5,298 results
All reviewssand fleasmain poola la carte restaurantsbahia principe san juananimation teammain buffetjeep safarirecommend this resortseafoodfood was greatsnack barbuffet restaurantmini golfbad reviewschickenparadise islandgreat resort
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I recently stayed there in August for a few days and it was a sweet and sour experience. The reception area was a complete chaos and there very little coordination and the service was very poor. On several occasion at the main restaurant and by the bar area, i ordered some drinks and coffee and the waiters never reappear and will see by the bar socializing with their friends, At the same time our rooms were being serviced regularly and were left neatly and well attended. I also have to mention the kids club ran by Dheana she was very attentive and interacted very well with the kids and made the parents feel comfortable at her care. Beside that i would have it was a lot of pluses but since customer relation is on of the stronger points for customers that can leave a bad taste on ones experience but i would consider coming back if thy would improved and trained their employees to be more attentive to their clients.

Room Tip: suite would be a better choice
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Client,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us this review about our hotel.

We are really appreciate that you highlight in your feedback all the good aspects that you are making mention.

We regret so much that we could not meet your expectations in some of our services. However, we sincerely appreciate your review as it is through communications on this nature that we can see what specific points we must focus to our attention.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again in Grand BP San Juan in a near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This hotel is one of the worse hotel the we have ever visited the first reaction I had was that's it's a butlins in the Caribbean the rooms are small and the beds are only queen size. The room seemed clean but unfortunately it's what you can't see that's important my partner was covered in bed bug bites after the first few days which we first thought were mosquitos but when we got home doctor informed her that they were bed bug bites. Also the room had only one point for a plug which was in the bathroom which was very inconvenient. We thought that we had found a nice quiet spot for sun bathing on the beach also had a lovely swimming pool near at hand but unfortunately they closed it after 3 days of being there. There was another pool with a swim up bar but was so crowded it was uncomfortable. The food was OK when you could get to it as on every Friday afternoon about 800 locals all book in and they act like scavengers grabbing at the food pushing and shoving. Also they get treated better than any overseas visitors as at weekends the service goes completely downhill they get pampered to and we the oversea visitors might as well not exist. What I would like to say is a big thanks to eddy who looked after us in the morning for breakfast and again at lunchtime he was the only one that made sure that every one got what they required drinks etc. Also I would like to thank everyone in the Mediterranean restaurant for making my birthday very special for me. Unfortunately we will never return to this hotel to me this hotel should be rated as a 2 and no more.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank woody559

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time in sending us your feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We sincerely regret the fact that we were not able to fulfill your expectations regarding some of our hotel facilities and services.

However, we have follow up with our staff regarding your concerns and we would like to emphasis that we strive work for to create the best experience possible for all our clients according to our standards.

Once more, we regret so much that you have not enjoyed your holidays as you were expected. We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at any of our Hotels Bahia Principe in a near future, especially either of one of our Grand Bahia branch or Luxury Don Pablo Collection, which are a superior category and offer you an even more exclusive service and superior rooms.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Ok this is not a 5 star hotel but overall was good. Sometimes the service was excellent other time not so good there was a lack of consistency.

I travelled with 12 year old son.

We arrived as privilege club members and were taken to the separate check in lounge with welcome drink. The room was in block A4 which was ideal. Close to the main lobby area but overlooking the sea.

The room was clean and was serviced daily with a night time turn down service.

The privilege pool was quiet and there was a waiter service by the pool and on the beech.

There is free wifi in all of the privilege areas which is a plus

I enjoyed a drink at the privilege club bar at night before dinner.

There are carts (buggies) to take you around the resort.

We did go to the main pool a few times for the entertainment which was good and I enjoyed aquagym. There is entertainment from 10am - 5pm each day.

The food was good in the buffet with themed nights however locals arrive at the weekend and it can be chaotic at breakfast especially. We went to the 3 ala carte restaurants. In order preference would be Mediterranean, Japanese and then Italian. Again the service was excellent sometimes and not so good on other times.

The beech was beautiful but yes there are sand flies and I did get bitten a couple of times. Take a strong repellent.

Nighttime entertainment was good with guitarist in the main lobby each night and then a show from 9.30pm. The entertainment staff worked hard. The Michael Jackson show was especially good.

Trips - I really recommend the jungle jeep safari an excellent day out from 9.30-6pm.

The Dominican Republic is a poor country with 72% of the population without a job. Their culture is laid back and this does come through at times but you go on holiday to experience different cultures and to see the country. Overall a good holiday

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are better A4 was good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia H
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. We are very happy and glad to have received your comments. We would love to welcome you back soon in the near future please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you are planning to come back to visit us.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My family just returned from a magnificent trip to Rio San Juan. If you are looking for an authentic Dominican vacation to experience the cultural, landscape and beach life, this is the place for you. This was the second time that we have stayed in Bahia. Under the direction of Marta Cabrillo, the staff and property is one of the best-managed resorts on the island.

I’ve stayed at more hotels on the island that I can count on my hands. What is most important to our vacation experience was achieved at this hotel. Here are some highlights to share:

Room: We stayed in a suite that was amazing. It was essentially two rooms that were converted together. It gave us plenty of room to spread out. And most importantly it had two bathrooms, which is wonderful to get cleaned quickly up after a day at the beach. To top off the experience, room service at no charge was provided. The menu offered light items, which was perfect for an afternoon snack. The delivery time was fairly quick compare to other resorts that we’ve stayed out before.

Food: The food is authentic and it’s so wonderful that we ate at the buffet each day. We didn’t even bother to make a reservation at one of their specialty restaurants. Even traveling with the children, there were accommodations like high chairs and plastic cups. My children loved the fresh baked items for breakfast, the variety of Dominican rice and bean dishes along with pizza and ice cream! My favorite meal of the day was breakfast. I personally enjoyed yucca, batatas and fresh local fruits like mangos, cantaloupe and passion fruit. Keep in mind the fruit is seasonal. July is the best time of the year in our opinion to enjoy these fruits.

Kids Club: The women that were in the kids club, Johanna and Diana, were delightful. We made it a priority to make sure our children participated in the mini show each night. No experience is necessary, just that your child wants to dance and sing songs along with other children from all over the globe. At night children that did participate in the kids club activities received a certificate. Which was the highlight of my kid’s trip!

Beach: There are sandbags that my kids referenced as “whales” that took the brunt of the waves off shore. I was able to spend time in the ocean with my small kids without the fear of a wave knocking them down in the water.

Pool: There was a main pool that featured a kid’s only pool. If you prefer a small pool setting there were quiet pools on the property.

Cleanliness: From the hotel room to public areas, the top to bottom was clean. There was always toilet paper, towels and hand soap. In the evening there was an attendant keeping everything tidy in the public areas.

Evening Activities: There were different performers each evening in the hotel lobby. If I didn’t have busy children, I would have loved to enjoy the ambience. The performances varied from Dominican dancers to rock and roll. One evening I did see a margarita station as well as real pineapple drinks being served. Like most hotels, there was a show that was featured in the outdoor theater.

Safety: I felt safe at the hotel. For your valuables there was a safe in the room. Just like anywhere you travel in the states or abroad, stay vigilant. Don’t put yourself in an awkward position. Use your instinct.

Water Sports: There is a reputable third party that is on site. I was able to paddle board at on cost.

Tips: If you forget something, there is a store in the lobby that offers toiletries and souvenirs. The items are reasonable and a great place to buy high quality souvenirs. Trust me from living on the island; the majority of the items you find outside of the hotel are neither cheap nor high quality. If you are a surfer, check out Cabarete that is know for their kite surfing. It’s not super close so do your research before you get to the island. The town of Rio San Juan is close to the hotel. We spent an entire day at Caleton Beach, which is the most beautiful beach in the Dominican. It’s a 10-minute ride from the hotel. I highly recommend only using the taxi’s that service the hotel. Speak to the bell captain at the hotel to help you get set up with a taxi. The taxi dropped us off at the beach and we made arrangements for him to pick us up. Again, do your research before you go so you know what to expect. And, take cash; don’t expect to use a credit card. Be sure you tip your server, animation staff, kids club, bartender, front desk employee, and bellboy --- anyone who has provided you superior service. It can be a couple of bucks. Don’t try to bring employees gifts, they have to go through a security process when they leave and put anyone in a position as to why they are carrying out designer jeans or purses from their job.

Room Tip: Be sure to make your request with your booking agent.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracy H

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking of your time in writing us such nice review regarding your recent stay at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan. We truly appreciate it.

We are really happy to read that your family and you have truly enjoyed your vacation with us, and therefore you have good memories of our services and facilities. Also, we sincerely appreciate your compliments to our staff, we are ensured that it is only to their effort that we can accomplish with our goal –total satisfaction of our clients.

We appreciate very much all your comments. We sincerely hope to welcome you once again in Grand Bahia Principe San Juan. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you are planning to come back.

Family holidays with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I have come to this resort 7 times and I can easily say that it is one of the best out there! I cam here in March of 2017 for a week and this time decided to come for 5 weeks in the summer between July 7 up until August 11. In this time period there was not a day where I was unhappy, bored or unsatisfied. My room, thanks to David Liriano, Frailyn Enmanuel, Waldy and the other wonderful lobby staff was exactly the one I requested which was C1 1501. We had a couple problems with toilet not working but for a resort that's 20 years old, I was happy that there weren't problems other then that. If you want a room close to everything, rooms 1501-1504 (first floor) and 1601-1604 (second floor) in building C1 are the best, you don't get a view of the ocean but the theatre and lobby is right outside your front door, which is great if it starts raining suddenly! The grounds are well kept and always look amazing thanks to the gardeners who work endlessly to keep the grounds looking nice and clean. If want a coconut off a tree you can even ask them to grab one for you. The food possibilities are endless. The beach isn't perfectly white sand but nonetheless beautiful and well maintained with the water refreshing as can be. Whether you want simple buffet food, a la carte restaurants or just a snack at the snack bar they have it all. Personally I choose to eat in the buffet and from time to time in the snack bar but you won't be disappointed by the a la carte restaurants from what I've heard. The waiters do everything for you so you don't have to. With plenty of food to choose from and different cultural themed nights, you won't leave the buffet hungry. Reny, Luis, Brayan, Eddie, Wandy, Lewyn, Richard, Luis, and all the waiters worked so hard in the buffet and restaurants to make every meal I had amazing. Not to mention the bartenders who stayed so calm while having 20 people yelling for drinks and never messing up the orders. Yunely, Ramon, Dariel, Raul, Junior, Jose, Josue, Joan, and many more did an amazing job at bartending, providing great drinks. I obviously can't forget about the amazing entertainment team. I will not hesitate to say that Bahia Principe especially Rio San Juan has the best entertainment team. Marco, Melissa, Janny, Coralma, Dihanna, Joanna, Carlito, Daniel, Edward, Delvi, Carlos, Ledixon, Jefery, Roni, and Aquiles all kept me entertained and happy 24/7 for the whole 5 weeks I was there. Whether it was doing stretching in the morning, playing any of the many games, or even just sitting with me to keep company, there was never a dull moment with them. The shows at night was the highlight of the day with many interesting shows some with dance crews, some involving the audience, I was always smiling during the show. Overall I can hands down say this trip was the best one I've ever went on and that's what I will keep saying every time I come back cause it keeps getting better and better. The staff is the best I've ever seen and can't wait to come back soon. Love this hotel and all the people as my family!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the resort are quite but take long to walk to
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Valeriya S

Dear Guest,

First let me inform you that your opinion is very valuable to us, therefore we are extremely proud and happy for having left a pleasant memory. We are specially appreciated your positive comments about of our facilities and services. Comments like that you send us, are what motivate us as a team every day to improve the quality of service we offer.

Thank you so much for your review and we sincerely wish to welcome you again at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, a 5 star experience in Dominican Republic