Retuned from a lovely 5 day stay at La Residence, thanks to trip adviser we booked this hotel and were not disappointed. Initially you have to realise that this won’t be a walk in the evenings into the main resort Mykonos Town type of place. We hired a small jeep for three days organised at a good rate by the owner of the hotel, it was so hassle free and gave us the freedom we wanted to explore the beaches. You can take the buse 4 time a day into Mykonos but their only 30 cabs on the island so you will have to wait for some time if you dont get the last one. The cab is 20 Euros so not too bad given the distance. The good thing about not being in the town is the quietness and tranquil atmosphere which after working in London is what we wanted. This hotel is definitely a boutique hotel and not your mass 5 star you get in the Caribbean. The rooms were lovely and views perfect. Breakfast was good, perhaps a few variations are needed like potatoes or sausage. You can order omelettes which were fresh and nice. I agree with the drinks price comments, cocktails are about right but beer is very cheap so should be priced accordingly. Perhaps a cocktail hour around sunset may encourage some more sales, but this hotel isn’t really about that.
We dived from the water sports centre on the beach to the Anne 2 which was very professional and good if you have not wreck dived. The restaurants in the bay with the fish tavern signs are really rustic and the first one who is run by the only lady fisherman was great value and a great find. In June it was very quiet but she says its busier in July don’t let that put you off as the food is very good. You can walk there from the hotel and don’t let the gravel path put you off either. The other restaurant we had drinks at which were really reasonable and the view is fantastic, we didn’t eat there but got chatting to a couple who were and they said it was very good. Mykonos isn’t cheap but providing you are sensible you can have fun, especially with the car. I’ve attached some notes my Greek friend sent me before we went as he is from here.
1. A very nice beach you can go is 'Kalo Livadi'. Go to the sunbeds of 'Sol y Mar' where you can relax, listen a bit of music, have drinks or a coffee (if you like coffee try 'Fredo Cappuccino') and then you can grab something to eat by the beach or you can go to the restaurant 'Sol y Mar'. If you go to the restaurant make sure to try the griller/fried feta with sesame, grapes and honey.
2. Ask the reception if it will be windy in "Panormos" (the beach is on the northern side of the island and it is better for you to go if it is not too windy). This is a very nice beach without sunbeds but with a nice bar/restaurant.
3. One of the very best (my favourite) beaches is "Psarrou" and precisely a place called "Nammos". Simply amazing. The food in the restaurant is superb.
4. If you wanna party in the morning you can go to "Super Paradise". It is very touristic and the road is not that great but still you can have fun. The crowd is international.
5. Other beaches that you can see are "Lia", "Elia" and "Ai Yiannis".
6. If you wanna see something historical you can take the boat from the port and go to Delos island (it is one of the most important mythological, historical and archaeological sites in Greece).
(Hint: it is more common to share a starter)
- Sea Satin (very very nice). Quality but simple greek food by the sea. A must. My suggestion is to go there on Friday or Saturday. you may see people dancing on the tables!!!
- Kallita restaurant (nice atmosphere, not very expensive)
- Nobu Matsuhisa (if you are feeling like having sushi)
- Interni (superb, posh)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis of graceful living, La Residence Suite Hotel captures the glamour and sentiment of Colonial chic in lavish surroundings, 24 elegant suites, spa, five pools and five plus star luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your La Residence Mykonos Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Mykonos Hotel Kalafatis
- La Residence Mykonos Hotel Suites Greece