“A fantastic holiday”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Northampton UK
“A fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Let me first say I am your worst nightmare as far as reviews go! I hate kids, weddings and locals abusing the hotel facilites ( due to previous holidays in cyprus) but none of this was an issue at this hotel. To be honest I am fairly easy going although enjoyed the previous holidays my husband and I have had in Cyprus there have been small issues that have annoyed us. Our holiday in Crete had none of these! Our room was lovely although strange that we had to go outside the hotel to get to the room and probably as far from reception as you could get - not a problem for us but maybe for people with walking difficulties. Although the Kaliistan is a big hotel it doesn't feel it. There are four pools - we choose the pool with the pool bar and stayed there most of our holiday - not difficult to get a sun bed - there were usually beds free up to 10 am. Food was good - buffett style although you got 2 free al a carte meals, 1 in the Greek taverana and 1 in the italian restaurant if you had booked all inclusive. I have to also mention the beds - its the best bed I have slept in! They are apparently memory foam don't know what the pillows were made of but they were also really comfortable. I also have to comment on the packed lunch provided by the hotel on one of our trips. The best we have every had. They provided 4 baguettes ( 2 ham, cheese and salad and two smoked turkey slices and salad, with seperate cucumber, tomato, water & orange juice and sponge cake slices).
To me this was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had with Thomson. The staff are a credit to the Kalliston and are too numerous to mention. A lovely holiday - Thank you Kallaiston

Room Tip: Choose either a pool view or sea view - swim up rooms nice but no one seems to use them
6 Thank PDR50
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
August, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback. It is very encouraging and inspiring for all of us. Your positive respond and your warm comments really make our efforts worthwhile and I will share them with the whole Kalliston team.

In 2013 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Medal and TUI Nordic guests awarded us with the silver medal of the “Blue Awards”. The TripAdvisor reviewers that have visited Atlantica Kalliston in 2013-2014 have rated us at 96.7% in overall guest satisfaction.

We all value your views and it is only by listening to you that we can improve our products and services.

Thank you for helping us and hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hudders
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 amazing weeks at the kalliston. From the moment we arrived it was pure luxury. The perfect choice for our honeymoon. We checked in without really noticing and were quickly shown to our room. Wow, it was stunning with our own sun-beds just across from our pool. Champagne and fruit and a heart made from towels with rose petals on our bed.
The staff are exceptional. We stayed in 103 and had the best house maid. The bar staff, restaurant staff, fitness instructor Tania and entertainment Tasha were fantastic. Seeing the management staff everyday seating guests and chatting was great. They were all so personable.
There is nothing we would change, this place is a must. We have booked for May 2015.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Phillip C
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback. It will really encourage us in order to make Atlantica Kalliston the best “adults only” resort in the Mediterranean. I am very happy you enjoyed your honeymoon with us.

We, at Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa, strive daily to present personalized service to all our guests. Your positive respond and your warm comments really make our efforts worthwhile and I will share them with the whole Kalliston team.

In 2013 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Medal and TUI Nordic guests awarded us with the silver medal of the “Blue Awards”. The TripAdvisor reviewers that have visited Atlantica Kalliston in 2013-2014 have rated us at 96.14% in overall guest satisfaction.

I definitely look forward to seeing you back with us in the future to celebrate your "anniversaries".

Londoner
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just returned from our 2nd visit to this fantastic hotel and can't praise it highly enough. It is perfectly situated on a spotless sandy private beach where you can sunbathe for free under a parasol.Alternatively there are plenty of sunbeds around the swimming pools and my particular favourite pastime was relaxing in the jacuzzi sipping a cocktail from the beach bar! Both times we have stayed in a sea view double room on the 2nd floor of the main building (210 and 213). and for us they were perfect with a fantastic view and easy access to restaurant, bar, lobby and pool. Bed is huge and comfortable, linen changed daily, large white soft bath towels, hairdryer, bath robes and slippers. Fridge regularly replenished with bottled water. Room kept spotless by the hardworking cleaning staff. The food at this hotel is exceptional. There is definitely something for everyone and even a diabetic corner at breakfast. We were 'all inclusive' and lunch was served at the Greek Taverna overlooking the beach. There is also an Italian restaurant where you can view amazing sunsets. The food is excellent and all inclusive guests can eat there once as part of their package.
In my opinion it is the staff that make this hotel extra special. The hotel Manager Dimitris and Operations Manager Arisitidis run a tight ship and are constantly patrolling to make sure everything is running smoothly. They are both friendly and approachable and enjoy chatting to the guests, The beach bar staff are fantastic - Petalas Arkis, Antonis, Vasilis, Ionela and all the others whose names I can't remember. Also special praise for Maria and Andrei who work their socks off. I would also like to thank Elina in the Lobby Bar who always welcomed us with a smile and remembered our favourite drinks. The maitre d's in the restaurant Melina and Amalia were chatty, friendly and efficient and our lovely waitress Roze, who had the biggest smile in Greece, made all our mealtimes a pleasure. I would also like to thank Maria in Reception for all the help she gave us.

We were hoping to return for a 3rd visit in September but the hotel is fully booked. I wonder why???

6 Thank Nellie36
Dimitris P, Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 5 July 2015
Dear Nelie,

I would like to thank you for your positive review and feedback, which we will use constructively in an effort to perfect our services even more and make Atlantica Kalliston the best “adults only” resort in Greece.
We, at Atlantica Kalliston Resort and Spa, strive daily to present personalized service to all our guests. Your positive respond and your warm comments will encourage the whole team which will keep on perfecting our services in order to exceed your expectations.
In 2014 TUI UK guests awarded our accommodation services with the Gold Award and the TripAdvisor reviewers that have visited Atlantica Kalliston, have rated us at 97.5 in overall guest satisfaction. We currently hold five TripAdvisor stars, a classification awarded to less than 1% of all the hotels in the world.
We all wish our guests to be happy and to see them back in our hotel over and over again.
I definitely look forward to seeing you next year.
Thank you for your time and your continuous support!

Best Regards,

Wirral
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from another fantastic week in a different Atlantica hotel, having spent the previous two years at the Imperial in Rhodes. I agree with all the positive reviews about this hotel. The service and attention to detail are second to none.
The positives for me from the Imperial are the branded spirits and the beer which were both definitely better at the Kalliston so it wins hands down. Also the dinning area is smaller and much more formalised of an evening, which is better.
The beach was unbelievable with soft sand and a very gradually sloping gradient and the sea so warm whereas I hated the shingle beach in Rhodes.
There is not much difference in the rooms sizes and if anything being smaller in the Kalliston but my vote goes to them because of little things like the maids coming back early evening and turning back the bed corner, leaving you a bottle of water at the bed side and a small sweet.
The food in my view (Vegetarian, wife not) is better at the Imperial. I would say if anything there was more choice at the Imperial certainly of a lunch time. I didn't have to look at the Kalliston choices I knew exactly what would be there most days. However it was really nice to eat in the beach side "Greek" restaurant in the Kalliston.
In terms of the entertainment this is not normally a big thing for me personally. In the Kalliston it is more laid back as they do not have a natural area for it. It took place in 3 areas whilst we were there, the Aqua Bar, Pool Bar and Lobby Bar, the biggest of the three areas. The Lobby bar was the biggest area. There is no set stage area whereas in the Imperial there was a fairly large stage area and a more varied entertainment schedule, not just the resident duo. So if you like your entertainment then it's the Imperial.
I preferred the lay out and "chill out" areas in the Imperial it has a much more impressive reception area and lobby. It also has a an area where you can get away from the boiling heat of the day in covered loungers. This is a massive area for improvement at the Kalliston.
So which wins. I suppose like everything in life and is why we are all different it's down to personal preferences. There are major pluses to both. I think and only very marginally and the tipping point might even be nothing to do with hotels - Chania airport is awful- then it's just and only just the Imperial for me.
I've tried to be totally honest in comparing two superb hotels and it really does get down to fine detail.

7 Thank eileen63wirral

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review and feedback both for the Kalliston and the Imperial in Rhodes. I wiull share it with Mr Christos Georganas.

I definitely look forward to seeing you back with us in the future at the Kalliston or the Imperial.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Came back few days ago and this hotel truly is as nice as everyone writes here. One of the best places we've ever been. Bit pricey if you're not all inclusive. We were breakfast only. Ate few lunches in a snack bar and Greek tavern and one dinner in Italian. They were okay but honestly not the best we had in our trip. There are several choices to eat nearby for cheaper and better. Take your pick go left or right from hotel. The breakfast was brilliant though. Enough choices for healthy and not so healthy :)
We had pool view room in newer side of hotel. Saw the beautiful sea as well and lovely sunsets from our room. Room was lovely and bed truly was one of the most comfortable ever. Weird thing was there wasn't "don't disturb" sign to put on room door and when we got one it was taken from our door next day. Didn't bother asking for new one. You get one liter bottle water in the morning and two small bottles in the evening. That was nice.
The staff was nice and we always got help for things we needed. They booked our trips and as we had a night flight back home and we checked out from our room midday, we got a chance to spend the whole day sunbathing and take a shower in a empty room before our ride to airport came. You just needed to book it day before. All free.
The free wifi in my opinion was not so good. Didn't really work in our room and was slow quite often and crashed too often. Worked fine in common areas though.
Loved the fact the hotel is so close to the sea. Swam there every day. It's clean, sandy and shallow for long.
There are plenty of sun beds but people do reserve them. The best ones are taken very early in the morning. If you want to have a sun bed in shade you have to look for it if you come to the pool area after 11am. After 3-4 it's easier to find a good spot.
Buy a bus ticket to Chania from the mini market in hotel, it's 1,5€. Ticket back is 1,1€ at least when you buy it in Chania. Lovely place and did some nice shopping there. Bus ride took 15-25min depending on traffic. Taxi was 8€.

Book trips from local travel agencies. Are much cheaper. There are several places around where you can get brochures. Book there or take brochures and ask hotel reception to help you book them.

We had lovely holiday and will definitely come back someday.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Katjawho
Dimitris P, Γενικός Διευθυντής at SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
August, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is only by listening to your constructive comments that we can improve even more.

Thank you for that!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for two weeks end of June. This hotel is very hard to fault. From staff to management they all work hard together a few come to my mind. Stelios the barman in the aqua bar and Roz who was a waitress. There were many more but we didn't catch the names of them. Book a sea view room it's well worth the money. We both had a massage really recommend it. Food was great. Plenty of choice. Drinks plentiful shall we say!! Gin o'clock with friends was a great way to finish a hard day relaxing. The other thing that we loved was the beach and the sea. Easy access to the sea lovely beach. Plenty of Sun beds. This was the first hotel that we didn't feel pressurised into getting up to bag our Sun bed..... A fabulous holiday. Book up now.

5 Thank Angie1_12

Dear Guest,

I definitely look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Woking
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday and best hotel we've been to and will book again next year. We find it difficult to fault. Booking in is easy as you take a seat, get a drink and let the staff do the work and deliver your suitcases to the room. Ours was not massive but rarely stayed in it as we enjoyed the sun . It was clean with good air-con.

The food was fantastic and can't understand previous negative comment. A wide selection of food and didn't get bored at all. The fish was especially good. ( I put on 7lbs- that's how good it was )

Supporting the food were great drinks including branded spirits with a large selection ( vodka and slushpuppy anyone ?)

Most of all the staff made this holiday. All were polite , friendly, smart and happy in their work. We never heard them moan throughout the 2 weeks and worked long hours tirelessly. I am probably doing some an injustice by omitting some but of note were Stelios , Elina, Tanya, Tasha and Andres who provided great service. They were supported by a highly visible management team.

Entertainment for us was at the right level with DNA and then studio 54. Talented musicians and would recommend the 'blankets on the beach evening. This is a quiet hotel and thankfully no nightclub or animation team with the dreaded hotel song. A pleasant mixture of nationalities who all blended well.

The pools were clean , at a pleasant temperature and particularly enjoyed the circular spa tub. You can sit in their, enjoy a drink, take the sun and listen to the music-bliss.

A short transit from the airport and a 20 minute ride into Chania with its spectacular harbour

Well worth a visit and intend to return next year

3 Thank gail_smith480
Dear Mr. Smith,

I definitely look forward to seeing you next year.
Thank you for your time and your continuous support!

Best Regards,

#12 of 109 in Chania Town
Yakinthos Hotel
Yakinthos Hotel
#3 of 12 in Agii Apostoli

Been to SENSIMAR KALLISTON Resort & Spa by ATLANTICA? Share your experiences!