“Best hotel and manager, bar none!”
Review of Ios Resort Hotel

Ios Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chora
Sydney AUS
“Best hotel and manager, bar none!”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The reviews speak for themselves. But can I just add...

I must have been one of the most demanding guests ever! But the staff at Ios Resort were always ready to service my needs whether it be refreshments, or helping me locate my lost property.

After losing my wallet (and credit card) I had to inadvertantly extend my stay another night. Mike was extremely helpful, and took me to his mother's to sort out my needs. Upon which she even offered me some home cook Pastitsio!! The level of care and service for each and every guest is beyond professional, it is personal. And Mike's lively, vivacious personality means your excessive partying or desire to have some quieter moments is always taken with the best reception.

The only downside of this place, is you might forget to go checkout the awesome Mylopotas beach!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
Geelong
Reviewed 14 April 2010

If you are going to Ios, and if you are anywhere in the vicinity of the Mediterranean you must!, Please, please don't stay anywhere but here. O.k. it's the only place we stayed but nowhere on our whole european holiday compares to this place. If you like meeting people when you travel, Mike and Marrousa are the raddest two hosts you can get. It's way to cheap for what it is, have fun :)

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I stayed here in late May, was only booked for one night but from the moment Mike picked me up from the port I knew I wanted to stay longer. Before going to the hotel, he gave us an overview of the town. The hotel was far more than I expected as I booked it on a hostel site, this was more like a 5 star resort. I was only supposed to stay one night but ended up staying 8, when I couldn't book in again, they found me another place to stay, their sister resort run by mom and dad. They are both family run and makes you feel so at home. I will never stay anywhere else in Ios and can't wait to go back!!! If you go to Ios definitely stay here!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Chellann
Ireland
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I would highly recommend the ios resort! I stayed there with my 5 friends in a lovely cool and spacious room! The rooms are so cheap considering how central the ios resort is! It is very calm and relaxing yet so accessable to EVERYTHING! We stayed in another hotel in ios and it wasnt a patch on the ios resort! Im going back next year and every year if i can! Love the owners...esp. mike!! I'd 100% recommend it for couples, single travellers, or groups!! LOVED IT!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Southern Ca
Reviewed 25 September 2009

All the reviews are spot on for this hotel, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Mike was waiting to pick us up at the port even though our ferry was almost an hour late and on the ride up to the hotel he gave us a quick overview of the island. He mentioned potential activities as well as recommendations for nightlife and dining, also offering to show us around. Mike and Maroussa are wonderful hosts with superb customer service. During our trip my girlfriend fell ill and Mike was nice enough to make her some tea with honey and brandy. He worried about her and offered to take her to the hospital (although health insurance is free for travelers, this wasn't necessary but definitely appreciated!)

We found it to be wonderfully clean simply beautiful. The rooms are above average with all the basic amenities but have been updated recently. We were in room 17 which was perfect for me and my girlfriend (triple twin bed room with flat screen tv, mini fridge, vanity area, small closet, bathroom and balcony). Our friends were in room 15 which consisted pretty much of the same except their room also had a safe and just two twin beds.

The pool and bar area are wonderful and have a relaxed or lively vibe depending on the guests there. As the subject line notes, I'll never stay anywhere again. The prices for this hotel are wonderful (44EUR/night for double occupancy w/o breakfast) and worth more than what you pay!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This place certainly deserves all the great reviews it gets. Mike was very welcoming at the port and gave us a free transfer to the Hotel and gave us a quick orientation of the Chora.

The hotel is a perfect location very close to the nightlife yet peaceful and quiet at night and during the day. Rooms were very clean and modern with Ethernet access, flat screen tv's, a safe and aircon. There were even some speaker ports not sure what for someone maybe able to shed light on those? We had a triple room and twin room and both were very spacious with balconies overlooking the pool and Chora. Mike and Maroussa gave good recommendations on restaurants and bars. We would often see Mike out in the evening and its nice to have a drink with the owner of your hotel it all adds to that personal feeling.

We also got quad bikes for just a day to see a bit more of the island and I would say it was worth it but you dont need them the whole time your there. I didnt have a bad meal in any restaurant so try them all :-)

Overall Ios and the Ios resort are worth the effort of travelling to the island I will be back one day

London
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed at the Ios Resort Hotel in September and had such a great time there. Maroussa and Mike are fantastic hosts and are so friendly and welcoming that you feel like you're staying with family. The hotel itself is modern and clean and excellent value for money. The drinks at the hotel bar are also cheap and the hotel is a great place to meet people. This is an excellent hotel to stay with friends or if you're travelling alone.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chora
Brothers Hotel
#2 of 10 in Milopotas
Yialos Ios Hotel
Yialos Ios Hotel
#5 of 42 in Ios

Been to Ios Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!