5,346 results
All reviews sand fleas main pool a la carte restaurants bahia principe san juan animation team main buffet jeep safari recommend this resort seafood snack bar buffet restaurant mini golf bad reviews chicken paradise island great resort my boyfriend
Reviewed 14 April 2016

This resort is totally amazing. It has everything you could want. If you want something like a coffee pot, they will get u one. There are excellent shows every night for children and then adults. I particularly liked the layout of this resort. Every thing is close by and right on the beach. It is spread out along the beach and is never crowded due to its design. We spent most of our time in the Main pool which was never crowded. There are other quiet pools to relax which we used also. There are all kinds of games on each day such as Bingo. Ping pong, horse shoes. Volley ball and numerous others.
The kids are always entertained and recognized for there participation. we ran into people that had been there before. 17 times. 10 times. 15 times-and so on. We are retired and will definitly return.

Room Tip: They are updating the rooms. Ours was redone. They are all good.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Hotel Management and all the staff working at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, we thank you for publication on Tripadvisor about your experience in our hotel.

We are very happy to acknowledge that your experience was amazing and unforgettable due to our facilities and excellent service. In Grand Bahia Principe San Juan we want our valuable costumers to enjoy memorable holidays.

We invite you to visit us once again so you can enjoy our facilities and remain at your disposition for any further assistance prior your return.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in Puerto Plata.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2016

This resort is older but for the price it was clean and the service was good. Disappointed at the lack of coffee maker & iron in the room for sure....if you enjoy a cup after the street party before you go to bed....you have to use the machine...which gives you plenty of coffee grinds :( The main pool could use more skimming as opposed to the adult pool, which was done more frequently. Wifi is available in the lobby only...one device and your free 1 hour is run time, which is a bit of a drag. Ala carte restaurants were good, Mediterranean was about the best ***Take note, because of it's location- excursions require a lot of travel time to get to, which is unfortunate-and that includes the golf that they quote, it was well over an hour away which became costly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Dear Client,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us this review about our hotel.

We are really happy that you have enjoyed your holidays in Grand Bahia Principe San Juan.

We regret so much that we could not meet your expectations in some of our services. However, we sincerely appreciate your review as it is through communications on this nature that we can see what specific points we must focus to our attention.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again in Grand BP San Juan in a near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Amazing!! The resort was beautiful the staff were friendly the food was good (to everyone else in my group, 11 of us) but me :-/ my stomach just wasn't into it lol, the rooms are nice your basic beds, dressers, a tv and mini fridge with Air Conditioning. .if you want a safe it's extra, the maids are friendly and eager to start cleaning lol you can hear them wheeling their carts around 6:30-7am. My personal experience was amazing I couldn't have asked for a better resort with such friendly staff, with that said we met a couple young ladies from Canada also that didnt have such a great experience with a young man who worked in the Mediterranean ala carte he took their room # and name from the reservation sheet and showed up at their room later that night he tried luring them off the resort, he grabbed her breasts and tried kissing her, when management was told they were not going to do anything until someone that was in my group went to talk to them basically they moved them to another room (they weremt going to ) gave them a later check out time & free shirts.....he still works there was there the next night working in the kitchen got the room # again....another employee said its the SECOND complaint against this guy (im not sure if its Alec or Alex), but really he should of been fired, this is a resort you dont touch the tourist!.....like i said my personal experience was Amazimg I would go back :-)

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Angela J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your comments during your stay with us as it is through communications of this nature that we can evaluate our level of service and improve our facilities on all aspects.
Once again, thank you so much for your review and we sincerely wish to welcome you again very soon to our Hotel Grand Bahia Principe San Juan. We will be at your disposal for whatever you may need.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2016

First of all I have to say our trip was great we were sad to have to leave. We were there March 28 to April 4 th. From beginning to end we loved it all. I had emailed ahead to make them aware we would be celebrating an anniversary. We had a banner on our door for the full week congratulating us. We had received T shirts, bottle if rum, fruit platter and decorated the room with balloons. Our room was 2255 E-10 which was a minute walk to the beach hut a 5 minute walk to the buffet and lobby. The grounds were lush with tons of palm trees, flowering bushes and green grass. The room was comfortable we were on the second floor with a large balcony. Air conditioning worked well, water pressure wasn't an issue either. The beach was wonderful you could walk over a km and always see the bottom of the ocean, very clean except for patrons who would leave garbage, cigarette butts etc. Worked were awesome always a pleasant hola! Drinks were plentiful and Brugal was flowing. I was even able to have Cesar's with Smirnoff. No issues at all. The food was unexpectedly terrific. Everything was great and no one left hungry. The specialty restaurants were ALL great. Our fave was the Italian but the 3 were good, easy to make reservations with your preferred time. The Internet was not the best but I was on vacation so this did not bother me. Perhaps when we return it will be accessible in all the rooms with good reception. The bus ride to the resort was over an hour but quite interesting to pass through so many little towns. The check in was done on the bus so as we arrived at the resort we were able to go immediately to our rooms without delay. The Pueblo Prncipe which was the entrance to the resort has stores, disco, and casino. We were frequenting the Casino which was entertaining. We had not attended any shows but you could hear cheers and laughs from those who did. We loved this trip and will return.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We thank you for writing a review about your experience among us. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to express you how glad we are to read your positive valuation about our facilities and services. In Grand Bahia Principe San Juan we aim to ensure our valuable costumers memorable experiences.

In case you decide to visit us once again, please feel free to contact us.

Enjoy an all-inclusive holiday as a couple with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2016

My boyfriend and I came to this resort for 8 days / 7 nights at the end of March. The first & most important thing I want to say is if you go, please treat the staff with respect and tip them. They work SO hard - many of them work 7 days a week and all of them are incredibly kind / constantly trying to please you and make your stay perfect. I would say that everything the hotel does on a regular basis, they do flawlessly. By regular basis I mean maintain clean grounds, sand, pools, rooms, restaurants, etc. They have really delicious food in the buffet which I was pleasantly surprised about (there is honestly SO much variety that everyone will find something they really like in every meal, even if they don't like everything). They are consistently amazing at everything they do. I would say you'll only encounter minor issues when you're looking for the "extra": specialized restaurants, if you want to change your room, booking a massage (this one was sort of my fault, I'll explain below), and booking excursions.
I'm going to briefly summarize the main things you're probably wondering about:

Beach / Pool: The pools were amazing. I went on vacation expecting to have no interest in the pool area, and only want to swim in the Ocean. I found the ocean to be a bit rocky (especially near the shore) and it had sand blockers to keep big waves from coming in. I wasn't able to see through the water and didn't get the picturesque turquoise I'd hoped for - BUT the beaches on the excursions were breathtaking (see below). The pools were very well maintained. I found the big main one was good for younger crowds and music and fun / swim up bar was a plus. I prefer the littler pool to the left of the main one (if you face the main pool with the ocean behind you). The bartender there, Alba, is SO nice and it's a quieter area along the ocean. I would often go back and forth between the ocean and pool and tried to lounge on the chairs between the two. By the way - if you want a hut spot, wake up early! People lay towels down first thing when the sun rises.

Food: The food at the Buffet was really good - all of their chicken dishes were tasty, their fruit was amazing and their smoothies in the morning were the best thing ever. I was not a fan of the restaurants although the Japanese one was pretty decent. I went on my birthday and the staff came out with an entire cake to sing Happy Birthday to me in Spanish, and gave my boyfriend and I flutes of champagne. The Italian restaurant was pretty gross, and the Mediterranean one was alright but I was really hoping to get some lobster or crab. The lobster I had on my snorkeling excursion was the best, most delicious lobster I've ever had in my life. And I love that it was served to me already open, so I only had to pull out the meat.

Excursions: I did 2 excursions. I went snorkeling which was amazing. They took us into water that was so beautiful, it looked like mouthwash and we all jumped off the boat and saw a ton of fish. Then we went to a beach that I thought at the time was the most beautiful beach I'd ever seen (until we went to the next one). When we got to the last beach, we ate our lunches in front of the ocean and that was actually the MOST beautiful beach I've ever seen in my life - white sand, blue water. The waves were so high up and everyone was running in, getting knocked down by the waves, and running back in. It was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had.
We also went 4 wheeling on a 700 acre farm. It was unreal, there were horses, cows, and piglets free to roam wherever they wanted and the trees made us feel like we were in a jungle. The tour guys leading the ATVing were amazing and would stop every now and then to teach us about plants and fruit that grow and different trees. On the way back, we went along the ocean. It was something I'll never forget

Night life / events & parties: I'll get straight to the point - I have no idea. I lived like a senior and was awake with the sun. I pretty much went to bed after dinner around 9 or 10 and woke up early each morning. I hear it is good though!

Drinking water: You shouldn't drink from the tap, but other than that you're clear. The entire place uses filtered water and I had zero issues with ice, mixed drinks, water from the bars or restaurant - didn't get sick once.

Spa: On the beach is a tent with 2 massage beds and a sign that says "Bahia Spa". I called the day before to book and appointment for a couple's massage and when my boyfriend and I went, no one was there. My boyfriend and I went to the front desk to ask what was going on and the guy called the masseuse and told us she was coming. We asked if we were supposed to wait in the tent and he said yes. There was obviously a language barrier and it was our fault for not reading the map of the grounds carefully ahead of time because she never showed up but we found out days later that there is actually a spa building!

Honestly this resort was excellent and I would 100% go back. If I think of all the food we ate and alcohol we drank, and the fun that we had, the price was peanuts and well worth it.

Room Tip: You can't have a room with a king bed & on the beach - you have to choose one
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Monica R

Dear Guest,

We thank you for writing a review about your experience among us. In the name of the Hotel Management and all our staff, we would like to express you how glad we are to read your positive valuation about the hotel premises due to the arduous effort of our staff. In Grand Bahia Principe San Juan our customer’s satisfaction is part of our guiding principles so we can ensure pleasant experiences to our beloved guests.

In case you decide to visit us once again, please feel free to contact us.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Sincerely yours,