So my sister and I decided to go island hopping in Greece without an agenda or any idea where'd we stay or what we'd do- only had a rough itinerary of the islands we would visit. We visited Crete, Santorini and Mykonos and quickly left each one because we just weren't "feeling" any of those islands. But it was in Mykonos, we came across a fellow traveller who'd just left Ios and went on and on about her amazing time there. She also told us about the resort she stayed in and how great the place was. We decided Ios, while not on the list of islands to visit on this trip, would be our next destination and we quickly scrapped our plans followed her advice.
Mike, the owner of Ios Resort, picked us up at the port once our ferry arrived. Don't let the muscles fool you...he's ADORABLE, times 10!!! It's a family operation, so we immediately felt embraced by the place. The rooms are cozy and inviting, the pool bar is always bumping, and the kitchen, let me just tell you, is immaculate! I know this because one day, I was just joking with Mike about how I haven't seen a kitchen in Greece. He told me to take a tour, to which I did, and I honestly didn't see one crumb on the floor! What?! I just saw him bring out a club sandwich for someone, so I know there was some cooking goin' on!
I can go on and on about this place and my review would be like 20 pages long, so I'll spare readers by summing it up:
1. Beautiful resort, great rooms, friendly & knowledgeable staff- they give the best recommendations for things to see and do while on the island
2. So cheap per night, I felt like I was stealing
3. Best mojitos in Greece- I should know, I drink a lot.
4. They make killer club sandwiches
5. Amazingly fun- I could have never left the resort and I would have still had a great time.
Thanks for making it the best, most fun and relaxing vacation EVER!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel that everyone is being raving about with its hospitality and friendliness. Just 2 minutes stumble from all bars and clubs and central bus stop this brand new hotel is a must in Ios island. Free transfer offered from us with our driver mike and the rest we make sure its perfect. Fully equipped hotel with best strawberry daiquiris and raspberry mojitos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ios Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ios Hotel Ios
- Ios Resort Hotel Greece