i will not go into detail about the hotel's design, view and Ios itself as I think it has been sufficiently covered by previous reviews and I loved all three. My main points relate to service and hospitality. We stayed at Liostasi hotel for two weeks in July. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in Ios visiting incredible deserted beaches and chilling in the evenings at the bar of the hotel. Spiros and Rosela at reception were very kind and helpful in providing us with best tips for restaurants and beaches.
Now on to the bad points:
1. We racked up a very large bill over the two weeks staying in a junior suite and spending a lot of time at the hotel drinking and eating on a regular basis. We also used the spa facilities. As we were checking out, paying and finalising matters with reception a member of the management interrupted for a private word with the receptionist. I thought to myself they are probably going to discount something on the bill or offer something complimentary but instead was informed by the receptionist that they had made a mistake to the final bill which we had just paid and we actually owe 10 euros more!! Very insulting especially considering our bill was approximately 4000 euros and it was their mistake they could have let 10 euro go!!
2. We booked a junior suite significantly more expensive than the executive double. We found out once a friend came to stay in the double room that they are identical save for two loungers on the veranda!
3. A drink of vodka costs 15 euros same price as Nobu at Asteras Hotel the best resort in Athens! Come on Liostasi you are only a glorified family run hotel in Ios not exactly Nobu standard!
4. The breakfast staff are sweet girls but completely untrained. In Greek as with French we use the plural when speaking more formally or to strangers. I would greet the waitress in plural goodmorning and she would answer casually in singular "ah hi how are you?" Moreover throughout the morning only one girl serviced he whole pool area which is very busy making ordering a bit of a nightmare. Even more confusing is that you have to chase the staff to sign off the bill otherwise it is presented to you hours later and you have no idea who has drank and ate what or even worse unsigned bills assigned to your room are presented at check out and you are meant to remember that you had a diet coke five days ago by the pool. Obviously the staff are young and inexperienced hence cheap labour...mission accomplished for Liostasi! On a more positive note the bar waitress in the evening Karima is a star and much loved by all guests.
5. Complimentary hamper. When we booked part our offer included a complimentary picnic hamper for one day. We took the hamper which consisted of some fruit and water in a coolbox and found it very useful for the deserted beach we visited. As a result the next day we asked if we could take it with us again understanding there would obviously be a charge for it but not asking how much. Mistake! Our cool box included two apples, two bananas, two peaches and two bottles of still water. They charged us 25 euros!! Very greedy liostasi and quite frankly quite stupid because if you had charged us 10 or even 15 euros still allowing for a good mark-up for you we may have ordered it every day but you chose to rip us off bluntly and insult us again.
6. Spa - the hotel is described as a spa hotel. Not really applicable depending on what you are used to. It is run again by 2 young inexperienced girls. There is one treatment room so I received a manipedi in the same room practically in the dark in the same room as my partner who had booked a hotstone massage. When the girls are not busy giving treatments they can be found lingering around the pool area chatting with the bar staff and driver who also spends most of the day at the bar.
So visit Liostasi enjoy the design, view and the island of Ios but do not go unwarned that they will take you down the rip off path wherever possible and the service is definitely not what you pay for!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea View Luxury Boutique Hotel In Ios Caressed by the golden sun of the Cyclades, this dreamy luxury hotel in Ios, a select member of the exclusive hotel network Small Luxury Hotels of the World, welcomes guests to enjoy the finest luxury accommodation in Ios Island along with the most astonishing views to the azure sea. Set in an enviable location in Ios town this luxury sea view hotel offers the ideal choice for those seeking a relaxing getaway in this vibrant island of the Cyclades. Exclusive Luxury Hotel In Ios Island amongst the first luxury hotels in the island of Ios in Greece, this exclusive boutique hotel emanates a romantic atmosphere enhanced by the magical island views and the exuberant contemporary design. Small Luxury hotels of the World, places this romantic boutique hotel amidst the most preferred sea view hotels in Ios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Liostasi Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liostasi Sun Hotel
- Liostasi Sun Ios
- Liostasi Hotel & Suites Ios, Greece