“best trip of my life on Ios and staying at the Ios Resort Hotel”
Review of Ios Resort Hotel

Ios Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chora
Sydney, Australia
“best trip of my life on Ios and staying at the Ios Resort Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We had only read on the internet that Ios was the best island in Greece, AND that Ios Resort Hotel was the best place to stay on the island. Both exceeded my expectations. Travelled with 5 mates and stayed in two rooms at the Ios Resort Hotel. We were all very surprised with the accomodation. Rooms were very clean, decent sized TV inside rooms, very nice bathrooms, staff were very friendly, best banana shakes on the island, swimming pool was fantastic (great to lounge around during the heat), great bar facility, only a short 3 minute walk to the main centre (clubbing, eating etc). 5 stars all around.

we will definietely be returning to Ios AND staying at the Ios Resort Hotel.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I am currently staying at Ios Resort and I have to say that it has surpassed my expectations. I would strongly suggest staying here as it has a great pool with a great bar...they also have wireless internet. For the money, it's great!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Tirol
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I recommend this hotel to all that travel to Ios. Very helpful, friendly and nice family. Clean and comfortable rooms with A/C, fridge, TV, safe box, hair dryer, private shower, telephone and a private balcony. Very nice pool and poolbar with many drinks. Try Marushas raspberry Mojito!! delicious!!!! I am a guest since 2004 and in IosResort I feel like home. A big thanks to our Ios Family Marusha, Mike, Ios-Mama and Ios-Papa!!
manny hugs from Austria,
Hannes

Ios, Greece
Reviewed 5 July 2010

At the moment I am staying at IOS resort and I must say that it is the nicest of all the hotels on the island. Great staff, great location, beautiful hotel. Best place in IOS.

Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Holland
Reviewed 4 July 2010

A friend booked this place for me and my friend. Maroussa and Mike are great hosts, along with their 2 dogs, and gave us a very warm welkom. We stayed here for 8 nights in June. The resort looks great and is very comfortable. At the poolside bar they serve the best frappés and smoothies. The location is really good as the walk into the village of Chora was less than 5 minutes.
When you visite Ios, you must stay at the Ios Resort, have a delicious dinner at a restaurant called Katoy and go for a trip by bus to Manganari beach.
Thanks! Greetings, Marga and Mirjam

Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2010

The Ios Resort is an awsome choice for anyone visting the fun Island of Ios. This family run hotel has all the modern style & chic of a fancy hotel with good old fashioned service of a small hotel. A friend recommended this place to us & the hosts Maroussa & her Brother Mike do a wonderful job of looking after this property & go out of their way to do all the little things for you such as transfer you to/from the port, organise rental cars, tips on eating out, etc. We stayed for 3 nights in early June & wish he had more time to stay longer. The resort is fairly new, everything looks great, works well & feels very welcoming & comfortable. We had a large room which opened up onto a balcony with an amazing view of the huge pool below us & the village (chora) beyond. It was one of those beautiful views you could never get sick of looking at. There was also a poolside bar serving great cheap breakfasts, snacks, drinks, etc, throughout most of the day & evening. The location is really good as the walk into the heart of the Village from the resort was less than 5 minutes & there were heaps of great bars, cafes, shops, etc, to be found there. The bus stop was only a couple of minutes away and it was only a 10 min bus ride down to the beach in one direction or the port in the other. Finally, this place offers great value for money!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney AUS
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The reviews speak for themselves. But can I just add...

I must have been one of the most demanding guests ever! But the staff at Ios Resort were always ready to service my needs whether it be refreshments, or helping me locate my lost property.

After losing my wallet (and credit card) I had to inadvertantly extend my stay another night. Mike was extremely helpful, and took me to his mother's to sort out my needs. Upon which she even offered me some home cook Pastitsio!! The level of care and service for each and every guest is beyond professional, it is personal. And Mike's lively, vivacious personality means your excessive partying or desire to have some quieter moments is always taken with the best reception.

The only downside of this place, is you might forget to go checkout the awesome Mylopotas beach!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chora
Lofos Village Hotel
#2 of 10 in Milopotas
Yialos Ios Hotel
Yialos Ios Hotel
#6 of 42 in Ios

Been to Ios Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!