! Every evening the meal were different, plenty of selection and never a problem of getting somewhere nice to sit. We did not stay in the hotel of an evening, so can not comment on the evening entertainment. But highly recommend a Taverna called Piata, its just out of the hotel on the left. We spent 10 glorious days at this complex and would definately go again. There have been lots of work done to the hotel, its very modern and everything is highs spec, our room number was 218, this overlooked the beach and pool areas. I am thinking of going again in September.

11 Thank debsleather1958

#1 of 11 in Kato Daratso
Amalthia Beach Resort
Amalthia Beach Resort
#12 of 108 in Chania Town

Been to SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA? Share your experiences!