“Exceeded every expectation”

Liostasi Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chora
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Where to begin. We stayed in executive room 11 for 4 nights in the week of 20 June and I must say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Everything about it is spot on: the location (easy access to port and town and incredible views over the bay), the design (a lovely mix and match of design classics which feels effortless and unpretentous), the music by the pool, the rates, the room decor (very minimalist and peaceful with excellent beds - room 11 also has a massive terrace)... The attention to detail is superb. But the best thing really is the staff: they are friendly, helpful, charming and chatty without being overly familiar and you get the feeling that they truly enjoy working there (and why wouldn't they if you look at the place). Excellent breakfast too. Very impressive.

Why is it however that boutique hotels must always have leaky showers? I am still waiting on the first hotel to disprove my theory. It is a small detail in the grand scheme of things but if Liostasi could just fix that one thing it would be absolutely faultless. Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Johanvdb

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I spent my anneversary together with my family and friends at Liostasi Hotel and I am over the moon!! Fantastic rooms with breathtaking view, a lovely poolarea and SPA.
The staff is very proffessional and helpful - we had a lovely dinner in the sunset all together 17 people at Grandma´s beside the pool.
It couldn´t be better than this! I will certainly come back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We were recommended this hotel by a good friend who stayed here 3yrs ago - turns out that recommendation was one of the best wedding gifts we received. This is now our favourite hotel - you simply cant belive how good the overall experience was. The hotel is spotless and beautifully lit at night - the restaurant (Grandma's) is superb, but it is the staff and their care which sets it apart from others.
We were made to feel so special from the moment we arrived at the port - a free transfer to the hotel certainly helped! Our suite was fantastic and superbly furnished. The pool beautiful and the overall atmosphere was so relaxed.
Nightly cocktails overlooking the bay and the sunset disappearing over the hills will be an unforgetable memory.
Definately one to visit!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

It was an ideal choice for our one day stop in Ios. The room is really pretty and cosy with a spacious balcony and comfortable daybed.
Stylish boutique hotel with a bohemian touch in our room =) Just loved it!
After reading some of the negative comments posted, I guess the hotel had taken all into consideration as the lady manager and colleagues we've met are really warm and friendly. Prompt in service and catered to our requests fast as we were hoping to stay in this particular room with the turquoise armchair too. Our dream came true! Thanks Liostasi Ios Hotel!
Even though the hotel is not really in the heart of the town 'chora' but it was what we were looking for, a romantic and relaxing day with a fantastic view by the Jacuzzi. Fabulous!
We were greeted with a quaint and quiet Ios town/chora after a 7mins walk uphill in mid May as the summer pack are not in town yet.
Nevertheless, a romantic escapade for honeymooners =)
A point to know: Maybe more racks for our luggages and hooks for bathrobes and towels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We left Liostasi wiith mixed feelings. On the plus side, the pool area is wonderful, with great views out over the bay. Our room was very nice, but without much of a view. Naturally, the website focuses on the best rooms, but from what we saw, the standard of rooms is quite variable so be careful which you book - you might end up in one that doesn't look anything like the ones on the site. I guess that like most things, it comes down to price - in the peak season, some rooms are shown as being close to 400 euro a night which is absurd, but for 100 euro, a room with a decent view would be worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john_caradoc
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Liostasi is a small cosy and luxury hotel at a very reasonnable price.
Rooms are very comfortable and very clean.
Personnel and service is really top and you only experience smiling people serving you. It's like being in heaven with angels all around you.
The restaurant is of a high level.
The location is incredible and when you arrive there you wouldn't expect such a beautiful view. All round the swimming pool you are having a beautiful breakfast in the morning, a lunch at noon and dinner during the marvellous sunsets day in day out. Nice soft music is played from the morning till the evening.
Impossible to say what I liked the best because everything is perfect.
It's the third time that I am coming to this hotel and there will certainly follow more stays in the future.
Thank you to all the staff and direction of the Liostasi for making this place so pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I ended up staying at this hotel because the first hotel I booked at had bed bugs (francesco's). This hotel is a gem in Ios, it is the only hotel I recommend on the island. The pool area is the best part with comfortable lounging chairs, amazing pool, great view & a nice bar. I found the price of drinks fairly reasonable. The staff were very helpful & accomodating although the driver wasn't the friendliest. They picked & dropped me off from the port which was nice. The room was basic but spotless. In terms of the island it is catered to a very yound crowd so I primarily stayed in the hotel for my stay. If you are looking for a relaxing, serene place I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank SKSKSK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chora
Brothers Hotel
#3 of 5 in Chora
Yialos Ios Hotel
Yialos Ios Hotel
#4 of 42 in Ios

Been to Liostasi Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!