TUI SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ammos Hotel(Agii Apostoli)
Yakinthos Hotel(Agii Apostoli)
  • Bar/Lounge
Domes Noruz Chania(Kato Daratso)
View Hotel
Hotel Telhinia Studios(Agii Apostoli)
Helios Apartments(Agii Apostoli)
  • Free Internet
1,292 results
All reviewsswim up roomlobby barhalf boardmain restaurantmanagement teamgreek restauranta la carte restaurantsevening entertainmentsea viewwine cellaraqua barall inclusive packagefabulous hotelgala nightthe general managerlow keyroom number
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had like, everyone, scoured trip advisor well before I booked my holiday. My partner and I both work in a hotel, so when we read reviews there are some things that we read that we can understand why things are done the way they are. We see reviews and think it's probably not that bad people are just exaggerating, we understand how it works behind the scenes.

So looking at the reviews of the Atlantica kalliston we were very pleased. It all looked perfect and relaxing and there were hardly any bad reviews if any.

We booked with Thomson for all inclusive for 7 nights, we chose to go for the sea view room choice because yes the road was noisy but hey it's a sea view not a bad life!
We also booked with them to have a stay at gatwick airport which included airport parking for the whole time we were away, much cheaper than booking separately.
When we arrived in Greece there were 3 Thomson ladies, very easy to spot, who where there to help us get to the hotel. They were welcoming and helpful, asking us about where we were staying and then told us what number our bus to the hotel would be.
On the bus we were given a registration form, which we filled out before they started moving, making our lives much easier when checking in.
When we arrived at the hotel, the bus driver found our luggage and brought it in for us, where we we're meet with a welcome drink and hot towel to freshen up.
We went to our room and dropped off any excess luggage, just in time for lunch.
After popping down to the Greek tavern for some very good lunch, lots of choice, we arrived back at our room with our suitcases waiting for us.
After unpacking we went for a wonder around the beautiful hotel and beach area.

At the hotel during check in, we were told that there would be a welcome talk the next day. At the welcome talk we were offered a drink (orange juice or an ouzo cocktail like sambuca) and a little sample of one of the two of diamonds, a very talented young man. There they explained about excursions and places nearby to visit.

We stopped off the in the bar before dinner and every night we were greeted by the happy face of 'Elina' she was a pleasure to talk to and very hospitable. As we were all inclusive, we didn't pay for the many piña coladas I had or the mojitos my partner had. However there was never any pressure to tip, but because of the prompt and brilliant service we received, we were more than happy to tip on many occasions.

We tipped in the main restaurant, which may have been a bit odd for some people as it was all buffet service, but 'Alexis' was so on the ball with drinks and always keeping your wine and water glasses topped up, that we happily left tips in the box on the way out of the restaurant.

Now I read a review about someone complaining about the lack of drinks on the menu for the all inclusive choice, i found there to be A LOT of choice and I will be uploading pictures of the menu. Every item's price that has two ** next to it are inclusive which is a lot with a wide variety. It includes lots of cocktails, spirits, brandy, rum, liqueurs, soft drinks, Pepsi, lemonade, juice, water, bottles of wine! Etc.

I didn't use the spa area but it was always tidy and clean.

Now the pools, yes they are colder than you'd probably prefer, but when the temperatures are 28°C or higher and you're just sitting in the sun soaking up all the heat it'll feel even colder. My advice, there are showers by the pools stand under those until you feel a little chilly then the pool feels quite nice. Or alternatively jump in the pool for a couple of seconds then go straight to the sea and the sea becomes lovely and warm, a bit like having a bath. The sea was clean and clear, I could easily see all the little fishes swimming around us.

We ate in the Italian one night and that was delicious, the environment was romantic and relaxing. The food was incredible and you could see the pizzas being prepared and then cooked in the pizza oven.

All in all this was one of the best holidays I have ever been on. I think Thomson helped a lot with making the holiday as good as it was. The staff and food also helped a lot. I took €380 with me and came back with €300. I had no need for money aside from tips and the occasional non inclusive drink.

I wish i didn't have to leave but unfortunately real life beckoned and we finished up our best holiday until the next time I can get back to the kalliston.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Martha7691
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at TUI SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive review and feedback, which we will use constructively in an effort to perfect our services even more and make Atlantica Kalliston the best “adults only” resort in Crete.

The Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa team strives daily to present personalized service to all its guests; your positive respond and your warm comments will encourage the whole team to keep up the good work in order to achieve our ultimate goal: to exceed your expectations. It becomes even greater when it comes from hospitality colleagues like yourselves.

In 2013 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Medal. The TripAdvisor reviewers that visited Atlantica Kalliston in 2013, rated it at 96% in overall guest satisfaction. That is why we were awarded with the Travelers’ choice Award 2013 which is given to less than 1% of all the accommodations listed on Tripadvisor.

We all look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Thank you for your time and honest support!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I have just spent two weeks at this lovely hotel. We were also upgraded from a sea view room to one with a Jacuzzi and large balcony. The staff are very friendly and helpful and cannot do enough for you. The buffet food in the main restaurant is excellent with such a variety and well prepared food. There is even a diet section to choose from, if you are feeling guilty. We did have one meal in the Italian Restaurant which was very good but we thought rather expensive. The hotel is very well situated for Chania and by bus only costs 2 euros each way.
Hired a car from Maria of Speedwell situated in the hotel and would definitely recommend her as her rates were very reasonable and Maria is very knowledgeable and gave us a map with many directions of places to visit during our 5 day car hire.
Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request sea view rather than street view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rosemary09

Dear Esteemed Guest,

In 2013 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Medal and TUI Nordic guests awarded us with the silver medal of the “Blue Awards”. The TripAdvisor reviewers that visited Atlantica Kalliston in 2013, rated it at 96% in overall guest satisfaction. That is why we were awarded with the Travelers’ choice Award 2013 which is given to less than 1% of all the accommodations listed on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to seeing you back to Kalliston soon.

Thank you for your time and your support!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here in July this year and I can honestly say that it was one of the best sun holidays that I have ever had.
This resort is a must. It is spotless, great food, staff are so friendly and provide fantastic service. It is a couples only resort which I had not experienced before, but it was the best!
We enjoyed meeting the staff at an evening reception and the manager was a fantastic guy who appeared at every opportunity to check all was well.
Please can I add that you get the most fantastic reception on arrival. Hot towels and the most delicious fresh orange juice.
All in all a most fantastic place. We have booked to return in 2014 and can't wait!

Room Tip: High floor and sea view was great. We didn't want to pay the extra for swim up room and were still very pleased, not sure that we would have used it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela O
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at TUI SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive review and feedback We will use it constructively in an effort to perfect our services even more and make Atlantica Kalliston the best “adults only” resort in Crete.

We, at Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa, strive daily to present personalized service to all our guests. Your positive respond and your warm comments will encourage our team to keep on perfecting our services in order to exceed your expectations.

In 2013 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Medal and TUI Nordic guests awarded us with the silver medal of the “Blue Awards”. The TripAdvisor reviewers that have visited Atlantica Kalliston have rated us at 96% in overall guest satisfaction. We all wish our guests to be happy and to see them back in our hotel over and over again.

I look forward to seeing you next year.

Thank you for your time and support!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Atlantica Kalliston......How can I begin to describe this absolute gem. From the minute I arrived I was greeted with warm, friendly and attentive staff, a nice cold orange juice and a cold flannel to cool us down from the baking heat. The hotel was absolutely spotless throughout, the room was fantastic with lovely sheets, clean towels but also a fruit basket and water complimentary to the guests. The bed was large and comfortable and the room had a beautiful balcony with incredible views and within seconds of the staff taking our bags at reception so we could just relax on the terrace, the bags swiftly made their way to the room by yet another happy and attentive member of staff. There are absolutely NO faults with this hotel - it completely exceeded all our expectations in every single way. The cleaners were also very, very delightful and on many occasions we would stop for a brief chat. Every single member of staff including the owner provided the most excellent service, they never faltered and not one of them could improve because they all emphasised 5* class in every way. I went with my partner in late June/early July and yet the hotel was fairly balanced, no crowding around the bars or pools, a happy balance. I will definitely be back without a doubt, I would go tomorrow if I had the money. If you think of visiting elsewhere DON'T, you would be missing one hell of an opportunity, trust me on this. Excellent pools, great location, friendly staff, amazing delicious food with bags of variety and diversity (something there for everyone, vegetarian or non-vegetarian this hotel has it covered). The chefs are very enthusiastic as well as were all the staff. I left this hotel crying my eyes out simply not wanting to leave, it's very rare that a place can have such an effect on me. Just goes to show what you can find....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Zmaragda S
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at TUI SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

thank you for your positive review and feedback.
It is very important for all of us and it gives us a lot of strength in order to achieve all our future goals.

We, at Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa, strive daily to present personalized service to all our guests. I will make sure that everyone in our team knows about your positive respond and your warm comments.

I definitely look forward to seeing you back this year.

Thank you for your time and your support!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in June 2013 on a half-board basis. It couldn't have been any better.

The hotel is superb. We were upgraded from a sea-view to a room with a Jacuzzi pool, which made our stay even better. Décor is modern and tasteful, and the hotel overall was well-maintained and clean. The room we stayed in was comfortable and quiet.

Staff, from front-desk to the restaurants and poolside bars, were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Each visit to the main buffet restaurant, we were met by a smiling waiter, and service was swift.

Food-wise, it was ok. There was a good choice on offer in the evenings, it was cooked to a decent standard, but let's be reasonable here - it's not exactly Galvin at Windows, so it was the sort of thing you'd expect from a buffet. Desserts, as always, were great.

The beach, although not private, was clean, and the sea was clear on days when it wasn't windy and choppy. The grounds and swimming pools were well-maintained and clean. There is a relaxed atmosphere, although bagging sun loungers can sometimes be a mission in the mornings, as people get up early and start frying their pale skin from the crack of dawn.

Kalliston Atlantica appears to be very popular with Scandinavians, which would explain why over 60% of guests didn't speak English. I'm fine with this fact. I've never met a Swedish chav. Consequently, there weren't any idiots present during our stay.

With the above in mind, I would visit again, although I appear to have got lucky and found a deal that cost half of what the hotel now charges. Still, I'd say it's well worth it, and I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms with a private Jacuzzi on the balcony and sea view really made our stay. Save a bit of money by going half-board, and buy baguettes from the poolside bar for about €5, instead of visiting the restaurants for lunch where you can easily spend €30 per day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank James G
Dimitris P, Διευθυντής at TUI SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for your positive review and feedback which gives us strength to work harder; we all really appreciate your nice words. It was great to have you here at the Kalliston and we hope to see you soon.

In 2014 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Award and the TripAdvisor reviewers that have visited Atlantica Kalliston, have rated us at 97.5 in overall guest satisfaction. We currently hold five TripAdvisor stars, a classification awarded to less than 1% of all the hotels in the world.

It will be great to have you back with us in the near future.

Thank you for your time and support!